Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 05:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Anyone who steps into a group of people who are constantly at one another's throats about absolutely everything and asks them such a question, and thinks they can bank on the veracity of any of those answers, they are a complete fool. If you actually read any of these threads you will conclude that, at any given time, someone is lying.
You can't really be lying if your mind tells you that it's the truth . Some people don't have the mental capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 05:16 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
How much is Bill Gates paying you?
What she posted is being found in some patients.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:16 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
It's possible but I was never tested.

In the second week of February I had to make two separate business trip, which necessitated that I went through the Atlanta airport four times in one week.

After I got home, I had the worst chest cold of my life.
It took 5 weeks to get over and the coughing was severe. Although I had no fever and there was chest congestion it was not easy to bring up.

The coughing hurt so bad after the first week that my stomach muscles ached every time I coughed.

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-03-2020 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-03-2020, 05:21 PM

356 posts, read 121,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Good friend in Los Angeles, her long term boyfriend had it, early 40’s, fit healthy active. Died.
You sure he didn't have an underlying condition?

Old 05-03-2020, 05:23 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
You sure he didn't have an underlying condition?
Do you think all the Drs and nurses that died at the front lines had underlying conditions ? The 5 yr old girl ? Do you think healthy people cannot die from this I guess is the better question.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I personally know 3 people in NJ, aged mid 30’s- early 50’s. No underlying conditions. Took all three 6 + weeks before they began to feel better. None of them know each other. None of them feel 100%.
New York area definitely has a higher viral load than almost anywhere else

Old 05-03-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Do you think all the Drs and nurses that died at the front lines had underlying conditions ? The 5 yr old girl ? Do you think healthy people cannot die from this I guess is the better question.
Yes, but it is extremely, extremely rare.

People say so and so is healthy like no other but in the end, they may have had a heart defect etc.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You can't really be lying if your mind tells you that it's the truth . Some people don't have the mental capacity.

Well, yeah. But like they say, ignorance is no excuse.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:58 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
So far... Wife's coworker husband has died. A EMT (or was it a paramedic) in my town has died (he was young too). The owner of a convenience store in my town has died.... 24/7 store that hasn't closed its doors in decades was locked.. sad. Very early in the outbreak (just a day or two before shuttering schools), there was a parent and child in one of my kid's classes that was hospitalized. However due to privacy concerns, they didn't release the identities which is understandable. I have no idea if they made it. I think shuttering the school soon after the news probably stop the spread within the school itself.

So far we've been lucky... My entire family was sick between Xmas and New Years. We all just assumed it was the Flu... but I tested negative for Flu (all three of my kids tested positive) but was sick in bed for a week. So its possible the family has already been exposed and we just don't know because no tests.

I do agree that Containment has failed....

As such, I do agree we will all get it eventually. My feeling is that testing and an effective treatment is very important at this point... much more so than a vaccine.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
Yes, but it is extremely, extremely rare.

People say so and so is healthy like no other but in the end, they may have had a heart defect etc.
You really need to do more reading. Young healthy people ARE dying. It is not as rare as you think.

Stay well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies