Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 12:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Why? Because he told her to leash her dog in an area of Central Park where it’s required to protect wildlife. The black man is a bird watcher.

She got so angry, that she told him that she’d call the cops and tell them that “a black man is threatening my life” at the park. When he responded with insouciance, she then called and did just that. What’s in this video is shocking....or maybe it isn’t anymore. SMH

Video in the link...BTW, she been suspended from her job and will probably be fired.

Quote:
A white woman has apologized for calling police on a black man bird-watching in Central Park on Monday morning after the two argued about her unleashed dog.

Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."

"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/26/u...rnd/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 12:41 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
I watched the video. The man in question is completely in the right.

The woman comes across as a bit ... disturbed. Also possesses a large sense of self-importance.

What kills me is not only that she is willing to lie and and use race as a weapon, but also that she is willing to do so while a camera is rolling.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:45 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,587 times
She deserves everything she has got coming to her including all the embarrassment of the widespread video as well as calling in a "false" report.

Loss of job, embarrassment and fine to pay to boot.

Add a fine of having an unleashed dog to it as well.

Maybe next time she will think twice before reacting.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:47 PM

3,650 posts, read 3,786,423 times
I saw this earlier.

I hope she is prosecuted for the false report. And the abuse of her dog. Plus, cited for breaking the park rule.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 PM

10,095 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why? Because he told her to leash her dog in an area of Central Park where it’s required to protect wildlife. The black man is a bird watcher.

She got so angry, that she told him that she’d call the cops and tell them that “a black man is threatening my life” at the park. When he responded with insouciance, she then called and did just that. What’s in this video is shocking....or maybe it isn’t anymore. SMH

Video in the link...BTW, she been suspended from her job and will probably be fired.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/26/u...rnd/index.html
Yeah, I saw the video on twitter. "He's threatening me and my dog". Sure, lady. If he hadn't filmed it with his phone and the cops had shown up quickly they could have shot him on sight. SMDH.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I watched the video. The man in question is completely in the right.

The woman comes across as a bit ... disturbed. Also possesses a large sense of self-importance.

What kills me is not only that she is willing to lie and and use race as a weapon, but also that she is willing to do so while a camera is rolling.
She also can't be too bright to make those kinds of statements while being filmed.

She's not banging on all cylinders for sure.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:50 PM

300 posts, read 149,031 times
Was this the one who told the woman, who by the way out in the midst of the park: 'I'll do what I want to do, but you're not going to like it...' Who wouldn't be concerned by that?

There's no reason for her NOT to be on her toes. Women, don't be shamed into complacency. Continue to be vigilant in spite of those trying to shame you. This guy watching birds, right. Just like Ahmaud was an innocent "jogger."

Statistics say otherwise and women are being shamed into trusting those they should not trust.

If he was an upstanding guy, he ought to understand her fear, they were secluded in the ramble. Instead he used it to threaten her safety. He should have just walked away. Instead he intentionally tried to intimidate her like a coward and bully.

This PC BS gets people hurt.

There you go, proceed to attack...

Last edited by DaneThornberg; 05-26-2020 at 01:08 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 12:51 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
She's been in lock-down too long and she needs charges brought against her including animal cruelty..

Old 05-26-2020, 12:54 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post
Was this the one who told the woman, who by the way out in the midst of the park: 'I'll do what I want to do, but you're not going to like it...' Who wouldn't be concerned by that?

There's no reason for her NOT to be on her toes. Women, don't be shamed into complacency. Continue to be vigilant in spite of those trying to shame you. This guy watching birds, right. Just like Ahmaud was an innocent "jogger."

Statistics say otherwise and women are being shamed into trusting those they should not trust.

The guy ought to understand, they were secluded in the ramble.

This PC BS gets people hurt.

There you go, proceed to attack...
If he was a white guy they would be saying get your pepper spray girl, but because he isn't white, that makes it ok for him to talk to a woman like that in the woods, and it makes him the victim.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:59 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
National newsworthy right there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies