Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:06 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for a more accurate antibody test. There are two occasions over the last 3 months that could have been COVID-19, one in particular was after exposure to a coworker who was sick. He was the last person I sat next to in multiple meetings before working from home, and his wife was diagnosed the weekend after we were in the office. Unfortunately, in mid-March, he wasn't even able to get a test after his wife tested positive and he and his kids were all sick as well. I ran a fever every night of the following week and was acutely aware of my lungs (though it had already passed by the time I found out about my coworker), but never got sick. I didn't qualify for a test at the time.

I have more than 2 dozen friends who are either currently ill or getting over COVID-19. Not all tested positive, but all live with a roommate, partner, spouse, or family member who had a positive test.

Multiple friends have lost grandparents and parents. Two of my colleagues have died. One of my closest friends lost both her father and stepmother within a week of each other. They left their apartment just once in the 3 weeks before they got sick, and wore masks and were very careful about washing their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 09:13 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
My SIL and her partner live in LA and both got very sick in January. They were deathly sick for three weeks or so and they said it was the worst illness either of them every had. Symptoms lined up with Covid perfectly with body aches bad dry cough, weakness, no sense of taste, etc. My wife and daughter were visiting with them just before they got sick, and my wife got sick shortly after they got home. Similar symptoms, but she was only sick for a week or so and got better. I did not get sick. In fact, I don't believe I've ever had any flu in many years. So maybe I have some natural immunity, hard to know. We're all interested in taking the antibody test.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We've had family members tested and we all got it back in Jan. My son lost 15 lbs the rest of us varied from tired to not much. My mom was back in ER four times in one month. We actually think she got it first from being in the ER.
That's why I wear a mask when going out to a store. One doesn't know how bad it will be after being infected. There are only 22 positive cases in my town with no deaths, but that may be only be beginning.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:30 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That's why I wear a mask when going out to a store. One doesn't know how bad it will be after being infected.
The thing is, when Mom got it we didn't know it wasn't just flu and other crap she's been fighting so I really didn't go nutz over it. Now that I know what it was I was like but then, if it didn't kill her, life time smoker on oxygen, then most people should be fine.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times
Two of my 20 something year old friends got it, and were really sick, and my friend's friend, who was also in his 20s got it and died from it.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
I'm hoping we can all beat this thing together.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:45 PM

The bashing of medical professionals has got to stop. It's unpatriotic and cowardly. People trying to save lives and stop the spread should be lauded as heros not villains. Do we have any decency left in this country?

Old 05-04-2020, 09:48 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The thing is, when Mom got it we didn't know it wasn't just flu and other crap she's been fighting so I really didn't go nutz over it. Now that I know what it was I was like but then, if it didn't kill her, life time smoker on oxygen, then most people should be fine.
This virus seems to affect everyone differently. What caused her to get tested if she thought it was just the flu. Was she grasping for air or something.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This virus seems to affect everyone differently. What caused her to get tested if she thought it was just the flu. Was she grasping for air or something.
Some people have no symptoms at all.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:56 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
She kept saying she felt like she was drowning. She wasn't the first one tested, my wife's boss was after his wife didn't feel well. She was negative, he tested positive. That's when they wanted us all in to be tested. All of us tested positive except the one person we thought caught it. She had to hide out by herself until the rest of us put two weeks behind us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies