Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2020, 04:49 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
There will likely be more information to come out of this investigation....remember Trayvon Martin? Remember the others who were presumed to be so innocent and ended up being culpable...?

Let's wait and see what comes to light...
Nope, there are just some Black people in the USA that just love to be the victim and are truly racist against whitey and have been frothing at the mouth to pounce on white people for a while and here is their chance. Of course, I believe this story about as much as I believe the official story of 9/11 or if Sandy Hook even really happened.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The guys who confronted him were idiots....

But this guy was arrested for bringing a gun to high school a few years ago and was most likely burglarizing.

These people flying off the handle acting like Mother Theresa got executed in broad daylight are something else...
That's quite a leap, there. I don't see how the two are connected.

The video is heinous. It's insane that these two weren't arrested and charged earlier.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about all the Blacks killed by other Blacks in cities EVERY DAY? Don't they count? Also, when a white person gets killed by a black person, why no big media outrage? Why the constant attempt by the Media and their minions to make Whites seem Racist all the time?
How about you stop deflecting. This thread is about this shooting, specifically.

You want to talk about black/black crime - start a thread about it.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Full investigation needs to be done. An unfettered trail needs to occur and justice needs to be done based on the facts.

Shouldn't have to say that, should be automatic.
Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:48 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Because it was in the police report that would’ve been compiled from the hillbilly’s statements.

They had no right to stop him. They had no right to chase him. He didn’t have to stop or talk to them.

They created the situation through their improper behavior. They’re responsible for the result.

They’ve finally been arrested, as they should’ve been from the start.
It was in the police report that he was running down the street. Doesn't necessarily make him a jogger. Just as likely it makes him someone fleeing the scene of a crime. In fact, more likely given what we know at this stage.

I agree with most of the rest of what you say. Except I don't think they bear full responsibility for the end result.

If the deceased didn't charge at him, attempted to disarm him and beat him around the head, he is most likely still alive. Murder is overcharging. Hopefully the prosecutors learn from the mistake of the Trayvon Martin prosecutors.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Fight or flee indeed. It looked bad for sure.

Arbery's choice to charge and attack an armed man also seems pretty bad though. His mental health history may have been part of that decision.
How can anyone say how they would react in that scenario if they'd never been involved in that type of confrontation before?

In the heat of the moment, people don't always react reasonably.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:11 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,876 times
In 2013 Ahmaud Arbery was arrested for attempting to enter a high school basketball game with a loaded handgun.

He also has prior convictions for shoplifting as well.
Some news sources state the he may have had mental issues.

My conclusion:
The two neighborhood guys should have stayed in their truck and not confronted Arbery.
They should have waited for police to arrive and handle the sitaution.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:19 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Nope, there are just some Black people in the USA that just love to be the victim and are truly racist against whitey and have been frothing at the mouth to pounce on white people for a while and here is their chance. Of course, I believe this story about as much as I believe the official story of 9/11 or if Sandy Hook even really happened.
That has been the fear of some whites....EVER SINCE SLAVERY? It's the centuries old fear of a black PAYBACK. It's born from GUILT and FEAR. If blacks were never really wronged.....people would not have this fear. It's Americas conscious eating away at it causing it to look over its shoulder and hearing footsteps behind it.....when there is no one there.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:20 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
As usual they will charge them with one of the many different types of murder or homicide charges where a jury won't be able to convict them under the instructions of the judge. The black people in the community will have that look like child whose ice cream just slipped off the cone and fell in the dirt. This is the south, yes?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:21 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
R.I.P. ~ ✝ ♥

Guru ft Bob Marley - Johnny Was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1-4I5dLLD0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.