Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 06:45 PM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times

Advertisements

They need to find every way in which to be offended or life just isn't worth living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 06:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,895,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They need to find every way in which to be offended or life just isn't worth living.
It's all part of the PC movement. be upset, be woke, be offended, be angry, Be the victim.....

Old 05-06-2020, 07:00 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,605,164 times
As the saying goes, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."

Old 05-06-2020, 07:03 PM

2,559 posts, read 2,224,503 times
SJW's don't appear to have any issues with Beyoncé's blonde hair.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:03 PM

15,877 posts, read 6,580,182 times
American culture is built upon other cultures, so yeah it seems like much todo about not very much.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:06 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,126,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Hair color doesn’t really mean anything...

Old 05-06-2020, 07:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,360,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think its the idea of imitation without even understanding.

Like if you grew up on hiphop but not black, your gonna have an understanding of hiphop culture/history. You have an appreciation for it. So if your rocking the style, it seems more genuine.

If you see its trendy and you start dressing and talking different, never took time to understand it or learn about it, thats appropriation. You don’t care about the culture.

And if your an artist, and adopt the traits, your gonna be called out.

Take Miley Cirus for example, suddenly adopted hiphop and then went back to cute little pop-star. She just exploited it.

As for Mexican themed party, I don’t get offended by that. But I probably will call out the “tacos”. Had a friend brag about Tacos at his event. It was just ground meat, cold tortillas and shredded yellow cheese with “hot” sauce that you get from the chip aisle at the market... my dude. NOOOO... this is not a taco, this is an abomination... :/
You just reminded me of years ago when I was on Facebook and saw a random post that said "I love my hipster boyfriend"...and it was photo of a guy from high school who was always into country, hiphop, or whatever was popular at the time, but he had gone total hipster with the glasses and beanie and everything. I hate that so much.

Anyway... I definitely get being annoyed, but SJW types take it too far with their accusations. If I was black and a bunch of people started copying things I grew up on just for fun, or for the fashion, or whatever...I'd think they were lame, but I wouldn't think racism had anything to do with it. People are just conditioned to see racism in everything now.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:37 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,448,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
Like, say you have a Mexican-themed party, especially in college, they'll completely lose it and talk about how bad it is and demand an apology. Do these retards not realize what they call cultural appropriation has been used by all cultures since ancient times? Heck, that's exactly why we as a species advanced. Just look at say Rome and Greece, the Romans based a lot of their myths and characters from Greece (Heracles turning into Hercules etc). Or countries such as Japan, Korea based their writing and language and myths and legends off of Chinese ones.

It's always been a very common thing for all cultures to do, so why now is it considered such a big problem? So someone wants to have say a Mexican, or Chinese or Japanese themed party, why do they consider that somehow bad? If anything, shouldn't they be happy people want to celebrate other cultures?
Sjws tend to this like anything white, male and straight. White, male and straight seems to be the big problem in the mindframe of the sjw. Sjw do not like history especially western history or history thought from eurocentric standpoint. History has shown cultures mix and emerges a new culture. Sjws like the right wing wants to end globalization since globalization damaged black and indigenous cultures through colonization, and then whites use the culture of the people they oppress. It's a valid claim, but also make sure black women don't use blond hair weave. Sjw remains silent.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:42 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,448,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
The only segment of the sjw cohort that has a problem with Beyoncé and the blonde hair are the red black and green wearing pro blacks.

Old 05-07-2020, 02:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
There’s no such thing as cultural appropriation. There’s only cool appropriation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies