Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 06:09 PM

25,579 posts, read 56,577,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
While I don't trust much of what Rush says, I trust the numbers even less. There is simply too much incentive to blame the Coronavirus for every possible death. I don't believe the fear mongers on the left either. Keep in mind I live abroad. Here hospitals are required to show that the Corvid 19 was the cause of death not just a contributor or present at time of death.
Then, look at excess deaths in each state about which I've been reading for about a month. What is causing those?

The excess deaths EXCEED the official total for COVID. If anything, our COVID mortality rate is an undercount.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coro...nt=firefox-b-1

I've seen several ED analyses - this is the most recent:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/o...us-deaths.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...oll-total.html

If you don't believe the NYT is credible on this issue, as per above Google search, there are other ways to calculate excess deaths.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:20 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,134,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
If everyone pitches in, how is there an owner? There isn't. There is just a responsible person designated to respond to the demands of beneficiaries who don't pitch in but have unending demands on those who do.
I probably should have said, head of the household, or elder.

If your concern is what the leaders are up to, then you gotta make sure “ok, we need this, but keepnan eye on the owner to make sure he doesn’t come home with a brand new bluetooth speaker on the side.”.
So listen to the scientists, but always hold politicians to the fire. Because any cause, good or bad, can be taken advantage of.

Which is why I don’t care for Al Gore or any celeb. If they wanna contribute, get off the podium and let the scientists speak.

I say this as someone who has a sibling who Majors in science and knows how passionate she is about it. These people are just doing their jobs.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,704,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Minus all the fakery = not even half as much if that.
Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid and believe that 85K number died from CV.
As long as most people don't know of so much as a single close friend or relative who died from COVID-19, this nation will never, never be able to take this virus as a serious threat. Most people don't even know of one person who was sick with it and got over it, either.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:21 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,416,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Then, look at excess deaths in each state about which I've been reading for about a month. What is causing those?

The excess deaths EXCEED the official total for COVID. If anything, our COVID mortality rate is an undercount.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coro...nt=firefox-b-1

I've seen several ED analyses - this is the most recent:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/o...us-deaths.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...oll-total.html

If you don't believe the NYT is credible on this issue, as per above Google search, there are other ways to calculate excess deaths.
Exactly right! If anything both the COVID deaths & cases have been undercounted. This has been a persistent problem worldwide, not just in the US.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:55 PM

6,622 posts, read 5,029,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Correlation doesn't prove anything that I know of. It's just a relationship, not a proof.
dude inhaling known human carcinogens through your lungs promotes the formation of cancer this is an observable fact, I dont think you understand what the word science means.

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:06 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
dude inhaling known human carcinogens through your lungs promotes the formation of cancer this is an observable fact, I dont think you understand what the word science means.

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
Why in the hell would you want to go through all that trouble when you can just rely on your feelings and crackpot videos on youtube?

Old 05-15-2020, 07:07 PM

19,301 posts, read 17,182,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, when you can tell us why the left is asking dr. greta thunberg for advice....then get back with us....or make your own arrangments....since it's clear you hate trump but love the anti-trump msm....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/us/gr...ltv/index.html
Oh come now one of you guys was quoting a CNN Poll yesterday that showed Trump favorably. You should go out for some air not everyone lives their entire day watching the news and looking for mistakes, take a radio and listen to Dr Rush and his medical expertise....

I don't watch CNN but as the article shows "the teen herself clarified on Twitter that she was never appearing as an expert nor is she one. Rather, she is an activist with a large following of young people and is trying to shine a light on the impact this virus will have on future generations."

So now you are against guests who are promoting that people should listen to the doctors and those that know what their talking about, must the interview list now be run past the Trump faithful for approval.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:25 PM

17,860 posts, read 13,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post

I love it with these guys and their "correlation is not causation" knee jerk response.

It's like saying:

20% of people who jump off cliffs do not die. Therefore, it can't be proven that jumping off of cliffs is bad for you.

Just because jumping off cliffs correlates with dying doesn't mean it is the cause of it. Heck a lot of those people might have just dropped dead at the top of the cliff anyway.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:29 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
85,000 dead so far in just a few months with no vaccine in sight. Rush also thought smoking didn't cause Lung Cancer...I'll listen to the Epidemiologists, Thank You...

Ol' Blowhard should ask those 85,000 dead how they liked dying from the common cold which is he claimed the Corona Virus actually was. It's a truly scary country that has so many who believe this twit speaks the truth.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:30 PM

1,785 posts, read 961,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Why don’t you subtract ALL of the nursing home and assisted living deaths and ALL of the hotspot New York and New Jersey deaths and come back with the number. We’ll wait.
We’re still waiting...Hello, hello, anyone, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies