Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 07:29 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,885,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's the only way to describe it. I've been in a situation where I've had to restrain people many times in the past, I've even had my knee on someone's neck before....briefly. I know what it feels like and anyone who would do that for 8 full minutes just wants to hurt people.

There's just a million other things to do in that situation if your goal is merely to subdue someone and not seriously injure or kill them.
Why do you think the two of them didn't just put him in the car?? This obvious q is kinda driving me mad.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:37 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,949,097 times
That was murder.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:44 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,611,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Dear god, I was not prepared for that

For over three minutes, that man pleaded with the police officer that he could not breath, as the cop holds a knee on his neck.

Is that not murder? I don't even care whatever it was that man did before the video starts. He is already handcuffed and being held flat on the ground with two cops on top of him. He is no longer a threat to anyone.
Thank you for the warning. I am not going to watch.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:55 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,611,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You have to speak up for your group. Everyone rides the coat tails of the black struggle. The reason that many minorities have certain rights is because the people complaining, marching and being looked down upon as agitators and trouble makers, is because of black people complaining about how blacks are mistreated. Blacks do the complaining and marching and all others groups inherit the benefits of our struggles....but they do not get looked at as people always complaining and blaming others. They don't get looked at as having a victim mentality......because they get the benefits from blacks doing the leg work that brings about changes that they then benefit from.
I disagree with you often, but this is true. Why white people don't get more mad at police brutality is beyond me. It could happen to them.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM

10,555 posts, read 4,086,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One wonders if this would even be a national story or posted here on CD if it was not framed as a minority being arrested by an evil white cop.

`
It's as though, they needed a distraction against Biden's comments, so right on que this happens.

Note, I won't be surprised if this is all fake and these are nothing more than crisis actors. I think the Georgia shooting as well as the guy beating up on the elderly in the nursing home are fake too. Corporate owned media need to keep racial tensions high, right?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:15 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,683,827 times
Of many police officers I know, that includes a high-ranking NYPD captain, not one of them has said that a knee on the neck on the ground is standard procedure.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:23 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,126,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Of many police officers I know, that includes a high-ranking NYPD captain, not one of them has said that a knee on the neck on the ground is standard procedure.
I'm still waiting for apologists to take ridiculous positions like putting knee on head for 10 minutes is perfectly safe and standard procedure.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:41 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,904,806 times
That was hard to watch. It's appalling that the police officer could do that in good conscious. Even when the man's body was limp and it was obvious he was passed out (dead), the officer was still slow to release his knee. The other officer had to instruct him to let up. Then he roughly and forcefully rolled the black man's body over when they were putting him on the stretcher.

It's just sad that one human can treat another so inhumanly. It's just sad for humanity to see a video like this. RIP-God bless the victim's soul.

And to the officer, he will have to live with that blood on his hands for the rest of his life.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:56 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
It's hard to understand. That cop seemed to enjoy torturing his "prey". Some mental disorder.
Check his wife (girl friend) for domestic violence.
It's clear he regularly chokes people using the same illegal technique, it's not his first time doing this, but he underestimated the time it takes for someone to pass out or die when their airways are crushed. It takes very little time, which is why cops and bouncers normally can't choke people (though they do) because someone is bound to die eventually.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:00 PM

834 posts, read 531,452 times
Just like the Amadou Diallo murder (unarmed and shot 41 times by undercover NYPD), these officers will be found not guilty. They meant to kill him and are now free men. The kneeling cop only has to say that he didnt mean to kill Floyd and he'll enjoy a nice, long free life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies