Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 11:29 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,441,256 times

Advertisements

How would the media report this if the assailant was white and the victims black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 11:38 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,430,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Looks like he just wanted three meals a day and somewhere to sleep.

Also, I don't know for certain what happened as he attacked, but life is not always like the movies where a Bruce Willis steps in, subdues the attacker with a few punches and choke hold, and saves the day with a witty one liner. Despite some people loudly proclaiming how they would have done something, in a terrible shocking and sudden violent incident like that many people would freeze or scream and run away in panic.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/man-slashe...opstories.html
He is homeless, a non-contributor to society, the only thing impacting him from the lock downs is probably his mooching off of others.

The Rescue Mission is open, he probably is not allowed in there for reasons, well, we see at least one of the reasons, he is a violent person.

And you are correct, it is not always like the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
How would the media report this if the assailant was white and the victims black?
Hate crime, straight up.

The media, absent of an objective reason, will default to race if such a white on minority attack occurs. When the reverse happens, the racial aspect must be objective, written and spelled out clearly.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:38 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,328,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I'm thinking we will see more incidents like this as CORONA makes people snap.
It doesn't help when you LITERALLY have the POTUS regularly calling for it. He called for armed resistance to the shutdown in three states, and they overtook the Capitals with high-power weaponry. This is just another extension of the same. He tells people to feel entitled as long as their agenda supports his, and they are too damned blind to even think about it.

Even if you support Trump for whatever reasons, how can you POSSIBLY support him to call for armed rebellions? It was like the time he publicly told police not to worry about injuring suspects during arrest.

And just like then, his base will come out and defend it, say it never happened, or tell us that he, the one who they elected because he always says exactly what he means, didn't mean exactly what he said.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:42 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,430,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It doesn't help when you LITERALLY have the POTUS regularly calling for it. He called for armed resistance to the shutdown in three states, and they overtook the Capitals with high-power weaponry. This is just another extension of the same. He tells people to feel entitled as long as their agenda supports his, and they are too damned blind to even think about it.

Even if you support Trump for whatever reasons, how can you POSSIBLY support him to call for armed rebellions? It was like the time he publicly told police not to worry about injuring suspects during arrest.

And just like then, his base will come out and defend it, say it never happened, or tell us that he, the one who they elected because he always says exactly what he means, didn't mean exactly what he said.
I doubt this homeless nutcase even knows who the president is. He has mental issues, he has been homeless for some time now, and I seriously doubt he is in-tune with political happenings in the US and local area.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:15 PM

15,894 posts, read 6,595,552 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc

Old 05-18-2020, 12:16 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

You seriously blaming this on Trump? its a homeless dude who has been in jail before for vandalism and spiting on the cops. He was mad because he couldnt get into the shelter. i wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have mental issues.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:17 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,529,442 times
ban assault machetes!

Old 05-18-2020, 12:48 PM

78,642 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Crazy people do crazy stuff all the time. Anyone trying to interpret this as being due to anything when it could have been almost anything that caused him to flip out is just hijacking a bad event and irrationally assigning blame.

He might have said Covid...but a few months ago it could have been because the Chiefs won the Super Bowl or that his favorite contestant got eliminated from American Idol.....or maybe he just got some bad meth or a larger than normal hit of crack.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:54 PM

27,711 posts, read 16,201,935 times
No excuse. Guy is nuts period.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:54 PM

11,233 posts, read 8,328,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You seriously blaming this on Trump? its a homeless dude who has been in jail before for vandalism and spiting on the cops. He was mad because he couldnt get into the shelter. i wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have mental issues.

I didn't blame anything on Trump. I said his actions makes things like this more likely, not less likely.

I can only blame one entity for violence, and that's the person who committed it. I just think we can expect to see more of this, Trump is openly (not at all under the radar) calling for more violence at every juncture. He does at his rallies, he calls on cops for violence, he praises "fine people" and fails to call out the perps if they are in his base.

But no, I don't blame Trump for this guy's actions. I blame the person. He should know better than to listen to someone with Trump's track record. (Even if he's homeless, that's no excuse.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies