Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Whenever someone is prescribed a drug for treatment of an illness, you assume the person HAS the illness.

So from the perspective of our President taking a drug combination that some doctors may prescribe for some of their patients for COVID 19, I don't know how you don't have some kind of concern.

I hope it is just a matter of Trump pushing the doctor for pills and they gave in and gave it to him, or Trump lying....rather than Trump needing them because he has the virus.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Sure most people will be fine -- but you don't want to throw out the dice and gamble -- especially with an older person -- and especially with the PResident.

For the record I know of an 80 something old lady who tested positive and she was prescribed the combination. She did okay.

From what we have been told by the medical professionals it is NOT for everyone and it is not a cure all in all cases.
Wrong again !!! Prescribed to prevent getting malaria !!!

Old 05-18-2020, 03:30 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
Quote:
That is the scary thing. It's never been seen as a preventative.....

Trump said his doctor did not recommend the drug to him, but he requested it from the White House physician.
It is used to prevent malaria in the developing world all the time. A 3-4 day course when you feel 'off' is how many people live down there as they can't take daily preventative malaria medicine for obvious reasons.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Hydroxychloroquine is not a killer. It's a cheap drug used in the developing world to fight malaria. Every drug has side effects, but hydroxychloroquine is one of the safer drugs used by man.
Actually it is one of the drugs used for malaria...there are others.

And it is used for rheumatoid diseases to.

But once Trump started talking about it the FDA issued a warning.
So I'm not sure how 'safe' it is for EVERYONE -- for people fighting COVID, or used with the zinc prescription.....but if the FDA felt they had to remind doctors of the risks.......might not be as safe as we all think.

And Trump admitted his doctor didn't prescribe it -- Trump ASKED The White House doctor for it. -- Wonder if my doctor would prescribe medicinal weed for me if I asked...I bet I couldn't get it. hmmm not fair - -not fair at all.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or
The FDA is aware of reports of serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19 treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with azithromycin and other QT prolonging medicines. We are also aware of increased use of these medicines through outpatient prescriptions. Therefore, we would like to remind health care professionals and patients of the known risks associated with both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. We will continue to investigate risks associated with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 and communicate publicly when we have more information.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:33 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I took it in Viet Nam and never seen a doctor that prescribed it !!! It was handed out like candy !!!

Antibiotics overseas can often be bought over the counter. After I graduated from college, I toured all over Europe on the cheap and remember buying penicillin -- might have been in Paris or Greece. Long time ago.

But that is one reason why antibiotics have lost much of their effectiveness -- because they were handed out even by docs for every sniffle. I worry the same will happen now that the panic stricken populace is disinfecting every surface as well as their hands multiple times a day when basic cleanliness would do. The germs mutate and grow stronger as they get used to it. Better to strengthen your own immune system.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It is used to prevent malaria in the developing world all the time. A 3-4 day course when you feel 'off' is how many people live down there as they can't take daily preventative malaria medicine for obvious reasons.
So in your medical expertise malaria is like COVID-19 and therefore it should work.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I took it in Viet Nam and never seen a doctor that prescribed it !!! It was handed out like candy !!!
Not sure that is a resounding endorsement.

And was it that specific drug....because there are a few anti-malaria drugs. If they were handing it out you probably didn't even know which one you were getting.

And you weren't getting it in conjunction with the z pack.

FDA issued a warning about it.....

Old 05-18-2020, 03:38 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Zoiks! Omfg! The Pres is taking pills! Let’s all have a group hug.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:38 PM

12,479 posts, read 9,570,120 times
Quote:
Actually it is one of the drugs used for malaria...there are others.

And it is used for rheumatoid diseases to.

But once Trump started talking about it the FDA issued a warning.
So I'm not sure how 'safe' it is for EVERYONE -- for people fighting COVID, or used with the zinc prescription.....but if the FDA felt they had to remind doctors of the risks.......might not be as safe as we all think.

And Trump admitted his doctor didn't prescribe it -- Trump ASKED The White House doctor for it. -- Wonder if my doctor would prescribe medicinal weed for me if I asked...I bet I couldn't get it. hmmm not fair - -not fair at all.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or
The FDA is aware of reports of serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19 treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with azithromycin and other QT prolonging medicines. We are also aware of increased use of these medicines through outpatient prescriptions. Therefore, we would like to remind health care professionals and patients of the known risks associated with both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. We will continue to investigate risks associated with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 and communicate publicly when we have more information.
Pffffft, obviously the FDA is part of the Deep State! Death to the FDA! They're clearly trying to kill Trump voters by preventing them from taking this tremendous medication that will ward off the virus! Google it!

Old 05-18-2020, 03:39 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:

headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
loss of appetite, weight loss;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;
skin rash or itching; or.
hair loss. he should not do this!

Hydroxychloroquine is also used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus.

Hydroxychloroquine has not been approved to treat coronavirus or COVID-19. However, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized emergency use of hydroxychloroquine in adults and adolescents weighing at least 110 pounds (50 kilograms) who are hospitalized with COVID-19.

https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Talk with your doctor if you have fever, vomiting, or diarrhea during your treatment. Maybe why he ran off the press conference the other day,... I gots- to- go

Old 05-18-2020, 03:43 PM

So Trump is doing a study of one -- lol. If he doesn't get the virus it must work.

That's how his mind works....lol.

This is not going to end well for him.

He's going to end up being ridiculed, mocked. Medical associations are going to warn against taking it just in case. FDA is going to have issue their warning.......

and he will be frustrated AGAIN.....blaming the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies