Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 06:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If face coverings work, how are women in Afghanistan (who wear full burkas) getting Covid?
Burkas are very loose-fitting, and women do not wear them in their homes. Plenty of opportunity to catch Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 11:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
And the burka fabric is not remotely dense enough.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:05 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well I’m not sick so you aren’t getting any snot from me. So why again am I forced to wear a mask? And don’t tell me it’s sometimes asymptomatic. I know. I haven’t been within 6 feet of a human being in over a month so I know I don’t have it.
By your logic..
I'm waving around a handgun. I know it's not loaded, so you have no right to tell me not to do so. Hell, I can point it at your face, and pull the trigger, again, because it's not loaded
I can just plow right through a stop sign when driving because other people will be careful. Why am I forced to stop?
I'm generally healthy, so I can just sneeze on you. No need to cover my mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I hate wearing a mask. I feel silly and uncomfortable.

I have listened to the medical advice about how my wearing a mask can help stop the spread of the disease. I ran it through my BS detector and the advice makes sense. It can prevent me from unknowingly spreading the virus through my breathing, sneezing, or coughing when I'm around other people.

I know it probably does nothing to prevent me from catching the virus from others. I've listened to the reasoning about this and it makes sense to me as well.

I will wear a mask in public.
I've been to doctor's offices and you'd be surprised at the number of adults, middle aged, and even in their senior years who need to be told that no, smoking isn't healthy for you. No, eating McDonalds 5 times per week isn't good for you. No, if you're consuming 3,500 calories of food but don't get exercise, you will get fat and obese. Sad thing is, if they get a heart attack, THEN they'll straighten up and fly right, but by then, it'll be too late.

It's not unlike with COVID-19.. we need to keep cases down as to not overwhelm hospitals. If you can't get proper treatment, then your rate of survival won't be so generous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies