Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 04:53 PM

73,045 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Exactly. The poor blacks have always been hardest and first hit by every difficulty because they are more susceptible to simple minded bigotry.
Susceptible to simple-minded bigotry? Can you explain that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 04:56 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People such as the Black middle class fleeing from the underclass and to middle class/upper class areas. When there is nothing you can do to get people to listen, and it's literally causing you problems, you go elsewhere.

In fact, during the housing crisis, many Blacks living in majority-Black Southfield,MI took issue with poorer Blacks moving in from Detroit.

https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/2...ro_detroi.html

Gotcha, thank you, I see what you mean now.
But do you understand, that if Black middle class CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN ( because those "simple folks" ARE STILL PART of your ethnic group, as it's a case with ANY nation/ethnicity,) then you make those folks SOMEONE ELSE'S problem? In this case - namely - American Whites.
Do you see a problem right there, since American whites can and DO take care of their own lower classes.

And on top of that, now they have to take care of YOURS as well.

And that's the reason that they feel it's becoming too much.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That’s interesting considering that Kenya, similar to many other nations, did not even register the births of children out of wedlock until recently. Fathers were not responsible for their children out of wedlock.

Another example is Nepal, which also did not register children born out of wedlock. Abortion numbers are significant there as well. Yet the above cultures are those that are deemed more traditional and stable in terms of family. Not saying that they are not in comparison but there are significant issues.

Sometimes people simply want to talk about those who they perceive as more problematic than they in whatever society they live. But look closer at their home countries or even at those within their ethnic group in the new land. There often isn’t as much room to talk.
OOW birth rates are among the highest in Latin America. OOW birth rates there are comparable to OOW birth rates here in America. Colombia's OOW birth rate is 74%. There is a 52% OOW rate in The Philippines, in stark contrast to the rest of Asia.

One of the ironies of it is this. I remember a thread from 2015, right here on CD. Some person, presumably from Colombia, came in to complain about Black men, as far as mixed kids out of wedlock was concerned.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post40399131

Old 05-21-2020, 05:22 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
One thing to keep in mind is unlike immigrant communities, blacks who are successful get away from their community and never look back.

You will see them use their past as PR, but they will never step foot in the hood.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is unlike immigrant communities, blacks who are successful get away from their community and never look back.

You will see them use their past as PR, but they will never step foot in the hood.
Or you have Black middle class people like me. I grew up in an area that about 90% White. I never "got away from the community" because I didn't grow up "in the community". Most of the Black persons I was close to were middle class, like me.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But do you understand, that if Black middle class CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN ( because those "simple folks" ARE STILL PART of your ethnic group, as it's a case with ANY nation/ethnicity,) then you make those folks SOMEONE ELSE'S problem? In this case - namely - American Whites.
Do you see a problem right there, since American whites can and DO take care of their own lower classes.

When I say underclass, I'm referring to a specific kind of Black undertow type. You can be poor and Black, and still have some respect for yourself and not hurt other people. I'm talking about the thugs, the hood rats, the idiots who just can't behave. I'm talking about the fools who keep going in and out of prison.

For instance, there was one kid I grew up with. He came from Black middle class families (he was actually a stepchild though). As he got older, he gravitated to the losers, the druggies, the people not going anywhere in life. We drifted apart. Years later, I find out he got divorced. He drank alot. He would work, then lose jobs due to his own stupid habits. I cut him off for good when he engaged in some embarrassing behavior in front of a friend of mine. I had tried to help him, and he couldn't get right. His own family even tried. He later got busted for public drunkenness. I decided "you want to be a stupid hood rat, go ahead. You'll do it without me". I didn't speak to him for a long time. He hasn't gotten any better.

This is the thing. I don't want to be in lower class areas. I don't want to be around it. The middle and upper classes are suppose to be the gate keepers. They are to say "you either get your act together, or we're not dealing with you. You want to improve yourselves, do better in life, and you're going to leave hood rat life behind, feel free to join us. If not, forget it. Want to commit crimes? The police, prison, and people armed to defend themselves will deal with you".

What do you expect Black middle class people to do? Babysit hood rats?

Last edited by green_mariner; 05-21-2020 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-21-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Part 2.

I am going to mention this. One of the consequences of behaving like a hood rat should be social ostracism. One of the consequences should be not having one's pick in terms of a spouse.

This is the way I see it. Prison and social ostracism are suppose to be two things that scare people. There is only so much you can do with low-lifer types before you say "go ahead, go to prison". The fact that you have people who just won't listen when Black middle class people are saying "get your act together" or "you're causing problems for us". The average thug/hood rat doesn't care. Some people don't have an incentive to stop doing what they do. What do you do with that?

Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I cannot speak to your Uber driver. For myself and others I have discussed it with, we are NOT trying to talk down to you.

We are simply pointing out the obvious: Having kids without means (forget wedlock for a moment) is asking for trouble. It creates instability and helps to reproduce said instability as well as poverty.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe- just maybe- most people including monstrous, white conservatives such as myself with you no harm and WANT blacks to do well?

No disdain. Rather, harsh and brutally constructive criticism.
What you are missing is that the blacks you speak of don’t care about your terms in doing well. Many blacks are simply against participating in your lifestyle and culture, don’t share your values. Now, you will have to lock away or deport every single one for not participating, and accept the results of whatever comes with that decision, just as it began from the inception of the US.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:42 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
When I say underclass, I'm referring to a specific kind of Black undertow type. You can be poor and Black, and still have some respect for yourself and not hurt other people. I'm talking about the thugs, the hood rats, the idiots who just can't behave. I'm talking about the fools who keep going in and out of prison.
I perfectly understand what you are talking about, I understand the difference.

Quote:
For instance, there was one kid I grew up with. He came from Black middle class families (he was actually a stepchild though). As he got older, he gravitated to the losers, the druggies, the people not going anywhere in life. We drifted apart. Years later, I find out he got divorced. He drank alot. He would work, then lose jobs due to his own stupid habits. I cut him off for good when he engaged in some embarrassing behavior in front of a friend of mine. I had tried to help him, and he couldn't get right. His own family even tried. He later got busted for public drunkenness. I decided "you want to be a stupid hood rat, go ahead. You'll do it without me". I didn't speak to him for a long time. He hasn't gotten any better.

This is the thing. I don't want to be in lower class areas. I don't want to be around it. The middle and upper classes are suppose to be the gate keepers.
For whom?
Where?
Why?

Quote:
They are to say "you either get your act together, or we're not dealing with you. You want to improve yourselves, do better in life, and you're going to leave hood rat life behind, feel free to join us. If not, forget it. Want to commit crimes? The police, prison, and people armed to defend themselves will deal with you".
Then who is going to deal with them?
Make your wild guess.

If you don't care for them, ( while they ARE part of your ethnic group,) then what do you think American WHITES feel about them?

You personally of course wouldn't want to be associated with the "hood rats," you want to be acknowledged as something different. And you probably ARE acknowledged as different by your coworkers/friends/close associates - those who deal with you on professional/personal level.

However, keep in mind that in the eyes of the rest, you are part of the whole ethnic group, and the "hood rats" are a big big part of it, as much as you'd like to think that you have nothing to do with them.

Quote:
What do you expect Black middle class people to do? Babysit hood rats?
No, not "babysit," but to go and work with YOUR POOR COMMUNITIES, because by your own acknowledgement, "you can be poor and Black and still have some respect and not hurt other people."

So these people are out there, in the mix with the "hood rats," but instead of reaching out to them, you pretend that you are not part of theirs as well, once you've got to certain level of education and wealth.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:51 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
OOW birth rates are among the highest in Latin America. OOW birth rates there are comparable to OOW birth rates here in America. Colombia's OOW birth rate is 74%. There is a 52% OOW rate in The Philippines, in stark contrast to the rest of Asia.

One of the ironies of it is this. I remember a thread from 2015, right here on CD. Some person, presumably from Colombia, came in to complain about Black men, as far as mixed kids out of wedlock was concerned.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post40399131
Exactly. Any number of Latín American nations have very high out of wedlock rates. A number of European nations are not to far behind either.

LOL...I find it amusing that Colombian would come in talking about an American black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies