Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 11:40 AM

28,695 posts, read 18,851,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The muzzle was within reach AFTER he charged in after him.

That's exactly how you do it.

Quote:
It's not defense when you attack someone who is not attacking you.
When several armed civilians in pick-up trucks have chased you down, you are being attacked.

Quote:
By your logic, someone who robs a store and is chased by an armed security guard would be "defending themselves" to attack the guard. You see how that's ridiculous right?
No, this was not in a store and these were not security guards. Totally difference scenario. Your analogy utterly fails.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:43 AM

8,959 posts, read 2,568,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
We don't know what he knew in that moment. If all he thought was that he would be held for questioning, then why would he fight as though for his very life?

You unmake your own point.
Apparently because he's a violent moron. He already went down once for a theft related charge and he probably assumed he was going to go down again. It's the only reason why he'd choose to end his life by attacking. Literally any other choice would have led to him being alive today. He did the ONLY thing that would have led to him being dead.

I truly hope people learn the real lesson this time around if they failed to learn it after the Trayvon Martin case. All you do by attacking armed people is get yourself killed.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:45 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,414,939 times
I would just like to point out that this thread contains more information on the Arbery killing in the 7 days has been in existence, than the District Atty uncovered from March 23 until this story made national headlines May 3.

For those that think this is a righteous killing, you need to get this. the DA swept it under the rug and expected everyone to agree..... there wasn't anything done.

I still don't know for certain that Arbery's killing was murdeer (although i lean that direction), but i do know with 100% certainty that the DA committed a criminal act by not pursuing justice without fear or favor.

we need the truth and the truth needs to rule the day. But we also need this DA to face justice for his clear obstruction of justice

Old 05-15-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's exactly how you do it.

No, what you do is you don't charge in. The reality of the situation is when you choose to attack armed people it's all but suicide so you really need to be in a situation where you are going to die before you even attempt it. If you are far enough away to where you'd have to charge in at them, the best defense is to continue to run away. The only scenario where attacking makes sense is when you are too close to make a run for it and you KNOW they are going to kill you....as in, they are already shooting at you.

Doing what this moron did will lead to you getting justifiably killed 99.999999999% of the time no matter who you are.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
In a world where he was chased around first. This is pretty clear cut here.
Being chased for suspicion of burglary is not assault. By your logic, if a security guard chases you for shoplifting, he's assaulting you and you have reason to attack them. Hopefully you understand why that's dumb.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,928,043 times
Quote:
What I know of Arbery is that he's a thief who was in a house that is not his and he attacked a group of armed people. Those actions and that history makes me believe that he likely had bad motivation.

Your assumption about the armed group is that they were looking to murder someone for being black....and you base that on.....I dunno perhaps past trauma? Because there's certainly nothing in this case that should make you believe that, yet here we are.
Where have I ever stated an assumption about an armed group "looking to murder someone for being black"??????

Answer: NEVER

You need to start checking your assumptions about people you don't know.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
What do you about the McMichaels?
I know that one of them used to be a cop who was involved with busting the thief for bringing a gun to a school, I know that one of them got burglarized recently in that neighborhood, and I know that they were chasing after the guy who was in a house under construction. I also know they were attacked by that guy, and they shot him.

I really don't know anything else about them.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Where have I ever stated an assumption about an armed group "looking to murder someone for being black"??????

Answer: NEVER

You need to start checking your assumptions about people you don't know.
Your assumption is that they meant to harm the thief, is it not?

Old 05-15-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Again, why would you show up all during the day? You would go at night with or without tools. Less likely to be spotted at night.
Well I pointed it out to you twice now, I even bolded it for you, but I guess I'll try one more time hoping that your reading comprehension will improve.

You head there during the day to check if there's anything worth stealing if no one is there. That gives you a cover story of just going for a jog, a lie that we have people parroting to this very day. You can't very well get away with saying you were just going for a jog if you do it in the middle of the night like he did the first time.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,928,043 times
Quote:
Apparently because he's a violent moron. He already went down once for a theft related charge and he probably assumed he was going to go down again. It's the only reason why he'd choose to end his life by attacking. Literally any other choice would have led to him being alive today. He did the ONLY thing that would have led to him being dead.

I truly hope people learn the real lesson this time around if they failed to learn it after the Trayvon Martin case. All you do by attacking armed people is get yourself killed.
What theft?

"He probably assumed he was going to go down again." For what?

He hadn't stolen anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies