Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 07:29 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times

Advertisements

I disagree. The covidiots out protesting are Trump supporters and he's egging them on in their suicidal quest. Far be it from me to stop anyone's God given right to protest and demonstrate. I wonder if he even realizes he's basically killing off his base (older white people)? You can't vote if you're dead.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:29 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It looks like vitamin D production is key to maintaining and strengthening our immunity systems, which is key to being able to fend off this virus. That is primarily produced from exposure to the sun, which obviously happens more in the warmer months.

So it probably had to hit now, as July or August it would not have had the same effect, as people in the Northern Hemisphere would not have been locked up in their homes as we were going through the winter months (this actually started last November in China.

So this has been as effective attempt by the Democrat left to "Let no crisis go to waste" and to try to 'burn it down,' since nothing else was working. It did about as much damage as could be done, short of a nuclear war. But it is not going to be enough.
Not just that, but warmth and sunlight kill the virus. A sample on stainless steel in a cool, dark environment had a half-life of 18 hours, vs 2 minutes in sunlight and warmth. Meaning that exposure in the summer months should result in a lower viral load and milder symptoms. IMO, given the infectiousness and rate of spread of this bug, most people have been or will be exposed in the next couple of months, we'll hit herd immunity and the virus will largely go away. Fortunately, the vast majority exposed will have no or mild symptoms (keep the nursing homes locked down and test workers of course).

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 05-01-2020 at 08:24 PM..

Old 05-01-2020, 07:51 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,499,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I disagree. The covidiots out protesting are Trump supporters and he's egging them on in their suicidal quest. Far be it from me to stop anyone's God given right to protest and demonstrate. I wonder if he even realizes he's basically killing off his base (older white people)? You can't vote if you're dead.

I dunno, if you believe the 'dear leader' there were millions of fraudulent votes cast by dead people, and every single one voted for team blue. Since he said it, it's got to be true right?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.
You're a real special one aren't you? Need some extra tin foil?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Exactly.

We have people keeling over ALL OVER THE WORLD to get at Trump. That's dedication.

All of those people, most of whom wouldn't know a US Democrat from a US Republican are in on it to get Trump, willing to die even, for a chance at getting Trump out of office!

Wow, in this country Trumpies are willing to sacrifice a grandma or two for Trump's success, but that is a lot different from being willing to die themselves in order to get Macron, Merkle, Trudeau or Xi out of office. That's one helluva conspiracy!
Even Boris is in on it.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:58 PM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times
Quote:
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.
Wow...

...I am just sad that people are suffering and dying.

If you must make this political...independent people in November will still remember who rarely showed empathy for those suffering, but who instead turned his pandemic press briefings into a campaign event.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:06 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,088 times
Quote:
No.
But I do know that the overreaction has the liberal stamp all over it.
This...indeed!

The pandemic is real, and prudent, measured actions should obviously be taken, but the abject fear being promoted by the media...24/7, and by those who are running around screaming "my hair is on fire and we're all gonna die", figuratively speaking of course, is way over the top.

Looking at the entire situation, from various angles, it's pretty easy to figure out the reason for the overreaction. Never let a good crisis go to waste. We're being played...and I think deep down, most of us at least have a very uneasy feeling about what is going on...and exactly why.

No real need to explain it in detail. As the old saying goes "If I have to explain it to you, you'd not understand it anyway".

Last edited by jasper1372; 05-01-2020 at 09:15 PM..

Old 05-01-2020, 09:39 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This...indeed!

The pandemic is real, and prudent, measured actions should obviously be taken, but the abject fear being promoted by the media...24/7 ...
So it is your opinion that 65,000 dead in a nine weeks is a trivial matter?

How exactly would you report that information if you ran a newsroom?

For what it's worth, I have not seen "abject fear being promoted", but maybe that's just me . If you want to link to some examples we can discuss it.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:51 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So it is your opinion that 65,000 dead in a nine weeks is a trivial matter?

How exactly would you report that information if you ran a newsroom?

For what it's worth, I have not seen "abject fear being promoted", but maybe that's just me . If you want to link to some examples we can discuss it.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Also, your math is wrong. First reported case was mid January. That's more than 9 weeks.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
So this proves how fragile the 'economy' was. That a strong stock market means nothing. That so many Americans are living so close to the edge even in a strong eocnomy.

Yeah none of this works for any party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies