Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 07:42 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,744 times

Advertisements

About a month ago I was worried. I got chills that lasted for a week, so bad that any contact felt cold like I put bare hands on a chain in 30°F weather (think sunburn hot contact but, cold). I was coughing quite a bit for a few days. I felt extremely weak, like my body was collapsing under its own weight (I'm 6' 205 so not too bad) but, it felt like random joints were just failing. I got wheezed for nothing, like getting up and walking to the bathroom too fast had me huffing and puffing a little.

I feel fine now, can run up stairs and walk fast, I'm springy again (well as much as I was or wasn't). I still wear the mask and gloves out of respect for some others.

Still I don't know what I had. I am still more inclined to believe that fatality numbers are being inflated (any death not obviously caused by physical trauma is to be labeled as CV19 related) due to an attempt by the media / government to scare people into willingly accepting a "vaccine" with a digital tattoo.

That last part must be fought. My history is shaky but, I seem to remember a war, between like 1939 and 1945, where millions of people were tattooed with numbers and subsequently exterminated, I believe the whole world was involved...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 07:45 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
i was coughing during the first of feb, like cough up a lung, but never did miss work ( i work alone, outside) i thought it was the regular flu

Old 05-03-2020, 07:47 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
I just found out a person I take a class with, and her husband, were tested and confirmed to have had it.

They were both sick for a few days in early March. They experienced weakness and a fever, but after calling their doctor, were told to just stay home and treat. No need to be hospitalized. When this person called in to work to let them know, she was informed that a client she had seen a few weeks prior had just gotten back from a trip to Italy (she had been unaware of that).

This person had attended 3 weekends of a huge event, with the same group of people, just prior to getting sick. She attended our mutual class weekly during that time as well.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:52 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Husband of one of my friends died from it. Mid 50's, but very overweight.

Next-door-neighbor's father has it. Mid 60's, overall health is good, he's recovering. It had been bad, got a bit better, then he took a bad turn again. Doctors think this should be the last of the illness for him.

I might have had it. Saw two brides in early February from Italy and one whose fiancé is from China. The only symptom I had that made me think Covid-19 was the tightness/pain in the upper part of my chest and between my shoulder blades. I also had a sore throat for a few days, and headaches off and on, but I figured it was just early allergies.

The chest tightness lasted weeks. In fact, every few days I can feel a little lingering pressure. Who knows, though. Maybe just anxiety over waiting weeks for some kind of unemployment to come through.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Really, Has Anybody On Here Been Sick From COVID-19?

I haven't been sick from anything. I usually get bad colds (at least one severe one but sometimes two) in the Spring. That did not happen this year, I believe due to social distancing.

I made sure to get a flu shot this year (again) and also (new for me) the pneumonia shot. I don't want anything to take advantage of and/or complicate my weakened state if I do get affected by something more serious.

COVID is a very serious respiratory threat, fighting it damages and scars the lungs, I am glad I have been safe ... up at least until this point.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:06 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Thank you for starting this thread. Funny that my friends and I were talking about this at the very beginning of Feb. We all agreed that COVID-19 was serious and we all needed to take it seriously, but our conclusion is that at the end of the day, none of us would personally know anybody who got it, so it is always other people's problem.

Well, one and half month later, my friend (32 year old, long time surfer, very healthy and fit) had Covid-19. He said he has never been "THIS" sick his entire life, but he finally recovered. (the symptoms last about 5 days)

On Jan 24th, I had a very strange mild cold. I had dry cough (then productive cough, then dry again), sore throat, running nose, but my symptoms only last about 2-3 days, I lost my sense of smell for couple of days, but then recovered. The cough, however was ongoing, I had it for 2 month and finally it stopped. I also had occasional chest tightness, sometimes, it was a bit hard to breath, but I believe it was just the anxiety associated with the pandemic because the so called chest tightness always got better with exercises. When I wasn't worried, my breathing was fine, when I was worried, It felt I had an elephant sitting on my chest. When I exercised or even just moved around, my breathing is fine. So I think I just had anxiety. lol

My uncle (an ER doctor) said the ongoing cough sounded like Post-nasal drip, the loss of smell sounded like A stuffy nose caused it, well, I didn't see him face to face, but two month ago, he didn't think I had covid-19, I had no fever, no pain, no nothing. Now, regarding the test, he said the test should STILL be reserved for people who need to work, since I quarantine myself at home and live alone with my fiance, the test is not necessary especially when I am symptoms free. If there is an antibody test for me, that would be great though.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-03-2020 at 08:23 AM..

Old 05-03-2020, 08:12 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I know of several friend of a friend people that had it and died. didnt know them personally but I was in contact with people that were exposed to the virus. So I limit my time to groceries and wear a mask.

Our corner convenience store gas station was closed down for cleaning because of an employee had it.

NJ is second to NY in outbreaks so all these states opening up that think quarantining is over done are next.
I would imagine that everyone in New York and New Jersey will be able to say they know people that had it and people that died from it. It has hit you guys so hard. It’s awful!

I have recently learned of one family member in Amarillo who has it. He’s a prison guard. He’s pretty healthy and exercises regularly (black belt), but he is in his sixties. He seems to be on the mend but I worry about his wife who is my first cousin. I hope she doesn’t get it because I don’t know what will happen in her case.

I believe my sister and two of her kids had it a couple of weeks ago, though they don’t have testing. It’s interesting because my sister was sick as a dog for two weeks and then finally went to get tested. They waited in line for three hours, had the awful test that caused them to have bloody noses all day, and then the testing site told them the delivery driver didn’t get the samples to the lab in a timely manner so the tests were ruined. She went and got another test, but of course by then she was feeling better for several days. No matter because the damn testing site couldn’t give her results for that test either . I think they’ve since learned that the tests that site had were defective.

So she has no clue, and the antibody tests are about as effective as the ones in her county.

I will probably never know, but we are pretty sure my daughter had it in February at college in Austin. She had a pretty bad sickness that we thought may be the flu so she went to the doctor and got a flu test that was negative. They said it was probably just a virus. At that time they were saying a lot of people were getting sick with the flu, but I’m pretty sure most weren’t tested. They were just assuming it was flu because it was flu-like symptoms.

Neither I nor my son have had anything resembling the flu or Covid-19, so I’m not going to bother with antibody testing if good tests become available. I would love to get one for my daughter though.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:17 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
My entire family had it back in Jan. My wife's boss was tested for it last month and had it too. That's what triggered all of us to get the tests. The only one with any real symptoms was my son who lost fifteen pounds.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's not a hoax. You just wish it was a hoax because you want to play "my party is better than your party". You haven't gotten and no one you know has. Guess what. You likely live in a place where alot of people aren't getting it.
I think the poster was being sarcastic. Hint: winking emoji.

I have a niece in WA state who got it. She was sick for three weeks but recovered. She is the only one that I know directly whom had it.

I’m glad for everyone here who has had it and recovered, and I’m terribly sorry for anyone who knows anyone who did not recover from it.

Last edited by ATX Wahine; 05-03-2020 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-03-2020, 08:28 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I'm waiting for an approved reliable anti-body test then I will get it. I might have had COVID.
All of us might have had it. It's highly infectious, and most infected will never know it. 25% of NYC has already been infected, and a good percentage of other areas. Containment has failed. Looking forward to seeing the results of more antibody testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies