Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 08:00 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,464,299 times

Advertisements

I travel a fair amount for work, Last week of Jan I was in LA, Houston Mid Feb and ND first week of March.

After LA I had a cough for like a week, Houston everyone in that meeting had a crud for a few weeks and after ND I had 16 hours of diarrhea and muscle aches. Maybe a fever but I never tested.

I am sure 1 of those was Covid. Waiting on more reliable anti body testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 10:23 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I travel a fair amount for work, Last week of Jan I was in LA, Houston Mid Feb and ND first week of March.

After LA I had a cough for like a week, Houston everyone in that meeting had a crud for a few weeks and after ND I had 16 hours of diarrhea and muscle aches. Maybe a fever but I never tested.

I am sure 1 of those was Covid. Waiting on more reliable anti body testing.
Roche just came out with an extremely accurate antibody test. Zero false negatives, and only a 1 in 500 chance of a false positive. If it is what they claim, you aren’t going to get more accurate than that. They only announced it 2 or 3 days ago, so it should be available in the coming weeks.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:44 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
A co worker tested positive. He is fine. Even with that though, in a workplace of probably 200+ people, only one tested positive.
Were all 200+ people tested and 199+ tested negative and he was the only one who tested positive, or he just happens to be the only one to have so far tested positive?

Old 05-06-2020, 02:38 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
*A distant cousin's 19 year old son ( college basketball player ) died after 4 days in an ICU. +COVID19. He lived in Illinois.

*My son-in law's father succumbed after 3 weeks in a hospital on a vent. ( he was in his 60s and lived in the state of Washington. Ran marathons) + COVID19

*Another son-in law's sister ( who is an extremely health conscious, athletic, pediatric neurologist) was ill with COVID19 for over 3 weeks. Not hospitalized, but cannot shake the cough or fatigue and remains positive. Interestingly, did not become infected due to her work but most likely contracted it from her spouse who was ill. +COVID19. ( not certain how they know this --most likely contact tracing--spouse is not a physician or in the healthcare industry) Also not hospitalized. They reside in Chicago.

*My brother-in-law has a nephew who is a college professor and avid skier. He survived a treacherous and long hospitalization for +COVID19 ( no vent required but was in an ICU). Lives in Ithaca NY.

We are in the early phase of this pandemic in the USA. As states "re-open" we all need to be prepared for a probable surge in cases and death. Here is an article, regarding reminders for concerned policymakers and residents, by Leana S. Wen. She is an emergency physician and professor at George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health. Previously, she served as Baltimore’s health commissioner.

As states reopen, here’s how you protect yourself from the coming surge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...wn-your-guard/

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-06-2020 at 04:02 AM..

Old 05-06-2020, 03:38 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,054,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't seem to recall anybody on here saying they were actually sick from COVID-19 as confirmed from a positive test. So if you were positive what was the illness like to endure?
I know many people who had it, some were seriously Ill but recovered, and unfortunately some others passed away.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:32 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Where/how did you get the antibody test?
FastCare clinic is where I got mine (I live in Miami Beach). But there are many places. I made an appointment on Friday for Sunday, got my results by Monday.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:41 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
I have not had it to my knowledge. I was tested at work with about 60 other people. 2 came up positive I was told. No one else in my social circle has/had it as far as I know.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:46 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
How many people died from COVID and did NOT get labeled, because our POTUS wants to restrict testing because his reelection is more important (to him) than the health of the very people he is sworn to protect?
The CDC already redid the numbers because of the "tendency" and pressure to add any death to the COVID numbers.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,848 times
My niece, who is in her late 20s is a nurse in a hospital near Bethlehem PA. She tested positive and had a mild case of it. She is recovering and should be able to go back to work once she is cleared. Her husband is an E R resident and also had to be quarantined for now.

Last edited by lightview; 05-06-2020 at 08:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2020, 08:06 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Yes. I had a day of chills, some sneezing and a little shortness of breath when physically exerting myself at work. Like a very short lived mild cold or some allergies. We have trees dropping pollen now and I sneeze as much now as then. I caught it at work and had coworkers who were tested positive for it whom I shared close proximity with. It was weeks before we were given masks and told to social distance( neither of which does much if anything but people need something to feel safe).
I openly point out that just about everybody at work has had it by now, some getting a hospital stay for a few days, others being at home and they had more serious reactions. Most having very mild or even no symptoms. Many got a free vacation over it. One coworker died from it. That was a tragedy but the company said we were not to say anything about anybody having it and they stonewalled telling us who did so their safety measures came across as hypocritical to say the least.
Talking to a coworker who said he didn't have it yet was mind boggling. He most certainly did have it. Twice in two months he had a "cold". Body aches, fatigue, sneezing, coughing. He's still in fear of getting it. I wash my hands, wear the stupid mask, sit alone at lunch but breathe the same air so maybe we can catch it again. If 10 times or even 20 times as many people have gotten it as tested, the mortality rate has dropped well below 1%. That is at least something to be thankful for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies