Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 08:29 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

Our job sends emails to let us know - so far 3 parents of coworkers have died - one guard is now infected - and other known affiliated to our job - there has been 3 deaths. All I know are hunkered. Teleworking using masks. So far so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 08:36 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
There are a few people on the State Forums who have had it.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:53 AM

20,062 posts, read 20,877,739 times
I don't know anyone who had/has it. I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has/had it. And thanks to 2nd homeowners and renter refugees we are *supposedly* one of the hardest hit areas in the state.

I know quite a few people in the healthcare field, including my brother who works in a very busy hospital, and said they were never "overwhelmed" with actual cases, but were overwhelmed by paranoid hypochondriacs. The fear was so great that many people who had a sniffle panicked and went to the ER.

It was also confirmed to me that many deaths were systematically rubber stamped covid with no positive confirmation. The stats are wildly inaccurate, or at least were. Seems with better testing available now the numbers may be becoming more accurate. Maybe.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:54 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
MANY. They are inflating the numbers. Now if someone dies with symptoms of COVID, even if they are in the final stages of cancer, they will be counted as a COVID death. No test is required.
Which tinfoil hat conspiracy site did you get that from? If anything, the numbers are UNDER reported.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-...-added-1275931

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2973481001/

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Old 05-03-2020, 09:07 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I don't know anyone who had/has it. I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has/had it. And thanks to 2nd homeowners and renter refugees we are *supposedly* one of the hardest hit areas in the state.

I know quite a few people in the healthcare field, including my brother who works in a very busy hospital, and said they were never "overwhelmed" with actual cases, but were overwhelmed by paranoid hypochondriacs. The fear was so great that many people who had a sniffle panicked and went to the ER.

It was also confirmed to me that many deaths were systematically rubber stamped covid with no positive confirmation. The stats are wildly inaccurate, or at least were. Seems with better testing available now the numbers may be becoming more accurate. Maybe.
Pretty sure the ER is where we got it. Some guy was coughing up a lung, you could see it in the air. This was in Jan. My son lost fifteen pounds but the rest of us, meh. I've had worse colds.

The CDC reworked the numbers to much much lower.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't seem to recall anybody on here saying they were actually sick from COVID-19 as confirmed from a positive test. So if you were positive what was the illness like to endure?
My Nephew, early 30's, was working to help people with the virus and caught it and had a relatively mild case. One of my friends (about 74 yoa) caught it and was down very sick for a couple of weeks but has recovered. My Dr. (female about 50) had a bad case of it but has recovered and now treating people that have it again.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Im in NY. Yes. Right in the thick of it. Wife is an essential worker. I have seen enough death and sickness for a lifetime. My Bosses grandmother died from it. I have a friend who died from it and a close close friend who is in a coma from it. Her daughters might have to pull the plug. Doctors are not optimistic . I had a co-worker with it. She was down for 3 weeks. I had a childhood friend who works for dept of health get it. I talked to her on FaceTime. Whoaaa. I want NO parts of this virus. I'm not advocating for shelter in place forever but we have to prevent the spread. I hope and pray that we change the way sick time at work is used to discourage people from coming to work sick.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:58 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I know of someone whose husband had pneumonia and went to dr who said he probably had covid. Did no test, said they(dr)didn't have one. Wife took him to hospital, was tested, negative.

How many people who have died have been labeled as covid victims? Most I am quite sure.
He could have had it and the test was wrong. From what I read, none of the tests are reliable.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
I know 3 people who have had it, one died a couple weeks ago, one is still in the hospital and one recovered from it.

The girl in the hospital I know is 28 yrs old and healthy, the other 2 people were older.

The one that died was a very good friend of mine, who I have known for over 25 yrs.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:02 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
So depressing, reading all these stories.

stay healthy everyone. we are all in this together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies