Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 05:25 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times

Advertisements

I have read everything I can find on the issue and the glaring thing to me is that at a rate of 80%, hardly anyone is growing up with proper role models.

That is not something that can be fixed overnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 07:56 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I have read everything I can find on the issue and the glaring thing to me is that at a rate of 80%, hardly anyone is growing up with proper role models.

I don't think it will be fixed in our lifetimes. Or rather, many people have been dealing with the relative paucity of good role models for years. We're just seeing it reported more than ever.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:26 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've always looked at OOW births as a moral problem, not a race problem. Yes, Black women are leading in that category and have been leading for a long time, even before "the welfare state". At the same time, I've seen OOW births from non-Blacks. For me, it's a moral issue. I look at it is "this is wrong. You should have your children in wedlock. Get married first, then have children". Marriage is part of the process in building a family. I look at it in Biblical terms.

To be honest, morality hasn't been a strong suit in America. What was considered moral back then isn't today. What wasn't back then, is today. Being in the KKK isn't moral by any means. I don't consider OOW births to be a good idea either. Being in the Klan in many parts of the USA in the 40s and 50s wasn't considered the worst thing to be. Today, you don't dare tell anyone. Back in the 40s and 50s, OOW births were met with shame. Today, alot of people don't care.

Out of wedlock births have been an issue in the Black American population going back to the 1930s. And I posted links in this thread proving such. I don't blame welfare for it because of this. Between 1930 and 1960, Black OOW birth rates varied between 27% to 40%, while only 5% to 6% for White women. Black men have dealt with their pride and ability to take care of themselves compromised and challenged from the moment they were brought to this country. It got even worse after slavery ended.

Question. How are we going to end up with a breakup of this country?
I think because it’s a breaking point for so many people. As long as they can live in their own little neighborhood and not see the blight and crime but that it becoming harder to find every day. When their children start being directly affected I think the people who actually pull the strings and turn the wheel in this country are going to do something. The only solution to me short of stealing every civil right from citizens to force them to behave in a acceptable way is just say screw it and start a new country with entry by invite only.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:37 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

I think we’re well beyond the “fixing” it point. I’ve read every statistic and study I could find on the subject and its clear that its now culturally ingrained into the black community.

The great news is as a black man, liberals tell me I can just blame someone else. And when that doesn’t work, liberals claim it can’t be fixed overnight.

So in the meantime our American black youth get to live without male father figures at a whopping 80% rate while democrats promise to fix it one day and African immigrants continue to be highly educated, being victors instead of victims.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:57 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I think we’re well beyond the “fixing” it point. I’ve read every statistic and study I could find on the subject and its clear that its now culturally ingrained into the black community.

The great news is as a black man, liberals tell me I can just blame someone else. And when that doesn’t work, liberals claim it can’t be fixed overnight.

So in the meantime our American black youth get to live without male father figures at a whopping 80% rate while democrats promise to fix it one day and African immigrants continue to be highly educated, being victors instead of victims.

Last time I flew into Chicago for a business trip, while taking an Uber back to the airport, I got an absolute earful on this very topic from my driver. He and his wife were recent immigrants from Kenya. Both of them were putting themselves thru nursing school. This was a very heated subject for him and he literally went off for an hour telling me about it. So you are not alone with your opinions! Nice post.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:14 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
We want the magic bullet to cure social problems. If people in Appalachia quite useing oxycotin, if people on reservations quit drinking alcohol, and if people in the inner cities quit having babies out of wed lock it would solve "the Negro Problem."
Aren't we lucky that after 200,000 years of existence humans were finaly blessed by the Judeo Christian construct of what a family is? One man one wife only works until it doesn't.

I heard another famous African American millionaire entertainer on a radio interview recently. The interviewer made sure to to get to the; single mom strory,,,blah blah blah, growing up poor, blah , blah blah, drugs , criminals, blah blah blah.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
This stat ignores the huge black middle class and only focuses on the most impoverished hardly fair
Color stats never are
Signed a gop

Old 05-21-2020, 12:20 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This stat ignores the huge black middle class and only focuses on the most impoverished hardly fair
Color stats never are
Signed a gop
Exactly. The poor blacks have always been hardest and first hit by every difficulty because they are more susceptible to simple minded bigotry.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:44 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Racist love statistics. For them these numbers are why black men can't get jobs, get shot by the police, go to jail, prowl the street at night looking for victims, drop out of school, and are generally thought of as a problem. These numbers are 400 years old. Nobody was keeping track of these statistics as long as black people were owned by white people.
Thank You.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:53 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
This really isn’t a race issue anymore because every group has declining morality and family values which is like a bomb going off in every city in the country. I think blacks led the way but out of circumstances out of their control to a point. Ill conceived liberal programs destroyed already struggling families and robbed black men of their pride..typical liberal thinking destroys everything.

I think we are headed for a break up of the country because there are still a lot of people who want law and order and peace. It won’t be pretty for people who think big, liberal government will always save them.
Big government is pushed by both liberals and conservatives. Both point fingers at each other while doing the same thing, often in different ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies