Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 07:05 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's true. While liberals love to bring up that group of ultra-Orthodox Jews who apparently are on welfare*, that amounts for about 3% of all Jews, who, as a group, are more highly educated than average and higher earners than average. The venomous attack on religious Jews, while revealing the liberal animus toward religious people in general, is not comparable at all. (Besides, it's really telling when liberals lambast everyone as racist and then LUUUUUVVVVE to bring up Jews, out of the blue, and say the most bigoted, mocking things.)

Leaving the Jews out of it, the fact is that blacks DO have 70% out of wedlock births, and single-parenthood is closely correlated to poverty, and the consequences of it. Rather than say, "hey, 3% of those useless Torah-studying Jews do it too!," it would solve a lot of the problems in the black community if they were to curtail this unbelievably high rate of illegitimate births.

*Every Orthodox Jews I've known has always worked for a living and supported his family. Just sayin'.
Talking about the blacks in poverty and the reasons why is fine, but talking about Orthodox Jews who choose to live in poverty/raise their children on welfare is an 'attack' on all Jews. What a weird head space you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Nothing to do with the color of ones skin. The poor are hurt by the welfare state and single parenthood. As a group, blacks have more poor.
True and some of us are having a real discussion about the reasons why. Coming from a person who calls blacks mongrels, I don't think you are one of them.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Talking about the blacks in poverty and the reasons why is fine, but talking about Orthodox Jews who choose to live in poverty/raise their children on welfare is an 'attack' on all Jews. What a weird head space you live in.
I read your comments twice over this morning. You were full of venom for religious Jews, criticizing not merely this small group of Jews, constituting about 3% of all Jews, but mocking their learning Yiddish and studying Torah, and how their men are useless. That was shameful and bigoted - and it came out of NOWHERE. We are talking about the problems that result when blacks have a 70% OOW birthrate. Jews do not have that problem, and there was no point in bringing them into the discussion other than to unleash your bigotry against religious Jews on someone you are guessing is a religious Jew.

Now drop it. You never should have spewed your anti-Jew nonsense on this thread. Again, we are discussing the problems that result when an entire group of people, as a collective, have the majority of their children out-of-wedlock.

P.S. If you want to start a thread criticizing religious Jews, like liberal mayor DeBlasio did, start a new thread. We are talking about blacks on this one.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I read your comments twice over this morning. You were full of venom for religious Jews, criticizing not merely this small group of Jews, constituting about 3% of all Jews, but mocking their learning Yiddish and studying Torah, and how their men are useless. That was shameful and bigoted - and it came out of NOWHERE. We are talking about the problems that result when blacks have a 70% OOW birthrate. Jews do not have that problem, and there was no point in bringing them into the discussion other than to unleash your bigotry against religious Jews on someone you are guessing is a religious Jew.

Now drop it. You never should have spewed your anti-Jew nonsense on this thread. Again, we are discussing the problems that result when an entire group of people, as a collective, have the majority of their children out-of-wedlock.

P.S. If you want to start a thread criticizing religious Jews, like liberal mayor DeBlasio did, start a new thread. We are talking about blacks on this one.
I didn't mock learning Yiddish and studying the Torah. I talked about those that defraud the government to get benefits to do that solely rather than work.

Sine you were all up in arms about welfare. I figure that bothers you too. No?

Old 05-23-2020, 07:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:

I think this poster feels free to spew Jew hate because it's fashionable to spew Jew hate in certain ideological circles. However, in the same circles, it's never acceptable to spew black hate. That tells me something.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I didn't mock learning Yiddish and studying the Torah. I talked about those that defraud the government to get benefits to do that solely rather than work.

Sine you were all up in arms about welfare. I figure that bothers you too. No?
Read your post. You did indeed feel it necessary to inject Yiddish and Torah-learning. Why dump on that? Torah-reading is a mitzvah, and I myself am trying to do more of that. Why put down other people's religious practices?

As far as welfare among 3% or so of all Jews, it bothers me for that very minute group, but again, it's not comparable. Jews, as a collective, are better educated and higher earners than the average - and thus contribute a higher amount to taxes that support people on welfare. Blacks, as discussed on this thread, have a much higher percentage dependent on welfare and other assistance programs, and this is to a large extent due to the high OOW birthrate.

Back to the topic, blacks would solve 97% of their poverty rates by waiting until they are married, and after graduating from high school, to have children.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I think this poster feels free to spew Jew hate because it's fashionable to spew Jew hate in certain ideological circles. However, in the same circles, it's never acceptable to spew black hate. That tells me something.
So true. I was almost thinking of starting a thread on that: why do liberals jump down the throats of anyone who brings up behavior patterns (like high OOW birthrates) that lead to poverty among blacks, yet start threads and inject posts spewing hate toward religious Jews? DeBlasio demonstrated that very thing when he chose to target the religious Jewish community for violating social distancing, when other groups (with photos to prove it) were doing the same thing?

Old 05-23-2020, 07:40 AM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
How do we know the people in the original post are really black people? Maybe a portion of those families aren’t voting for Joe Biden. And therefor, according to Joe, cannot be counted as “black people”.

Did they take a poll to see who these parents are voting for, before coming up with that 70% figure?

If they dont pass old, white man, Joe’s litmus test for being black, then “they ain’t really black”.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Read your post. You did indeed feel it necessary to inject Yiddish and Torah-learning. Why dump on that? Torah-reading is a mitzvah, and I myself am trying to do more of that. Why put down other people's religious practices?

As far as welfare among 3% or so of all Jews, it bothers me for that very minute group, but again, it's not comparable. Jews, as a collective, are better educated and higher earners than the average - and thus contribute a higher amount to taxes that support people on welfare. Blacks, as discussed on this thread, have a much higher percentage dependent on welfare and other assistance programs, and this is to a large extent due to the high OOW birthrate.

Back to the topic, blacks would solve 97% of their poverty rates by waiting until they are married, and after graduating from high school, to have children.

Simple common sense.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:

I clearly stated why I mentioned that. Doing only that instead of working causes them to file for welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies