Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 09:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil1_Munny View Post
Arbery isn't being charged with felony murder, so he can't claim self defense. And the Mcmichaels are not charged with a use of force crime.

The McMichaels only have to give the south Georgia jury reasonable doubt that the convicted gun felon/thief wasn't immediately in reasonable fear of receiving violent injury.

That's it.

and watching the video of him "jogging" up to and around the truck, an unbiased observer wouldn't have any reason to think that. They'd certain have a reasonable doubt. And it only takes one juror. In south Georgia.

McMichaels walk, and BLM types burn the neighborhood.
Arbery is not charged with anything, he's dead. Arbery had the right to self defense. Since he was threatened he had the right under the law to defend himself. The McMichaels can not claim self defense since they were the initial aggressors. You can not start a confrontation, then kill someone and claim self defense.

You keep missing the fact that that last 36 seconds is not the totality of the event. A reasonable person would be in fear of receiving a violent injury from being chased by trucks for 4 minutes then being confronted by men with guns. If you try to claim otherwise you are lying.

And there is a great possibility that they trial will be moved.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:16 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
So it wasn't clear enough.

Can we agree on a few things?

Use of force isn't the same thing as threat of force?
Prior means before, not after
if raising a gun inspires fear, then lowering the same gun dispels fear?
In order to provoke, you must do something before the action which was provoked.
Lowering the gun while positioning yourself to keep your quarry in range would not dispel fear.

Some people have said they heard the gun being cocked. I myself cannot hear it, but my hearing isn't all it should be. That could be the something, though, that caused Arbery to react the way he did. Since our view of that moment is obscured, we cannot say what provoked Arbery to charge McMichaels. The GBI may have tools at their disposal to not only enlarge the video, but also enhance the audio, especially the audio of the elder McMichaels cell phone. But we are not privy to that information.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:21 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Arrest Warrant for Roddy

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/GB...570689731.html

"utilizing his vehicle on multiple occasions during the above timeframe (1-1:20 PM), with the intention of confining and detaining Arberry."

Old 05-22-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Arrest Warrant for Roddy

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/GB...570689731.html

"utilizing his vehicle on multiple occasions during the above timeframe (1-1:20 PM), with the intention of confining and detaining Arberry."
Thank you. Can't rep you again right now.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:27 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Thank you. Can't rep you again right now.
No problem. Back to our discussion on whether Roddy was useful as a witness.

Did you hear the GBI director say "if we believed he was a witness we wouldnt have arrested him"?

Old 05-22-2020, 09:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
I can imagine the prosecutor saying the gun felon was in fear of the McMichaels guns.

And the defense lawyer showing the jury the sweet innocent jogger's gun conviction for taking a loaded handgun to a basketball game.

Then in making the final argument before the south Georgia jury, "it's obvious dear sweet innocent jogger wasn't afraid of guns, or unfamiliar with their handling. He was intimate with guns and would have known that a gun pointed at the ground isn't a threat of violence. Just the sight of a gun, being held pointing down wouldn't reasonably strike fear into his heart.

Reasonable doubt.

McMichaels and Roddie walk. Black Live's Matter types pull a Ferguson, MO and burn down the neighborhood.
The defense lawyer would show the jury Arbery's gun conviction because....??? It has NO bearing on this case. It would not be allowed because it has NO bearing on this case.

The sight of a gun in the hands of someone who has been pursuing me would reasonably strike fear into my heart.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I can imagine the prosecutor saying the gun felon was in fear of the McMichaels guns.

And the defense lawyer showing the jury the sweet innocent jogger's gun conviction for taking a loaded handgun to a basketball game.

Then in making the final argument before the south Georgia jury, "it's obvious dear sweet innocent jogger wasn't afraid of guns, or unfamiliar with their handling. He was intimate with guns and would have known that a gun pointed at the ground isn't a threat of violence. Just the sight of a gun, being held pointing down wouldn't reasonably strike fear into his heart.

Reasonable doubt.

McMichaels and Roddie walk. Black Live's Matter types pull a Ferguson, MO and burn down the neighborhood.
I'm a gun owner, I am not afraid of guns that I am in control of. That changes when someone else is pointing a gun at me.

Are you afraid of kitchen knives? No?

Would you be afraid of a stranger that confronts you with a kitchen knife in hand after they chased you?
A rational person would say yes.

If that person killed you with that knife and you tried to defend yourself could they then claim that you weren't in fear for your life since you had kitchen knives and had even used them before? No.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No problem. Back to our discussion on whether Roddy was useful as a witness.

Did you hear the GBI director say "if we believed he was a witness we wouldnt have arrested him"?
Yep. I still think that they will offer a lesser charge in order to get him to fully cooperate. Of course they wouldn't say that because the threat of a life sentence will keep the fire to his feet.

I could be wrong here, because I have no clue what they found on the search warrants on the McMichaels and Roddys homes. I did hear mention of some social media communications regarding making a point to keep people out of their neighborhood, so there is far more that has not been released as of yet.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:37 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Great information from the GBI. The are confident that the FACTS led them to the arrests of the three murderers. They are working hand in hand with the DA and the federal government. They don’t anticipate arresting anyone else.
You are very biased and at the same time conversing with people about it.
Without all the facts in and a trial far off you refer to them as murderers.
That's like other people presuming guilt of Arbery.
Are you trying to trick someone to say "I don't think the murderer provoked it" and then you saying "gotcha, you called him a murderer". You lose credibility not to say you think the McMichaels are murderer and instead call them "the murderers" . Who does that? Why would anybody bother arguing with you? There could be new video at the front of truck never seen before and it wouldn't matter to you. There could be audio Arbery of making a death threat earlier in the incident. But you are already pre judging

Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Woke up this morning to some really good news. "Roddie" has been arrested and is now going to be tried before the courts for his involvement in the murder. About time!

Like I was saying weeks ago and several hundred pages back in this thread, "Roddie" may very well be the weakest link out of all involved. I won't be surprised if he ends up testifying against the daddy & son team to try and save his hide/lesser sentence.

I also hope what happens next is they seize all electronic devices and do very thorough forensics on them. We will get to the bottom of this! I wouldn't be surprised if "Roddie" is one of those on this thread who've been trying to justify this shooting. Anyone who's been saying this murder was justified missing from this thread today?

The daughter who uploaded photo's onto social media of the victim after being shot and killed needs to also be dealt with and held accountable. I'm betting someone who was at the scene passed those onto her. They also need to be held accountable.

Last edited by FC76-81; 05-22-2020 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies