Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 10:35 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I believe that was Travis McMichael - he wasn't in law enforcement that we know of, was he?
I believe you're mistaken. The elder McMichael left the vehicle unlocked with the gun inside. It was Travis's vehicle but the father is the one that left it unlocked.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I believe you're mistaken. The elder McMichael left the vehicle unlocked with the gun inside.
Fair enough.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:40 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
You think he was going to use his bare hands to steal copper pipes?
You know I've already spelled this out for you right? If they were there, he'd head back at night ready to get them. If you go there not knowing if there is anything worth stealing and you bring any tools, you can't claim to be there for any other reason. There are still people claiming that he was just out for a jog, so obviously that lie would have worked for him....would it work if he had burglars tools? No.

You only bring that stuff once you know there's stuff to steal. He had been there multiple times looking to see if the stuff worth stealing was there yet. Had he not gotten caught and then attacked a group of armed people, he'd have likely headed back to the house again hoping to find stuff worth stealing. That really is pretty much the only reason why a thief would head into a house under construction.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
There's footage of him going in there more than once, so you can just pretend you didn't say that part to avoid embarrassment.

As to your claim that looking for things to steal is not the most likely reason why a thief would go into a house under construction 10 miles from his house.....let's just say that's a "special" kind of hot take.

It's crazy how some people are bending themselves in knots trying to justify the actions of a thief. If he hadn't decided to attack the McMichaels, we'd be able to know his side of the story, instead we just have a Darwin award to hand out.
There is a video where you can't make out whether it is Arbery or not, and there is a video the day of his death where you can see it is Arbery. That's it. You should feel embarrassed. Because looking for things to steal, when you have no means to take things other than carry it in your hands for several miles is simply silly. The person bending themselves into knots are the people who claim he intended to burglarize the house under construction. When he was on foot, wearing just a t-shirt, miles from his home.

Nothing was stolen.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Thats a huge assumption. If construction workers are in and out multiple times a day, its very possible that they leave an expensive tool, copper wiring or pipes behind one day.
Which he's going to carry out, 1pm in the afternoon, and carry for the miles before he will make it home?

He didn't even have a backpack.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:42 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is a video where you can't make out whether it is Arbery or not, and there is a video the day of his death where you can see it is Arbery. That's it. You should feel embarrassed. Because looking for things to steal, when you have no means to take things other than carry it in your hands for several miles is simply silly. The person bending themselves into knots are the people who claim he intended to burglarize the house under construction. When he was on foot, wearing just a t-shirt, miles from his home.

Nothing was stolen.
I've spelled this out for you guys multiple times now. Sorry hero, but trying to pretend that a thief was in that house for any reason other than looking for things to steal is more suspension of disbelief than I am willing to go for.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:43 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think his entry into the home Feb. 23 after being chased off by an agent of the owner, Perez, on Feb. 11 would satisfy b(3). Remaining or reentering a property after being previously told to leave by the owner or someone with authority to order him to leave, which would be Perez who was asked to go secure the home by the owner.

https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-1...t-16-7-21.html

NOTE: the Georgia trespass law seems woefully inadequate, and allows for things that NONE of us would think were ok. Looking at that statute, it's perfectly permissible to walk into someone's home and sit down and watch TV until the family inside asks you to leave, or you could go to McDonalds and get a meal and walk into someone's home and eat it at their kitchen table as long as no one's home to tell you to leave. That can't be the intent of the law.
The bolded is just your imagination. It did not happen.

Here is Perez's account of what did happen two weeks before Arbery was shot.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/ahmaud...leged-killers/

Old 05-15-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Sure, I suppose you can convince yourself that it's just someone else with the exact same description....if you REALLY want to. It still wouldn't change the fact that he was a thief heading into a house that wasn't his and by far the most likely reason for that is to look for things to steal.

I've already explained how you do it. You check to see if they have brought in the copper pipes or other valuable materials, then if they have, you head back at night to take them. You bring nothing with you till you know there are things to take so you can pretend you were just out on a jog.

C'mon, I know you are doing the best you can to paint his actions in the best possible light, but there's just no way you'd buy that story if it was a known thief inside your home.
Exact same description....that's stretching it. You can't get a description off the first video beyond a rough idea of his height and weight.

And again, YOU DO NOT KNOW what his intentions are. You can surmise all you want, but at the end of the day YOU DO NOT KNOW. And YOU WILL NEVER KNOW, because Arbery is the only one who could say, and he is dead. The McMichaels WILL NEVER KNOW, because Arbery is dead at their hands.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
That just means he hadn't found anything yet, he kept coming back because he was hoping that eventually there would be something to steal.
Your opinion. Not based on any actual knowledge.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:49 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Which he's going to carry out, 1pm in the afternoon, and carry for the miles before he will make it home?

He didn't even have a backpack.

If you think about this "thief" argument it is racist dogma in itself. None of this, in any way, justifies the actions of the McMichaels.

You can't go chase someone down in your neighborhood and shoot them because of your suspicions/bias. Even in Death Wish Charles Bronson was guilty of murder. Self defense requires you be in mortal fear - people in mortal fear don't get in their pickup with their guns and chase someone down. Like the FL gas station killing - they went looking for an altercation and now a guy is dead - that is entirely their own fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies