Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 07:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
85,000 dead so far in just a few months with no vaccine in sight. Rush also thought smoking didn't cause Lung Cancer...I'll listen to the Epidemiologists, Thank You...
And the climate scientists over someone with only a high school education that believes every conspiracy theory he hears. How sad is it that people believe this blowhard?

Oh wait, they believe Trump too.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Then, look at excess deaths in each state about which I've been reading for about a month. What is causing those?

The excess deaths EXCEED the official total for COVID. If anything, our COVID mortality rate is an undercount.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coro...nt=firefox-b-1

I've seen several ED analyses - this is the most recent:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/o...us-deaths.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...oll-total.html

If you don't believe the NYT is credible on this issue, as per above Google search, there are other ways to calculate excess deaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Exactly right! If anything both the COVID deaths & cases have been undercounted. This has been a persistent problem worldwide, not just in the US.
Yet these folks want to believe it's all a conspiracy.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,089,243 times
You do realize that Rush has been an opioid addict for years, and was arrested for doctor shopping?
It's normal for addicts to be paranoid. You are all caught up in his paranoid mind trip.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:49 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Minus all the fakery = not even half as much if that.
Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid and believe that 85K number died from CV.
Let me guess? You don't believe in data, right? Oh, and you put quotation marks around the word expert? This is all we need to know.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 PM

1,781 posts, read 957,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Let me guess? You don't believe in data, right? Oh, and you put quotation marks around the word expert? This is all we need to know.
Good Lord, stop it already! How many of those 85,000 that died were in nursing homes or assisted living facilities (either employees or residents)? How many were in the hotspots of New York and New Jersey? Here’s a hint, it’s a freaking LOT! Stop being lazy and do the math. I am so sick of this 85,000 number being thrown out without ANY context at all. It’s disingenuous and downright misleading and wrong!

Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Rush is just a talking head making millions. He has no real knowledge about anything he talks about. It's all just opinion.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Rush is just a talking head making millions. He has no real knowledge about anything he talks about. It's all just opinion.
So what. He’s got a right to his opinion. Don’t listen to him if you don’t like what he says.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:14 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
So what. He’s got a right to his opinion. Don’t listen to him if you don’t like what he says.
Of course he has a right to his opinion. That doesn't mean it's gospel though. So what does his opinion really matter.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:24 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Would those be the experts that said there was no human to human transmission?

That said that we didn't need to shut down travel from China and the only reason it was done was due to racism?

That attacked Trump when he shut down travel from Europe?

The experts (CDC) that said we don't need the international tests, and that banned US companies and universities from producing any...insisting that they had it handled. Only to bungle the first round of tests-costing us weeks in beginning testing.

The same experts that said 2-5 million Americans would die?

That said masks wouldn't help stop the virus?

That now insist that mask ARE ESSENTIAL for stopping the virus?

That continue to push FUD, while deaths and new cases have been trending down for weeks-with states opening up?

The experts that touted "lockdowns" to stop the virus-which have resulted in over 25% of NYC, over 2 million people, infected?

How about the "experts" that insisted that nursing homes take covid-postive patients?

Or the experts that said we need a million ventilators, that pushed the president to force GM and Ford to produce them...and now have found that ventilator use is killing patients?

The experts that insisted that we needed antibody tests-but still haven't published the results of any modestly large-scale study, in spite of tests being available for more than a month?

That believe we'll have a vaccine in a few months...when we haven't been able to produce a vaccine for similar viruses in decades?

That popo the concept of "herd immunity" as NYC's deaths plummet as their infection rate approaches the herd immunity rate-as people are ignoring the lockdown and subways continue to run?

Sorry, but the "experts" have a lousy track record so far concerning this virus. I'm not a fan of Rush and don't listen to him, but from what the OP presented, he's not wrong in this case.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 05-15-2020 at 09:40 PM..

Old 05-15-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Of course he has a right to his opinion. That doesn't mean it's gospel though. So what does his opinion really matter.
What does anyone’s opinion really matter? Yours included? We can go round and round with this. I happen to think he’s right more often than wrong so I respect his knowledge and opinion. Again, if you don’t, that’s fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.