Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 11:21 AM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
What you've seen is a specific portion of video that was purposely leaked because the person leaking it thought it would help in the defense of the aggressors.

As for any evidence of guns coming out earlier, that's probably in the portion of video that wasn't purposely leaked because it won't help with defending the aggressors.
You may be 100% correct, but we don't know that, and without evidence it is nothing more than speculation. Hopefully more of the video will become available.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:21 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
If you come that intersection from Satilla and turn left, you'll be on Holmes, not Buford. If you go straight and don't turn right, you'll be on Buford, not Satilla.

Don't get hung up on the street names, look at the actual roadways.

And lets not lose sight of why this is even being discussed. There is a persistent false narrative that Arbery was "chased all over the neighborhood," when in reality, it is a very short distance over a single roadway. Regardless of how anyone wants to focus in on the fact that three street names were mentioned, this is absolutely not being "chased all over the neighborhood."
I did look at the map. Yes if you ignore the directions and turn left on Holmes you will be on Holmes. That is not what the directions say. They say turn left on Buford.

I dont know anyone who looks at streets like you are or gives directions the way you are. So lets just agree to disagree.

As to how far he was chased, I didnt bother to measure the mileage of the back and forth that has been described. It doesnt really matter imo.

Think about how dangerous that was to him(and possibly to others who might have driven by) even without guns in the picture. Who the heck does that?

Old 05-13-2020, 11:22 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Regardless of which side of this issue one falls on, to claim that Arbery either was or was not out jogging requires one to assume facts not in evidence. Do we really want to do that?
It doesn't matter if he was jogging, walking, or running. Jesus.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why doesnt the police report stating he was wearing Nike's at the time of his death clear it up for you?
I have no reason to doubt the police report, other than what I think I can see in the video.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Regardless of which side of this issue one falls on, to claim that Arbery either was or was not out jogging requires one to assume facts not in evidence. Do we really want to do that?
He's in a T-shirt, shorts, and athletic shoes. He has no vehicle in the neighborhood. Those are facts in evidence. Whether he was out for a walk or for a jog, he didn't have a vehicle, or anything with which he could have carried stolen goods. So, yeah, I really want to do that.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh ok, having nothing to do with chasing Arbery, they were just standing in the road with guns for what purpose? One standing in the bed of the truck, and one outside the open truck door.

Then Arbery comes by and randomly attacks them. LOL.
You seem to be addressing arguments that I'm not making. You might want to work on that.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I have no reason to doubt the police report, other than what I think I can see in the video.
What you see in the very poor quality video is nikes that are unlaced, the sides of which have now come up a bit to appear to possibly be boots. Which matches the shoes he was wearing in the video in the house. The police report says Nikes. But, doubt all you want. I am sure that he quick changed into boots he had hiding up his butt and maybe the police are in on it and recorded the original Nikes. Maybe they changed out the shoes. It's a big conspiracy against the wonderful upstanding gun rights activists who were perhaps doing a two man demonstration in the road, and Arbery attacked them because they are white and there is the real hate crime.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:27 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
You may be 100% correct, but we don't know that, and without evidence it is nothing more than speculation. Hopefully more of the video will become available.
The victim was able to successfully avoid the aggressors up until the end, which is what we see in the vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The McMicahels say there was more chasing. They say Roddy had cut him off at one point. In the video, Roddy is behind them. The McMichaels had then gotten up ahead of Arbery trying again to cut him off. Arbery had tried to evade them, and that didn't seem possible anymore.
And from all descriptions, it was a back and forth on that short piece of roadway.

I would expect that if different evidence comes out, it will be made available.

Last edited by TaxPhd; 05-13-2020 at 11:40 AM..

Quote:
You seem to be addressing arguments that I'm not making. You might want to work on that.
You asked if it was lawful to merely be standing in the road with guns. We know from their own testimony they were chasing Arbery, so why the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies