Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I thought so too. I rolled when he was giving Griffin his first tour and Doogie Howser came into the room. He turns and shrugs "What can I tell ya ? Affirmative action." Lol!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6721c8e...Lh-lA0UOU.copy

That movie is where I "discovered" Dave Chappelle.
Me too! I laughed so hard at that movie, and I normally am not one who even watches what passes as "comedy", but as soon as it came on HBO, I thought this one might be different, and it was, in a good way.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I watched a video of the Target looting, the guy filming walked the past the pharmacy and there were 3 white guys systematically loading up a wheeled cart, all 3 had masks on. I dont think they were looting because of Floyd being killed, seems like they saw an opportunity and took it, what do you think they are going to do with all those drugs?
Have heard reports of many pharmacies across the city being systematically broken into and emptied. ANTIFA/Proud Boys needs to fund themselves for the next opportunity.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:21 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You can’t see me at all. Hell, I could be white as a polar bear and you would never know.

Saying "you are not a victim" is just a meaningless phrase. We live in a physical world of CAUSE and EFFECT, actions betting reactions. When black people take note of racism as a cause of things effecting black people (and the effects can and do last long after the triggering action) you say its the victim mentality. No....its the causes and effects mentality.
Perceived racism is a victim mentality. If I drag a black man behind my truck because he's black, well, that's racism. Having a "feeling" that the system has failed me because I'm black is a victim mentality.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:22 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Perceived racism is a victim mentality. If I drag a black man behind my truck because he's black, well, that's racism. Having a "feeling" that the system has failed me because I'm black is a victim mentality.
Not really a cool metaphor to use since that has really happened to black men by white aholes. Not cool man.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It would have to be on the honor system.

Later, there could be a "Whites Only" protest, than a "Identifying As Female", then a "Disabled Persons" protest day and so on. Any group that acts up, they get moved to the end of the line for the next protest.
You don't want black people to solve their own problems.....and you don't want white people to have to solve black problems. It just sounds to me that some white people just want to see blacks continue to have more problems than others. I guess you can always feel superior as long as the condition of blacks is below that of whites. Changing that would leave you feeling not so special....or maybe even inferior.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Not really a cool metaphor to use since that has really happened to black men by white aholes. Not cool man.
Just a fact, change the color, it doesn't really matter. Red guy dragged by yellow guys. That make you happy?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Is it a victim mentality for a bank to look at the credit history of a person, and based upon that bad credit history, assume that they will become victims of this past bad behavior, in the present, if they give the person a loan? It's not a FACT that just because the person had a bad credit history, that they will default on a loan given in the present. So why does the bank play the victim card?

Why does a teenage boy, with no driving history, parents have to pay such high auto insurance cost for that kid? Why is it okay for insurance actuaries to base rates partially on the past behavior of teenage boys in the past? We do and accept this all the time in our society. When we don't know, we base things on past behavior. That is how we mitigate risk. Its a survival strategy/instinct.

Of course, whites dug themselves in the hole with over 300 years of racially motivated discrimination and violence against blacks. It's certainly HUMAN for blacks to react, in the present, the way that we do.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
Just a fact, change the color, it doesn't really matter. Red guy dragged by yellow guys. That make you happy?
None of it makes me happy, the entire thing sucks. I just can’t image a worse way to die and it’s haunting that it has happened in the past.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You don't want black people to solve their own problems.....and you don't want white people to have to solve black problems. It just sounds to me that some white people just want to see blacks continue to have more problems than others. I guess you can always feel superior as long as the condition of blacks is below that of whites. Changing that would leave you feeling not so special....or maybe even inferior.
There's a solution to your "blacks continuing to have more problems than others". Hint, it involves not being victims in your own mind.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
None of it makes me happy, the entire thing sucks. I just can’t image a worse way to die and it’s haunting that it has happened in the past.
Horrible in every since of the word, and an example of true racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.