Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 02:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
They are, thank G-d. I have decent leadership in my state.

I'm part of the planning team at work. We expect to require masks at least a year for those who have to come into the office. This is directed by our medical, epidemiology and science research professionals, not politicians who want to make the emotionally weakest among us feel good about refusing to wear a mask.
Great. You can call the police on your fellow citizens if they are not wearing one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 03:01 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have severe anxiety and PTSD stemming from a stage IV cancer diagnosis at the ripe old age of 23. I had to wear a mask for 6 months. The first time I put on a mask, I dry heaved. Guess what? I put the mask on. That cancer also caused some lung damage and weather/exercise-induced asthma, so it's harder to breathe which exacerbates my anxiety.

Sorry, not an argument that's going to work for me - take your meds and put the damn mask on or stay at home. If your job cannot be done from home, expect to have to wear a mask, so desensitize yourslef to it.

Your anxiety won't do well if you find out you spread covid-19 to someone because you couldn't put a mask on when interacting with others.

Good for you if you want to wear a mask. It's your choice. Just like it's my choice to not wear one unless I go to the commissary or costco (which I avoid both as much as possible).

I will not desensitize myself to it either. I will also go out and about as I please. Also your comment about me spreading COVID....no. Try again. I know what good hygiene is and how to respect peoples bubbles along with staying home if I don't feel good so I keep my germs to myself. Unlike those who wear masks, insert themselves into my bubble or those who even wear gloves but like to hold their phones to their faces after touching everything in a store.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:52 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Good for you if you want to wear a mask. It's your choice. Just like it's my choice to not wear one unless I go to the commissary or costco (which I avoid both as much as possible).

I will not desensitize myself to it either. I will also go out and about as I please. Also your comment about me spreading COVID....no. Try again. I know what good hygiene is and how to respect peoples bubbles along with staying home if I don't feel good so I keep my germs to myself. Unlike those who wear masks, insert themselves into my bubble or those who even wear gloves but like to hold their phones to their faces after touching everything in a store.
Good grief. Don't you know what being an asymptomatic carrier means? Whether you "feel good" or not has nothing to do with it.

Old 05-16-2020, 04:14 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Good grief. Don't you know what being an asymptomatic carrier means? Whether you "feel good" or not has nothing to do with it.
It’s highly unlikely a person without any symptoms will be coughing or sneezing while out and about. It would be very difficult for someone without symptoms to spread the virus simply from briefly passing by people in the grocery store. Unless they are having prolonged spit filled conversations with another person, the risk is minuscule.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:02 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,535 times
I’ve been looking for a mask with a raised middle finger.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I really don't see why the mask is political.

Do what you can to protect others. It's really not that difficult for an hour or two.
But many conservatives see wearing a mask as a sign of weakness and being sickly.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:22 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,958 times
So stupid. I wear the mask to lessen stress on people who work in stores. It’s not a big deal for me. It’s like wearing a seatbelt, that took a while to get used to as well.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:42 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Just wear a mask to protect others. Why is this even an issue.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:15 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I really don't see why the mask is political.
On what planet do you live?

There was a crack that became a chasm that widened into a gulf that became a really big huge friggin' gulf.

Barring some celestial catastrophic cataclysmic event, that gulf will only continue to widen.

Everything is political now, and it will be until the civil war.

Old 06-13-2020, 01:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
I don't have a choice, really, no matter what my political views are. If I am caught not wearing a mask where it is mandatory, there will be a hefty fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies