Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,519,082 times

Advertisements

IMO, he's dug a hole and wants that hole deeper.
IMO, he isn't taking it. But if he is, good for him. Wish him well and hopes it prevents & cures whatever.
ARADE

Old 05-18-2020, 04:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Dr. Manny Alvarez is the Dr. on Fox News that is against people taking the drug and doesn't prescribe it !!!

Dr. Janette Nesheiwat is giving another opinion and has and does prescribed the drug !!!

Doctors often don't agree !!! No surprise people on C-D don't agree either !!!

Old 05-18-2020, 04:15 PM

14,494 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Good grief people love to FREAK OUT.

Where have you all been? Why is this giving anyone the vapors at this point? This drug combination has been WIDELY discussed as a preventative. Has been used as such for YEARS for malaria. There is a study taking place on COVID and many medical people are taking it also, because it probably won't hurt and may well help!

It makes perfect sense for the president to be taking it. It's an extra precaution against him getting COVID.

What is the matter with half the population and most of the media that they can't think reasonably any more?

Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Where have you all been? Why is this giving anyone the vapors at this point? This drug combination has been WIDELY discussed as a preventative. Has been used as such for YEARS for malaria. There is a study taking place on COVID and many medical people are taking it also, because it probably won't hurt and may well help!

It makes perfect sense for the president to be taking it. It's an extra precaution against him getting COVID.

What is the matter with half the population and most of the media that they can't think reasonably any more?

Armchair epidemiologists all over the place, right?

Old 05-18-2020, 04:23 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:

1. Malaria isn't caused by a virus so what difference does it make that a derivative which USED to be indicated for that condition worked....it is no longer the primary treatment or preventative for malaria by the way and hasn't been for years.

2. Where have YOU been?? The combo of hydroychloroquine and Zithromax WAS widely discussed early on but the original "studies" indicating benefit have since been retracted and no new studies have shown any benefit to these drugs in COVID patients

3. It "may not hurt"?? Again, where have you been?? One of the main reasons hydroxychloroquine is no longer being recommended besides the lack of efficacy is BECAUSE of the risk of serious side effects being seen including arrhythmias

4. It makes NO sense for the president to be taking this drug/combo due to the lack of efficacy and potential for serious side effects to the point that the only patient's being given it currently in controlled studies are in hospitals where they can be monitored...

Old 05-18-2020, 04:26 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
as far as I know President Trump has never had CV. He's met a lot of people...

Old 05-18-2020, 04:32 PM

14,494 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. Malaria isn't caused by a virus so what difference does it make that a derivative which USED to be indicated for that condition worked....it is no longer the primary treatment or preventative for malaria by the way and hasn't been for years.

2. Where have YOU been?? The combo of hydroychloroquine and Zithromax WAS widely discussed early on but the original "studies" indicating benefit have since been retracted and no new studies have shown any benefit to these drugs in COVID patients

3. It "may not hurt"?? Again, where have you been?? One of the main reasons hydroxychloroquine is no longer being recommended besides the lack of efficacy is BECAUSE of the risk of serious side effects being seen including arrhythmias

4. It makes NO sense for the president to be taking this drug/combo due to the lack of efficacy and potential for serious side effects to the point that the only patient's being given it currently in controlled studies are in hospitals where they can be monitored...

I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to pretend to be one, and I don't care what you think your credentials are. There is real science happening all over by better people who know more than we do.

Our opinion doesn't matter or affect that truth whatsoever. This is all just noise, and exercise for people with too much free time.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:33 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So in your medical expertise malaria is like COVID-19 and therefore it should work.
Explain to me how hydroxychloroquine treats Malaria, and then explain to me why that won't work on COVID-19. After all, a human being and a tiger are different species, but a bullet kills both the same way.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:35 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to pretend to be one, and I don't care what you think your credentials are. There is real science happening all over by better people who know more than we do.

Our opinion doesn't matter or affect that truth whatsoever. This is all just noise, and exercise for people with too much free time.
No you're not a doctor, and doctor's don't really know the answer either. Not MD doctors anyways. It's research scientists in labs that carry out these clinical studies, and doctors read these studies, as well as other bulletins and make decisions. If they read these studies and use some common sense, so can you.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
One of my physicians is treating people with it and I strongly suspect she is taking it too.
Before they have the virus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies