Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 11:23 AM

18,115 posts, read 15,696,543 times

Advertisements

Donnie has his *own* site at .gov (whitehouse.gov) he can publish whatever crap he wants.

Life isn't fair. Why can't the President of the U.S. work on the most urgent needs of this country? Why don't his supporters care about that? Did people vote Donnie into office to have him spend time on petty matters about his ego? Really? It's a civil issue and a personal one at that.

What's more important - his tweeting or running the country? Is the pandemic and unemployment less important? That's how Donnie's spending his time--raging and tweeting and worrying about an executive order about social media/tweets.

Keep following the shiny object... that's what Donnie wants his followers to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 11:49 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
You do realize this liability means they will need to BAN controversial accounts, right? As in: goodbye Trump twitter messages. I'm expecting this to backfire badly, if twitter doesn't cave right away.
And what constitutes "controversial"?

Opinions they don't agree with?

Old 05-29-2020, 02:06 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
At this hour, noone did.....

Just ONE, not tens, not hundreds.... ONE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post

Anyone can share a tweet from Obama or even GWB that attacks an individual or a group ?
No one? Seriously? 3 days and counting.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:32 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I agree about Trump doesn't have the right to post whatever he wants on Twitter.

However, Twitter by fact checking is now a publisher and bound to the laws of publishing. It isn't impossible for someone to sue Twitter and even win if they are able to show a clear bias that has harmed them in their fact checking.

Twitter is also now political.

Other foreign leaders/foreign countries have posted lies/threats/etc...and Twitter has yet to enforce their terms of service or fact checking.

This opens a huge can of worms for Twitter.
If this is truly a problem then Trump should work with congress to change the laws, it should not be done through executive order as a knee jerk reaction by a president just because he is unhappy with his treatment. Facebook and YouTube already fact check and screen, this isn't the first time.

I think it would be better for him and the country if they just banned him.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:59 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,330,129 times
One option available to Trump is to simply tell the truth. If he'd stop lying all the time, people wouldn't have to constantly fact-check his statements.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:37 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,054,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What you asking is impossible. What you just posted here... is it unique or did you copy and paste it from some other site? If CD is liable for copyright infringement this site ceases to exist.

If you are concerned about Google or whatever don't publish on platforms you have no control over. Get your own domain and use robots.txt file which give you 100% control over what Google indexes.
Nothing on your website will ever appear in Google or any other SE that respects robots.txt
No, my post is not copyrighted.

BUT my published articles and photographs ARE copyrighted.

Sorry, but STEALING by the CORPORATE TECH companies is stealing against the law.

WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP BILLIONAIRES FROM STEALING MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!!! By using workarounds!! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.....WHAT DON’T THE BILLIONAIRES UNDERSTAND THAT???

How do I run a business if CORPORATE TECH CAN STEAL MY PROPERTY....HOW CAN I RUN A BUSINESS WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET IN 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies