Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 11:45 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So you think burglary or construction tools were scattered along the road and the police missed them?

That's hilarious.
You mean the crackerjack police force I'm being told is so incompetent?

I don't know if those were tools from the site. I know that a couple objects were lying in the road in the original video. As someone who has lived in suburban neighborhoods, people don't generally let stuff lie in the middle of their streets for any length of time, and this is clearly a neighborhood where people watch each other's stuff and surroundings.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:47 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
OK......what defense do you think is available to them other than citizens arrest

Self defense?
Nailed it, the obvious answer of self defense is the accurate answer. When you shoot an attacker, it's self defense. That's what happened.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:48 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The attorney for Arberys family said that the video released of the shooting is only a small bit of the 4 minute long video.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...BISIFQK6FA44M/
Yes, there is in fact new video footage that is around 4 minutes long that was filmed before the section of video that was leaked showing the actual murder. The video that was leaked was only of the final confrontation and murder. This piece of video was leaked only because the individual leaking it thought it would help justify the shooting. And it has also been recently reported that the individual who leaked that initial video was the father (second armed aggressor). This new 4+ minutes video shows various stages of the chase up to the time of the final confrontation and murder.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I suggest you take a look at this video: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...1-georgia.html

He is clearly not carrying any stolen items. If I stole something, and I knew three vehicle were after me, I sure wouldn't be running on the road. I would be cutting across back yards and as far away from those vehicles as possible.
Someone just posted that there are apparently several minutes missing from the original video.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:52 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Except Arbery didn't shoot anyone, and he's the only one in this situation that can claim self defense.
He didn't get a chance to thankfully. He attacked an armed man trying to take his weapon, fortunately the armed man put him down in order to stop the assault in its tracks.

The fact that the assailant was shot doesn't change the fact that it was self defense. It was a REALLY stupid attack, but still an attack.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:54 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You mean the crackerjack police force I'm being told is so incompetent?

I don't know if those were tools from the site. I know that a couple objects were lying in the road in the original video. As someone who has lived in suburban neighborhoods, people don't generally let stuff lie in the middle of their streets for any length of time, and this is clearly a neighborhood where people watch each other's stuff and surroundings.
I agree with your second paragraph. So, I'm guessing if any watchful neighbors found tools lying in the road as they would have by now that they would connect the dots with the shooting and turn them into police.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Show me in any official document,s like the police report, or a report from the home owner saying something was stolen, that there were objects stolen by Arbery.

Unless you produce that, then you are just stating made up BS.
I'm guessing the thought process is there have been burglaries in the area (which area doesn't), and the open house is easy prey.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Yes, men without weapons can do great damage to others, even those armed with guns.

There will be a lot of pressure on this jury to convict. I'm just preparing you for the distinct possibility that these men will be found not guilty of the charges we expect of them.
I dont care if they get convicted or not. Even if they get convicted, it will only worsen the fundamental hatred they had for blacks and reinforce their perceived supremacy. i hope blacks see these type of incidents and learn, rather than others to be more forgiving on them.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:57 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Nailed it, the obvious answer of self defense is the accurate answer. When you shoot an attacker, it's self defense. That's what happened.
So they will have to prevail on the issue of whether or not they were the instigators. Because if the jury sees them as the instigators they lose the legal right to self defense.

Doubtful they will be able to do that imo and not sure how they make that case without dragging the citizens arrest stuff into it.

We'll see.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:58 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
I agree with your second paragraph. So, I'm guessing if any watchful neighbors found tools lying in the road as they would have by now that they would connect the dots with the shooting and turn them into police.
Interesting. When I was in high school, I used to ride my 15 speed race bike up and down the peninsula (San Francisco Bay Area) on average 20 miles a day from home to school and back and then home to work and back. I'd pick up tools along the way nearly every other day that I found laying in the street. So much that by the time I got my very first vehicle when I was a Junior, I had enough tools saved up to fill an entire three drawer tool box. And I used those tools to work on said vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies