Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 09:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Of course they provoked a violent situation. They chased him down with guns. Even cut him off with their car. The first act of violence in this situation was from them.

You just cannot go ahead and chase down anyone with guns, and use your car as a weapon, because you like being a cop. And if it goes south as it did here, it should be your butt in jail.
Exactly. That they chased him up and down the neighborhood and cut him off means that they were intent on a confrontation. Then jumping out of the vehicle and running toward him while he was trying to run away...they were intent on violence.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
3 minutes is hardly hanging out. And many people go in to check out construction sites, they generally don't end up being hunted and killed though.
This. There is nothing abnormal about what he did. It just looks like he stopped and caught his breath for awhile. Looked around at the construction and then kept going. No big deal.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:08 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This. There is nothing abnormal about what he did. It just looks like he stopped and caught his breath for awhile. Looked around at the construction and then kept going. No big deal.
I'll just add that the house wasn't under construction in that way. Rather, from the looks of things, it appeared to been under renovation. And Ahmaud appears to have gone into the house. We clearly come from different places as it is not normal anywhere where I've lived for someone to go into a home being renovated without invitation for any period of time.

Of course, such a point is moot legally speaking here as the McMichaels knew nothing about Ahmaud going into the house. I just disagree that what he did was normal. It certainly doesn't appear to have been legal.

Edit: I saw footage of the video of a man who presumably Ahmaud inside of the house in question. It does appear to have been under construction vs. just being renovated; if it was being renovated, it was a gut renovation. Still, again, its clear we come from different places. What he did is not normal anywhere that I have lived.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 05-11-2020 at 09:16 PM..

Old 05-11-2020, 09:09 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black people, ALWAYS carry a firearm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lys7P58Yaio
I agree that more law abiding citizens should carry firearms. Unfortunately, many people in this country still live in areas where it is functionally illegal to carry a firearm on your person.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black people, ALWAYS carry a firearm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lys7P58Yaio
Wisdom.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
While my house was being built, I walked in other homes at various stages of construction. A lot of people do. I don't know why Arbery walked in that house, but people trying to make such actions sound abnormal are either lying or have no experience.

The fact of the matter is Old Man McMichaels claims he recognized Arbery. Well good, that means he could have just called it in.

What is absolutely abnormal is chasing someone in a truck while carrying loaded shotguns. Now that is absolutely strange behavior.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'll just add that the house wasn't under construction in that way. Rather, from the looks of things, it appeared to been under renovation. And Ahmaud appears to have gone into the house. We clearly come from different places as it is not normal anywhere where I've lived for someone to go into a home being renovated without invitation for any period of time.

Of course, such a point is moot legally speaking here as the McMichaels knew nothing about Ahmaud going into the house. I just disagree that what he did was normal. It certainly doesn't appear to have been legal.
The house was gutted. Further, if you listen to the call to the police about him in the house, the caller said he was not breaking in but that the house was OPEN and under construction.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

However you must be insane or something else if you are going to charge toward someone with a shotgun.

`
Several mass shootings have ended by an unarmed person charging an armed person. Fight or flight kicks in.

Example being the waffle house mass shooting.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:16 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I grew up learning not to put myself in hazardous situations. At best Mr. Arbery wasn't taught that lesson.
again what does this have to with the facts of this case?

Old 05-11-2020, 09:16 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Several mass shootings have ended by an unarmed person charging an armed person. Fight or flight kicks in.

Example being the waffle house mass shooting.
Completely different circumstances.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies