Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 09:16 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Yes, the democrats colluded with the Chinese to release this virus to bring Trump down. The puzzles just fit. They both hate Trump. Mainstream media are pro-China and pro-democrats. They use the media power to prolong the fear of this virus for as long as possible going into the election.
Right wingers are so furious that Covid19 came along, and Trump with his abject failure to deal with it will likely bring his downfall in November-- that they believe anything. I wouldn't be surprised if you also believe that the earth is flat or that our once upon a time landing on the moon was a hoax.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:47 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The virus itself is dangerous and not political. So let's get that out of the way immediately.

The REACTION to the virus has been political, and if you don't think that the 2020 election has something to do with it, then I have a bridge to sell you in China. The media is determined to keep Covid 19 in the news as long as it takes. They are skewing every story to make trump look bad, and they are hoping that the shutdown lasts as long as possible, to hurt Trump's election chances.
If continuing this shutdown through the summer and until after the election hurts or even destroys the lives of tens of millions of Americans, that is fine with the Democrat left and their supporters in the mass media, if it helps them in their fight against their adversary. The people are objects to be used and are entirely expendable. What matters to them above all else is domination and control.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So it is your opinion that 65,000 dead in a nine weeks is a trivial matter?

How exactly would you report that information if you ran a newsroom?

For what it's worth, I have not seen "abject fear being promoted", but maybe that's just me . If you want to link to some examples we can discuss it.
There are many of those Over the Top Armageddon fears ..... this is one of my favorites reported on MSNBC. We will know how serious Covid-19 really is WHEN the CDC begins to report REAL numbers instead of "Presumed" numbers. We are not there yet.

Ezekiel Emanuel: U.S. Will Have 100 Million Cases Of COVID-19 In Four Weeks, Doubling Every Four Days - March 27, 2020

Old 05-03-2020, 09:51 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
If there had been a competent non-rapist running against Trump in November, the lockdowns would have started easing weeks ago.

Dragging this out until August/September and destroying as many lives as possible is the Democrat’s only option unless they can somehow get a better candidate.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:14 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,650,876 times
It is truly amazing the whole world went along with the conspiracy!

I'm in Portugal and they are shut down too. Hot, humid Ecuador is the hardest hit in So. America and that's where we go back if their airports ever open up. They have extremely strict lockdown orders.

It's hard for many of you to believe, but the whole world could care less about Mr. T. Except to laugh at him. And wonder WTH is going on in the U.S.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:23 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Too bad for you that Covid 19 hit us in March and you were able to lock us down in April and May and perhaps longer in some areas. But the warm weather, and the mask wearing and social distancing and just the general knowledge by a lot of people that our freedoms are being taken away should bring things back to a relative normal by September. If this virus had hit us in July or August for the first time, Trump would have been dead in the water by election day.
Repubikans can"t get anything right. Now tens of thousands of elderly voters will die before the election gets here. Who will that hurt? I'm sure the 30,000,000 unemployed won't blame them. We have already left the great depression in the dust.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:28 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Tell me with a straight face that these pro-Covid rallies, that always feature some sort of neo-Nazi or white supremacist symbols aren`t politically motivated.
Trump didn`t bring the virus here but as other countries were making plans to deal with it he was holding rallies and playing golf. He convinced you that we only had 15 corona cases and the next week there would be zero. Does it ever get tiresome trying to defend this guy? There was a time when the world looked to us for wisdom and guidance and now we`re pitied and mocked.

You'd have a point if y'all didn't think the American flag was a neo-nazi, white supremacist symbol.

Don't look now!!!...... Trump is hiding under your bed waiting to drag you off to a concentration camp while you're sleeping!!!

People at the protests just want to go back to work.

They want to be able to save their businesses and support their families.

They don't want Government handouts..

I know that's a foreign concept to the "basic income, free everything, eat the rich" crowd......

But some people just want the right to decide for themselves.

The rest of your post is just parroting garden variety Orange Man Bad ™ talking points downloaded straight from the MSNBC mother ship.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You'd have a point if y'all didn't think the American flag was a neo-nazi, white supremacist symbol.

Don't look now!!!...... Trump is hiding under your bed waiting to drag you off to a concentration camp while you're sleeping!!!

People at the protests just want to go back to work.

They want to be able to save their businesses and support their families.

They don't want Government handouts..

I know that's a foreign concept to the "basic income, free everything, eat the rich" crowd......

But some people just want the right to decide for themselves.

The rest of your post is just parroting garden variety Orange Man Bad ™ talking points downloaded straight from the MSNBC mother ship.
Much of what your post contains is just parroting conservative pundit baloney. How does mimicking that kind of talk prove you have more integrity.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:31 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If there had been a competent non-rapist running against Trump in November, the lockdowns would have started easing weeks ago.

Dragging this out until August/September and destroying as many lives as possible is the Democrat’s only option unless they can somehow get a better candidate.

Exactly.

Most of them are secretly hoping Joe will have a stroke between now and November.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And they got the whole world to sacrifice some of its citizens for the cause! Now that’s what I call commitment to a cause!
LOL.

Who knew the Democrats wielded such power over the entire world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.