Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i have a plan but this is not the place to discuss it. it will be controversial.
Well you wouldn't want to stir up any controversies on this forum, that's for sure!

Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
DA just held a press conference and hinted that criminal charges won’t be brought because there is “other evidence” that contradicts a criminal charge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...s-killing.html
This will be interesting. Hard to imagine what could defend the use of such excessive force on a man who was restrained and presenting no threat.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not condoning looting, but enough is enough. When are people going to start standing up for the rights of those oppressed by the powers that be in this country? It's a shame we learned nothing from Martin Luther King, Jr. The ugliness and racism has always been there, but now it seems to have wings. I would like to personally apologize on behalf of my white race to those of color who have been and continue to be victims of violence. I would have hoped by 2020 that we would better than this. I would say we've gone backwards, but we haven't. The propensity towards racism or any kind of oppression toward others that are viewed as different has always been there, but now seems to have gained even more of a platform, especially in the last few years. For that, I am truly sorry.
I don't think we're getting worse so much as we're seeing this on camera alot more. Something tells me this kind of stuff has taken place much more than we might know. The bigotry and racism we see, it never really stopped. It's illegal to stop me from living wherever I want or to keep me from other freedoms. However, some people still have the same mentality. We're just seeing it on camera alot more. Social media has availed many things that even the news doesn't always get.

I'm too squeamish to watch the arrest. I think about someone having their knee on my neck and I freak.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i have a plan but this is not the place to discuss it. it will be controversial.
Let me guess, it's not within Constitutional bounds, not to mention inhumane.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Just read this also. Are they Fing kidding? More violence, upset people, and other nonstop stuff will continue. They need to wake up and think outside the box. There is a damn video!

"Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman said he must look at all evidence.

"My job in the end is to prove he violated a criminal statute. And there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge. We need to wade through all of that evidence and come to a meaningful decision and we are doing that to the best of our ability.""
I wonder what the chances are that he DIDN'T die from asphyxia? Is that what the DA's hinting at?

Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 PM

34,064 posts, read 17,088,810 times
I can't think of any region that has ever had a riot which later on became, at minimum, a middle class region.

I can still see the scars of the 60s riots in Harlem, Newark, etc.

Why aren't black pastors doing what Robert Kennedy effectively did in Indianapolis the night MLK was murdered, and putting out the fire in the people? Regions should have leaders who help them refrain from these destructive behaviors.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN6vLAZKuEI

Old 05-28-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
DA just held a press conference and hinted that criminal charges won’t be brought because there is “other evidence” that contradicts a criminal charge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...s-killing.html
I expect more riots to happen in other cities throughout the summer. I don't want it to happen, but if the police officers are not found guilty and thrown in prison for life, this will spark even more anger. There are individuals who think in terms of "justice or we're burning everything down". Sure, shooting rioters might put a halt to it in the short run. However, it won't stop future flare ups.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I can't think of any region that has ever had a riot which later on became, at minimum, a middle class region.

I can still see the scars of the 60s riots in Harlem, Newark, etc.

Why aren't black pastors doing what Robert Kennedy effectively did in Indianapolis the night MLK was murdered, and putting out the fire in the people? Regions should have leaders who help them refrain from these destructive behaviors.
Some of those places weren't doing that good before the riots happened. And this the thing. A riot is a sign that some people have reached the point of "I don't give a freak anymore". It's a sign that some people are tired of being peaceful and feel that violence is the only answer. A riot is sometimes a sign of "it's too late now".

Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 PM

34,064 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The attacking thugs belong in jail, for years each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies