Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 09:33 AM

29,548 posts, read 22,880,504 times

Advertisements

Looks like he just wanted three meals a day and somewhere to sleep.

Also, I don't know for certain what happened as he attacked, but life is not always like the movies where a Bruce Willis steps in, subdues the attacker with a few punches and choke hold, and saves the day with a witty one liner. Despite some people loudly proclaiming how they would have done something, in a terrible shocking and sudden violent incident like that many people would freeze or scream and run away in panic.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/man-slashe...opstories.html

Quote:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested and charged with attempted murder after an unprovoked and random machete attack on a married couple has left them in critical condition and clinging to life.

The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon when Metro Nashville Police in Tennessee were called to the offices of Public Storage at 2:47 p.m. to reports of a man attacking a couple with a machete inside the main office as other customers waited inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 09:36 AM

20,954 posts, read 5,569,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Looks like he just wanted three meals a day and somewhere to sleep.

Also, I don't know for certain what happened as he attacked, but life is not always like the movies where a Bruce Willis steps in, subdues the attacker with a few punches and choke hold, and saves the day with a witty one liner. Despite some people loudly proclaiming how they would have done something, in a terrible shocking and sudden violent incident like that many people would freeze or scream and run away in panic.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/man-slashe...opstories.html

The DSM will soon come up with a code for Lockdown Mania, or some such thing, and......TA-DAAAA! Big pHARMa will step in with a whiz-bang new treatment!

Old 05-18-2020, 09:43 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,664,071 times
I'm thinking we will see more incidents like this as CORONA makes people snap.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:55 AM

1,789 posts, read 965,370 times
Well at least the article mentioned he was homeless. Here in Austin there would be NO mention of that fact. Austin wants to pretend all homeless are just down on their luck people who would never harm a hair on your head. Just ask Mayor Adler. He’s their biggest cheerleader.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 AM

2,774 posts, read 909,042 times
Clearly a hate crime.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,449,119 times
One thing that I can't stand is the mantra from Team Red and even bleeding into a few anarchist circles (folks who should clearly know better) is this idea that stress from the lockdown excuses or at the very least "softens" the culpability of those who violate the non-aggression principle during this time.

Just because you were raped doesn't mean you have carte blanche to rape someone else.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:59 AM

9,962 posts, read 18,547,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I'm thinking we will see more incidents like this as CORONA makes people snap.
Yup -

This is on the people making such a big deal about lockdown and masks..etc. during a pandemic.

Even more reason for us to just stay at home...

Old 05-18-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yup -

This is on the people making such a big deal about lockdown and masks..etc. during a pandemic.

Even more reason for us to just stay at home...
He was homeless! How could he have been on “lockdown”?

Old 05-18-2020, 11:15 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,449,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
He was homeless! How could he have been on “lockdown”?
The disruption to businesses impacts the homeless as well. One major thing I can think of off the top of my head is the libraries being closed. That's homeless central in every city I've ever lived in.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The disruption to businesses impacts the homeless as well. One major thing I can think of off the top of my head is the libraries being closed. That's homeless central in every city I've ever lived in.
Oh dear! He couldn’t go to the library. Give me a break. The homeless here in Austin are were specifically exempt from our dear mayor’s shelter in place orders. They have the MOST freedom of anyone living here in Austin. They don’t have to abide by any of the rules all of us peasants do. They don’t have to wear masks, they don’t have to social distance. They can go roam around the city at will (and do)
They can continue to panhandle (and do). I doubt their lives have been impacted a whole heck of a lot unlike the rest of us.

I suppose they could be stressed out because their stream of income probably took a big hit. Less cars on the road = not as many people to give them money at intersections. They’ll be in a bigger world of hurt if more people lose their jobs as that’s who they depend on for their income. So yes, you’re right. The homeless have been affected by this since the people they depend on are sitting at home and or losing their jobs!

I’ll stop now since this isn’t a thread about homelessness per se and I didn’t intend to highjack it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies