Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 08:24 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,628,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I've been telling my husband for years that Trump was never going to be able to drain the swamp. But his presidency (both directly and indirectly) has certainly served to expose it.

I said it once on here last week and I will say it again - picture America with a Hillary Clinton presidency (and what information we would and would not now know). And then picture America with an Obama, Clinton, then Biden presidency. Would YOU want to live in that America?
The Federal Bureaucracy is one of our wort enemies followed by State Bureaucracies. Trump knows this, but he can not fix it in a few short years. Government's only job is to sustain and grow itself. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,707,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Throw Comey, Strzok, and the rest of them behind bars and that should be sufficient deterrence to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Sure. Go ahead and bring them to trial. Why don't they? It is Trump's Justice Department. They have access to all of the evidence they need to try these people.

They don't because there is nothing. The same way after 40 months, Trump still hasn't "locked her up!" There was no crime to even ATTEMPT to try her. It is all bluster to keep Republicans behind Trump. Make up a common enemy and Republicans simply fall in line.

The 2020 enemy is the Chinese. It was Mexico before. Not much movement on that front. Once Trump was elected, he didn't really do anything against this "common enemy." Mexico was a red herring in 2016 and 50M Americans fell for it. Will they fall for it a second time?

Trump is counting on it.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:52 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If this was Trump doing the same thing you accuse Obama of, you would be cheering and jumping up and down. And you know it, and we know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hypocrisy has no party. When it comes to politics, we are all hypocrites.

Dont tell me if it was Trump doing the same thing that Obama is being accused of, that you would not be calling for his arrrest and conviction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump HAS done all of that and more. And, yes, he should have been kicked to the curb long ago, but he has his equally complicit GOP buddies there to cover for him. But everything has it's limits, and his day is coming.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:19 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
I think he did it but, no, I would not support his arrest or his conviction. Expose it all you want, and some of the governmental players should end up in court themselves, but we are not a banana republic that throws its former leaders into jail. I feel the same way in reference to anything, short of 1st degree murder, for Clinton, Bush, and Trump also. Yeah, they get a free pass. Sucks, but at least they are egotistical enough that they’ll weep for the loss of their legacy.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:29 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think he did it but, no, I would not support his arrest or his conviction. Expose it all you want, and some of the governmental players should end up in court themselves, but we are not a banana republic that throws its former leaders into jail. I feel the same way in reference to anything, short of 1st degree murder, for Clinton, Bush, and Trump also. Yeah, they get a free pass. Sucks, but at least they are egotistical enough that they’ll weep for the loss of their legacy.
That's quite a comical observation. IL has had four governors go to prison for the crimes they committed. Obama's political experience was solely from dirty, corrupt as hell IL.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:30 AM

18,469 posts, read 7,108,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Elected President even if it would cause massive riots.

I say If he has committed a crime then he should be held accountable. No one is above the law. Especially if the crime was treason!

I don't think it would cause massive riots.

But it will never happen anyways, even if evidence shows that he's guilty as sin.

So it's a moot question.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,813,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I've been telling my husband for years that Trump was never going to be able to drain the swamp. But his presidency (both directly and indirectly) has certainly served to expose it.

I said it once on here last week and I will say it again - picture America with a Hillary Clinton presidency (and what information we would and would not now know). And then picture America with an Obama, Clinton, then Biden presidency. Would YOU want to live in that America?
Would Biden have eliminated the Pandemic Office like mean girl did in 2018 because we can't have anything that Obama created no matter how good for the country, right. So you like living like this with rags on your face and a third world response?

Look, the Republican's admitted that Trump is guilty as charged of the charges of his impeachment. The Republican's also said that it was just peachy. Trump could be as dirty and corrupt as he wants. So what if tens of thousands of American's die because of Trump's botched, disinformation, messaging vs response to a pandemic. That's all fine right? The Senate said so.

Obama be charged for crimes? Certainly, but not manufactured crimes by a despot wanna be that didn't like the IG reports and hired corrupt yes man Barr to do his bidding.

You want to ignore Trump and his corruption yet go after his political look over there scapegoat? Pathetic.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
I find it very unlikley that a President of the United States will be arrested for anything, ever, no matter of partisan. Its very bad for PR.
If anyone should have been arrested it would have been Bush due to torture, and lying to get US into Iraq war, but as Obama said on day one, there would be no such investigations because the focus needs to be forward. He also knew that presidents have immunity against prosecution. Maybe someone needs to tell that to Trump too.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,515,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Not a very good drawing of Trump but the red tie is a dead giveaway.
The hands are too big.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:03 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,411,061 times
it wont happen but it needs to.

the democrats need to know they cannot do what the Obama team did. you cannot use the intelligence agencies to run ops on your political opponents.

they absolutely did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies