Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How is it his plight? He is the product of a two parent household. He himself is not poor or a criminal. He has not produced any children out of wedlock. This behavior is all foreign to him. He grew up middle class.
I am referring to his numerous past posts on the subject of race relations. I reckon I should have made that clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain the Deep South for me. Actually, I've mentioned this over and over and you still won't listen. The South is a Republican region. Whites in the South vote Republican to very large numbers, especially outside of large cities. Whites in the South are more religious than other parts of the USA.
The deep south is heavily Black and therefore deeply religious.

Quote:
"Of all respondents who reported black in 2010, 55 percent lived in the South, 18 percent in the Midwest, 17 percent in the Northeast and 10 percent in the West.

The percentage of the black alone population also increased in the South, from 55 percent in 2000 to 57 percent in 2010, whereas it decreased in the Northeast and the Midwest."
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/rele...b11-cn185.html

Quote:
By the way, funny you mention Catholics. I live in the South, and I'm Catholic. The church I go to is mostly White. Very few Blacks or other minorities at my church. Most of the persons I've gone to church with are Republicans. Something else too. The even split among Catholics has alot of factors involved.

1) Many are C&E Catholics. The kind of Catholics who only go to church on Christmas and Easter. Catholics who only go to church a few times a year. Those are likely the Democratic Catholics.
2) Alot of Catholics are from northern states like New Jersey and Illinois. Alot of hardhat Democrats among the Catholic population.
JFK, RFK, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden... all White, all Catholic, all Democrats.

Quote:
As for the Protestant faith, the only Protestant churches that are accepting of gay marriage are: Presbyterian, Methodist (United Methodist particularly), Anglican, and Episcopalian. Most of the South is Evangelical Protestant, particularly Baptist.
Baptists are only a very small percentage of the US population, 15%. 26% of Baptists are members of Historically Black Baptist Congregations. Yet even though they're Baptist in the Deep South, they still overwhelmingly vote Dem.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:49 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
But that's the thing.

A great deal of the inequality you decry and attribute to whites and their stealth racism actually comes from self-destructive behavior like having babies young and out of wedlock. That is why you witness people like me who seemingly have no sympathy for your plight.

But here we are pointing it out and warning you that this is a problem. Any fool can see it is a problem.

And the result? Complete denial. One poster even derided whites for utilizing <gasp!> statistics. Why confront the data driven truth when you can kill the messenger?

Do you think we like this? Do you think we find it funny?

No.
Exactly. Why the continual excuse-making for self-destructive behaviors and cultural values from some? That just justifies the ongoing harm.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Why the continual excuse-making for self-destructive behaviors and cultural values from some? That just justifies the ongoing harm.
Maybe because it is embarrassing.

Years ago, I worked with a black woman who was engaged. She was going to marry a guy who had 5 kids from 3 different women. And he worked as security guard at a library.

Normally, this would be none of my business. But she was afraid to tell her father (big surprise) and asked my advice.

I first asked when her fiancee would ascend the learning curve? I then pointed out that she would become the surrogate mom to all 5 plus any kids she had with him.

She ended up breaking it off. Smart woman.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:07 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
The consequence for being a no-good shill who isn't going anywhere in life should be sexual frustration.

That is never going to happen. Men who are attractive to women are always going to have sexual opportunities just like the other way around even if the woman is not wife or mother material.

The episodes where I have seen that, the woman has wanted more than child support, she has wanted a Dad for her existing kids too. Seems like desperation to me not malicious.

I'm not seeking to excuse it, just saying what I see. Any race any socioeconomic level, you will always see men wary of single mothers because they know that they will be expected to be a stepdad.

But they aren't wary enough not to sleep with them with no protection! And then act all shocked in Paternity court.
Sadly, this is true. This is why I brought up the issue of some men, who would be husband and father material, having trouble with women, many posts ago. Men who have swag often get alot of sexual opportunities. If those men were smart, they wouldn't take them. If they were smart, those men would better themselves, and then actually concentrate on building a family with someone who is also interested in building a family.

It is also true that some women are looking for a father figure for their kids. Some women will get very upset when a man mentions "I don't date women who already have kids". Alot of men don't want to play stepdad. I most certainly don't want to. I don't want to date women who have kids, especially young kids. And at my age, anyone who is single is very likely to have young kids.

I bring up child support because that can make a man go broke. Some of the women I've seen on The Maury Show often behave maliciously. One thing about that is this. If said women had done the right thing and actually married a man who is husband and father material, said individuals wouldn't need to hit the child support courts. Said women want to get pregnant, and then not get married. It is much smarter and more sensible for a woman to better herself, and then find a man who qualifies as husband and father material.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:11 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Maybe because it is embarrassing.

Years ago, I worked with a black woman who was engaged. She was going to marry a guy who had 5 kids from 3 different women. And he worked as security guard at a library.

Normally, this would be none of my business. But she was afraid to tell her father (big surprise) and asked my advice.

I first asked when her fiancee would ascend the learning curve? I then pointed out that she would become the surrogate mom to all 5 plus any kids she had with him.

She ended up breaking it off. Smart woman.
I met a guy with 5 kids by different women and he was gathering them. As in he had 4 and wanted custody of the 5th, who was still breast feeding. I never got to find out? Was he being a welfare/child support King, or? I'll never know, but they were staying in a two bedroom apartment with his sister who took care of them while he worked.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I met a guy with 5 kids by different women and he was gathering them. As in he had 4 and wanted custody of the 5th, who was still breast feeding. I never got to find out? Was he being a welfare/child support King, or? I'll never know, but they were staying in a two bedroom apartment with his sister who took care of them while he worked.
Not exactly the Brady Bunch.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The deep south is heavily Black and therefore deeply religious.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/rele...b11-cn185.html

JFK, RFK, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden... all White, all Catholic, all Democrats.

Baptists are only a very small percentage of the US population, 15%. 26% of Baptists are members of Historically Black Baptist Congregations. Yet even though they're Baptist in the Deep South, they still overwhelmingly vote Dem.
1) What part of "white southerners are more religious than whites anywhere else in America" do you not understand? Or are you failing to listen because it doesn't go along with what you want to hear?

2) The Kennedys, Pelosi, Biden, all are from the northern USA. I mentioned that in my bullet points. And Joe Biden is a hard-hat Democrat from Pennsylvania. I mentioned that too. I guess you just refused to listen.

3) Baptists are 15% of the U.S. population, but a majority in the South. I asked you to explain the South's White population. You still haven't given any proper response. Whites in the South are majority Baptist, and vote Republican in large numbers.

4) Louisiana has a large Catholic population, among the largest in the South. It's a very Republican state.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I am referring to his numerous past posts on the subject of race relations. I reckon I should have made that clear.
What you're saying is that any racism I've dealt with is the product of bad behavior from other Black people?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
What you're saying is that any racism I've dealt with is the product of bad behavior from other Black people?

Ummmm ... no.

I am saying that bad behavior from black people is now the main obstacle to black success rather than white racism.

Sorry Green. 70% of kids out of wedlock along with black crime stats and dropout rates is not the result of racism.

You guys are the arbiters of your destiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies