Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 10:39 AM

227 posts, read 97,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You haven't shown proof that they were going to shoot Arbery. That Arberys life was in danger.
We have 3 people in a car with guns drawn chasing 1 person.

That's all the proof u need.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:39 AM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
White people swear the world is their oyster.

Where they can chase people down, and "question" them. And when things go left(although they initiated from start to finish), they shoot.
Perfect example is Zimmerman (who, will probably freak out the day he finds out hes not white). Follows a child. Gets ass kicked by said child. Shoots child.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
So he was stealing a hammer?

I understand the fear for your life part, but if I pull a gun on you, or apprehend you on the streets and your proceed to attack me, well I think part of that is justified no? So he brought the "fear for his life" part on himself.
Yeah, these people are all about circular reasoning.

They are claiming the murder was done in self defense, and chest-thumping about their rights, but they forget to acknowledge that the only person being attacked, and defending himself is the person who is now dead. Sure, maybe they feared for their lives, but if they had not hunted this guy down and confronted him in the first place, there would be incident at all.

This vigilante mindset in some citizens of the US needs to be swashed. It is not OK to kill someone for a crime they have not even been tried for, and then claim self defense when the victive, staring down the barrel of a gun decides to (unsuccessfully) protect themselves.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:41 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
You haven't shown proof that they were going to shoot Arbery. That Arberys life was in danger. We do have absolute proof that Arbery attacked the person with the gun and that person shot Arbery. It is perfectly legal to defend yourself.

Explain to everyone here how long the shooter should have waited while being attacked? Well I guess I was in the wrong so you get to cause harm to me and even kill me. lol Keep trying.

Or maybe you are saying Arbery can defend himself but the shooter can't??????
At this point, I think you are just being obtuse.

We got it, you dislike black people. Justified because he was black, nothing more.

How you think it is ok for two people to chase someone with guns, then when the person being chased defends himself and gets shot, yet claim the person who shot was doing so ins elf defense, is beyond me.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:44 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
You haven't shown proof that they were going to shoot Arbery. That Arberys life was in danger. We do have absolute proof that Arbery attacked the person with the gun and that person shot Arbery. It is perfectly legal to defend yourself.

Explain to everyone here how long the shooter should have waited while being attacked? Well I guess I was in the wrong so you get to cause harm to me and even kill me. lol Keep trying.

Or maybe you are saying Arbery can defend himself but the shooter can't??????
We don't need proof of that. The standard for Stand your ground is reasonably believing your life is in danger.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Show proof Arberys life was threatened. If you have proof the person who was attacked by Arbery threatened to shot Arbery no matter what, THEN you'd have a point.

or wait for law enforcement especially when someone has the drop on you. That you think your 2 outcomes are the only outcomes is narrow minded.

He should have waited.

If those 2 people were law enforcement is your response fight or flight? lol Don't be silly.
Those two people were not law enforcement though, and Arbery had no idea of their intentions other than the fact that they chased him in trucks and confronted him with weapons drawn.

If people chased me and confronted me with guns I would assume that they were threatening me. If I had a gun on me I would be justified in defending myself. This mans only fault was not being armed and fighting back with his hands.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:52 AM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Yeah, these people are all about circular reasoning.

They are claiming the murder was done in self defense, and chest-thumping about their rights, but they forget to acknowledge that the only person being attacked, and defending himself is the person who is now dead. Sure, maybe they feared for their lives, but if they had not hunted this guy down and confronted him in the first place, there would be incident at all.

This vigilante mindset in some citizens of the US needs to be swashed. It is not OK to kill someone for a crime they have not even been tried for, and then claim self defense when the victive, staring down the barrel of a gun decides to (unsuccessfully) protect themselves.
Yeah listen, I believe in the right to bare arms to protect you, your property and your loved ones. But, if we're on the street and I point my gun at you, you have the right to engage me. That doesn't make you the aggressor. I'm the aggressor for stopping you and detaining you with a weapon. What was the victim's other choice? Running? How do I know you're not gonna shoot me if I run?

Old 05-11-2020, 10:53 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You know darned well there is another option, the one with the best hope of making it through that situation.
So then it's the victim's fault because he didn't do exactly the right thing to avoid being shot by some rednecks who chased him down with guns.

Uh ok.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Whats the other option?
Lay down and hope that the armed men that chased you in trucks were honorable upstanding citizens that meant no harm.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:54 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Those two people were not law enforcement though, and Arbery had no idea of their intentions other than the fact that they chased him in trucks and confronted him with weapons drawn.

If people chased me and confronted me with guns I would assume that they were threatening me. If I had a gun on me I would be justified in defending myself. This mans only fault was not being armed and fighting back with his hands.
Could you imagine if the guy actually pulled a gun and shot the rednecks dead? OMG, heads would roll. How dare he defend himself! We all know the second amendment only applies to certain people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies