Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 11:55 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What theft?

"He probably assumed he was going to go down again." For what?

He hadn't stolen anything.
He violated his probation he was on for bringing a gun to a school 2 years ago by picking up a theft charge.

Why did you think I was calling him a thief this whole time? He was a convicted thief.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
How did he know the cops had been called?
The same reason he ran from the house after being caught by the neighbor.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:56 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, what you do is you don't charge in. The reality of the situation is when you choose to attack armed people it's all but suicide so you really need to be in a situation where you are going to die before you even attempt it. If you are far enough away to where you'd have to charge in at them, the best defense is to continue to run away. The only scenario where attacking makes sense is when you are too close to make a run for it and you KNOW they are going to kill you....as in, they are already shooting at you.

Doing what this moron did will lead to you getting justifiably killed 99.999999999% of the time no matter who you are.
There is no other way of defending one's self empty handed against aggressors with a gun without at some point "charging in".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCp-PGUBdCo

Old 05-15-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
There is no other way of defending one's self empty handed against aggressors with a gun without at some point "charging in".
Yes, there is, as I spelled out for you. You run away. That's by far the best defense against a group of armed individuals. Charging in is suicide.....LOL even if you know Krav Maga.

Even if you are one of the best trained operators, you die in that sitaution 99% of the time if you charge in like an idiot.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:00 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
I know that one of them used to be a cop who was involved with busting the thief for bringing a gun to a school, I know that one of them got burglarized recently in that neighborhood, and I know that they were chasing after the guy who was in a house under construction. I also know they were attacked by that guy, and they shot him.

I really don't know anything else about them.
Key words "used to be". And exactly why is he "used to be"? Because he was a law enforcement hack wannabe. Now he's going before the court system for murder. And I hope they throw the book at him and his offspring. And yes, the DA swept the incident under the rug. If it was such a slam dunk innocent case, why did they do that? Why do they now attempt to remove key incriminating evidence from an official police report while at the same time argue that such document is inadmissible, if all was justified? Because 20/20 hind sight, it wasn't and now it's time to face the justice system. And all types of justice shall be served, including but not limited to courthouse justice, legal justice, poetic justice and prison justice. All in just a matter of time.

Last edited by FC76-81; 05-15-2020 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-15-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Key words "used to be". And exactly why is he "used to be"? Because he was a hack wannabe. Now he's going before the court system for murder. And I hope they throw the book at him and his offspring.
LOL, okay. Clearly you have some irrational hatred for them that I simply don't have. I wonder what's behind that......

Old 05-15-2020, 12:10 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Well I pointed it out to you twice now, I even bolded it for you, but I guess I'll try one more time hoping that your reading comprehension will improve.

You head there during the day to check if there's anything worth stealing if no one is there. That gives you a cover story of just going for a jog, a lie that we have people parroting to this very day. You can't very well get away with saying you were just going for a jog if you do it in the middle of the night like he did the first time.
The man who was at the house two weeks before Arbery was killed was not there in the middle of the night.

Travis called 911 at 7:27 PM

Old 05-15-2020, 12:12 PM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Would you be in fear for your life if 3 men who you didn't know, in two trucks chased you over three different streets, and corralled you between their trucks, one standing in the road with a shot gun, and one standing in a truck bed with a hand gun?
Why don’t you take another crack at this without the unsubstantiated conclusions and outright falsehoods.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:12 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I like how daddy and son both have separate legal teams.

They're both probably thinking of throwing each under the bus, lmfao

Security cam video raises new questions in Arbery shooting

Quote:
On Friday, an attorney for the owner of the house under construction released a short video taken by a security camera on Dec. 17. It shows a black man in a T-shirt and shorts leaving the site with his back to the camera. He walks a few steps toward the road, then starts running at a jogger's pace.

“It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water,” J. Elizabeth Graddy, the attorney for homeowner Larry English, said in a statement. “There is a water source at the dock behind the house as well as a source near the front of the structure.”

It is not known if the person in the Dec. 17 video is Arbery.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The man who was at the house two weeks before Arbery was killed was not there in the middle of the night.

Travis called 911 at 7:27 PM
Doesn't really matter, it was dark enough to trigger the night vision on the camera, point is it was night. You get less benefit of the doubt at night than you do during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies