Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 05:56 PM

12,465 posts, read 9,550,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Some of you guys need to chill out. Like it or not, people across the country are taking the drug. It's between them and their physician, it's their choice.
Hey people can do whatever they want. They take heroin too. They drive drunk, too, etc. I can't stop them. But I'm not going to actually agree with nonsense like there's no risk to this drug or it works great, or people should take it prophylactically.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you're not that dumb.

Lots of doctors taking it prophylactically.
True

https://www.sermo.com/press-releases...ven-in-undiag/

Old 05-18-2020, 05:58 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Although I generally consider Trump a liar, in this case I believe he could very well be taking a prophylactic dose of HCQ b/c he is a major scaredy cat when it comes to his health.

Further, many doctors also are taking HCQ, per this post a three weeks ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Many doctors (I dont know the percentages) are still taking it prophylactically, but again, not because we know it works, just because we don’t know that it doesn’t work. And such a small, once a week dose, is not likely to have any side effects.

Most of us are taking the once a week dose that is prescribed to prevent (not treat) malaria. But we dont know if it preventative, or if it is, if that is the right dose. But when you spend day and night surrounded by people who have the virus and are infectious, and you see them dying left and right, it provides a little comfort in the hopes that it might be doing something. Again, not the way we want to be practicing medicine, but there are no good alternatives.
I remember AMD posting something similar at the start of the epidemic - he and many colleagues began HCQ immediately. He is always very clear, no one knows what works and doesn't for sure. Imo, a once-a-week low dose should be safe for healthy people and and may even help.

AMD posts extensively on the NJ forum COVID thread - some really interesting and educational comments direct from the front lines. Well worth following, imo.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:00 PM

12,465 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Azithro causes that on its own.. oh the outrage
Yet they hand it out like candy. Yes, there is a big fda warning about it too.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...ly-fatal-heart

Guess what, look up any antibiotic or drug you can think of, the warnings are long on all of them.. yeah yeah, i know .. orange man bad though
In addition to the findings of the scientists and the FDA, I will point out that they specifically say that this shouldn't be taken by someone outside of a hospital. Do you know why they say that? Because the risk of serious, even fatal side effects is there, so the use of this medication, if it's even justified for *anyone*, is only justified for someone who already has a serious confirmed case of the disease. This is COMPLETELY different than what Trump and his followers say.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:05 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
He’s not taking it. He’s lying.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:08 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Link to prove the info wrong?
Don't you know proving a negative is next to impossible? Obviously not, to your discredit.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:23 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
In addition to the findings of the scientists and the FDA, I will point out that they specifically say that this shouldn't be taken by someone outside of a hospital. Do you know why they say that? Because the risk of serious, even fatal side effects is there, so the use of this medication, if it's even justified for *anyone*, is only justified for someone who already has a serious confirmed case of the disease. This is COMPLETELY different than what Trump and his followers say.
That was only recently added after lefty meltdown and va unscientific so called study, to clear path for gilead. Dont be a tool. . People always take it outside of hospital, have been for years I know arthritics that have it.... at their homes.. along with lupus patients.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:29 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump practicing medicine without a license again. Cavuto had a doctor on his show, Trump should have done the same. Did you listen to the doctor.
I guess you assume it was not prescribed by a doctor.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I guess you assume it was not prescribed by a doctor.
I never listen to him when he talks if I can help it because I can't stand him, but I clearly heard Trump Trump on TV say he got it through the WH doctor.

Again, he's probably taking it. Many doctors are - see my post #161 upthread.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
His body his choice... its too bad idiots would follow before consulting a Dr...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies