Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Except for the fact that he did not break into the house, it was a construction site he walked into and the owner said that nothing has been stolen from that site. He was inside for 3 minutes according to the home owner.
There was a request to post the calls, I posted the calls, and gave a very brief synopsis of what the calls contained.

You can argue all you want, with the Guardian, or those who made the 911 calls. I'm just posting link and accurate summaries.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:51 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
They were attempting an illegal citizens arrest and killed a man. Same as if someone is robbing a person and kills them. Someone got killed during an illegal act. It makes no difference the intent, a fatality during the commission of a felony is a fatality during the commission of a felony.
There's the corruption of justice right there - The notion that a well intentioned act, is no different to an intentional robbery

Old 05-11-2020, 07:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
If dad knew the victim he could have simply told the police his name and let them do their job, he decide that he was judge, jury, and executioner instead.
Disagree he's been involved and knows what he's doing. Joe Citizen, then you'd have a point. I believe the law says if they did witness him coming out of that house they can go after him.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:53 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Except for the fact that he did not break into the house, it was a construction site he walked into and the owner said that nothing has been stolen from that site. He was inside for 3 minutes according to the home owner.
I normally don't hang out at construction sites when I go out jogging. Then again I don't have much of a rap sheet.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:59 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I sense fake news weasel words in your statement.

The claim was that some things were stolen from the neighborhood not specifically from that house. Apparently gun was stolen from inside a car. Jury's still out on whether that actually happened. Can you confirm that it didn't?

The problem with cases like this is that "credible news sources" often make statements of fact that are proven to be completely false inside of a few days. The big news media outlets have gotten lazy on fact checking and are one helluva lot more interested in being the first to break an update. You end up with a lot of fake news when that happens. I'm of the "wait and see" opinion to see what turns out to be real facts and what turns out to be made up BS. I got no reason to trust that everyone has their story straight yet and plenty of reason to believe that many people on both sides are getting creative with truth just to win points for their political team.
-the GBI said there was no "rash of break in" that's something McMichael made up
-The English family, the ones that own the property he trespassed on said nothing was stolen, and they haven't reported anything stolen for months since this happened months ago.
-the worst the victim did was trespass

How are the GBI and the family that own the property not credible? You just don't want to accept facts so you want to just make up stuff to fit a narrative. My goodness yall always do this. You just want to muddy things up.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:59 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In this case, the race card is very much in play. I don't buy into the race card for many incidents, but in this case, it is absolutely there.

I do not believe for a second that these hayseeds would have chased a white guy down the streets with their guns.

Not for a single second.

I am not forming my opinion based on what the MSM said, I'm forming my opinion because I remember a certain black man who was dragged behind a pick up truck in the south. That's what I think of when I think of this story of 3 redneck morons chasing a black man down in a pick up truck in the south.

James Byrd Jr.

I will never forget that story. I will never forget what they did to that man.

It's not the same situation, but when you mention rednecks, the south, pick up trucks - that's where my mind goes. And it will always go there, because of the horrific death that Byrd Jr endured at the hands of a bunch of racist tw*ts.

So, yes, it's the south. He was a black man. Three hayseed losers chased him in their truck, got out with guns, and started yelling orders at him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have an idea what the victim was thinking when he saw that. His life was in danger. And now he's dead.
Please provide any evidence, even a small amount, that shows how race played a part.

As to your speculation, you assume fools must have a reason such as race (outside of their own stupidity) to shoot someone.
While I do not have the video readily accessible, there was a recent incident within the last few years were two white armed fools were threatening another white foo,l over something as stupid as dumping trash in their dumpster.
Within 3 minutes it devolved into the unarmed guy getting killed.
According to you, if the unarmed guy who was shot was black, based on that alone, it would have been racial.
But in reality this incident had nothing to do with race, but rather testosterone ans stupidity mixed together, over of all things, dumping trash into a dumpster.

`

Old 05-11-2020, 08:01 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I normally don't hang out at construction sites when I go out jogging. Then again I don't have much of a rap sheet.
what does that have to do with the facts of this case? we have video of everything he did in that house there's no need imply stuff. There's no need to speculate on what you think happened in the construction site. THERE'S VIDEO. Yall can't be this insane.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
I've watched 2 videos of this incident. He was not jogging. He was looking through that house or casing it. Period.

The men who confronted handled it wrong.

I say let the law be applied as a jury sees fit.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The 911 call? "There's a black male running down the street", literally. And the dispatcher asking the right sort of questions - is he doing anything wrong? - which is promptly ignored by the fools who've already decided he's guilty of something, and they're not going to be cheated out of strutting their stuff.
What is really wrong with those who think a 911 caller should state "there is a non descript individual running down the street"?

Rest assured the dispatcher would eventually ask, is it a man or woman?
What race is the person?
Are they young or old?
What clothing are they wearing?
Do they have any distinguishing features like a tattoo?
Etc.
Etc.

The point is that if they were chasing a white guy, and described as much, it would not even raise your eyebrow.
But since your PC alarm system is designed to be triggered over anything outside of some non-descript innocuous call, you will assume based on such triggers, to assume _____ism.

`

Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I've watched 2 videos of this incident. He was not jogging. He was looking through that house or casing it. Period.

The men who confronted handled it wrong.

I say let the law be applied as a jury sees fit.
I think that's as good a post as any in this exceptionally long thread. Good job, Scrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies