Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 12:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I was looking at Fb videos this morning before opening CD .. more and more black men are being attacked for just being out and about. There is an ugly vibe in the air---Lord help us --
This is over the top. This is a police issue not a black issue. Plenty of police brutality videos out there where whites are the victims. Also, he was arrested legally for committing a crime but the cop’s actions after that are criminal.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:26 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Even the most pro-cop people have to admit that's just straight up murder. WTF. The guy repeatedly said he couldn't breathe and the cop just smugly kept forcing his knee into his neck. Cmon now.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:27 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
The ideal way to avoid this situation is to OBEY THE LAW.
Well that might be a great notion, but many (if not most people) run afoul of the law at one time or another in their lives.
That does not mean small offenses should wind up resulting in a persons significant injury or death.

I would say that regardless of what the suspect might have done wrong, if he resisted, that is the biggest mistake you can make.
Thus when someone runs from the police on foot or by vehicle, it significantly increases the likelihood of injury or death to themselves, the police and innocent bystanders.

So do't do the crime if you can't do the time. But either way, do not flee or resist, as that will lead to a much greater problem.

`

Old 05-26-2020, 12:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Crazy people on drugs fight strong and hard and are not easily subdued before you pass that judgement on cops try it sometime

Old 05-26-2020, 12:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Crazy people on drugs fight strong and hard and are not easily subdued before you pass that judgement on cops try it sometime
Ya well, he was beyond subdued...

Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
While I agree with that narrative generally, the man was cuffed and on the ground and subdued. He did not pose an immediate threat to multiple officers in that state. Not in the sense that he had to have a knee in his neck for minutes. Again, this would be different if the man was not cuffed and high on drugs resisting the cops. But that's not what we are dealing with here.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:34 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Actually, I have noticed the opposite.

When police are restrained from doing their jobs/duty, you may have a few thug types looking to crack skulls and take names.
However the vast majority of good LEO's back off from engaging with the community, out of fear of losing their jobs/pensions.
So they mark time by doing as little as needed to stay off their supervisors radar. Granted there are others who still try to be the best LEO they can, but their morale is often low because of the limitations placed upon them.
`
I agree 100%. Don't let my short quip throw you off.
The phenomenon was dubbed the Ferguson Effect a few years back, and it grew worse since then, but has been in place for a while now.

I didnt say all the police have gotten more thug like, just police in general in progressive cities. If you dont have the backing of your city (Minneapolis city council very recently and publicly castigated the police there) then police will be frustrated and often act like fools. Or simply disconnect like you point out.

Recently in NYC there has been video leaked of cops being publicly humiliated by a-holes on the street, water thrown on them, things like that. DeBlasio's disdain for NYC police is well known, along with the NYC city council. So some will certainly lash out at the public.

The video was disturbing. If it wasnt tinkered with, then that cop had his knee on that mans neck for 10 minutes, while he was handcuffed. It surely seems that stress led to the man dying shortly after wards. There seemed to be no reason I can see for him to have been left in that position for 10 minutes.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:43 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times

Just do as the officer asks and give him what he asks for.
It's not hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Or die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because your Life, Liberty & Property are in greater danger if you do not consent to extortion and coercion.
Threatened with violence if you do not comply with your MASTER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Which would have been what? He was lying on the ground handcuffed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peak938 View Post
Another useless death caused by America's gestapo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The bootlicking is strong itt...

"OBEY THE LAY NO MATTER WHAT! OR DIE!"...
I am unswayed.

It was death by stupidity. Don't resist and you'll be fine. There is no requirement that cops must be punched at least X # of times before forceful restraint is used.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
To me, the most compelling thing about this video is TWO cops are letting him suffocate to death, in full public view and on video.

I can see one person being stupid enough to not realize the person actually could not breathe, but TWO out of TWO cops didn't realize he couldn't breathe, and that this was likely to quickly become a life and death matter.

I don't believe, watching the video, that the cop with his knee on the suspect's neck intended to kill him, in public view and on video. He was just a complete jerk who wanted to hurt this guy.

But for the second cop to also not react, apparently also not knowing he was dying - don't they teach cops about airways and holds that impede airways?

Old 05-26-2020, 12:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8iBZBUEis

Warning! May be a little more for some to take.
You will be fuming if you watch this and the cop getting off to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies