Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Funny, Rush's audience is about .005 of the population of the US.
And I never see them out looting, killing cops and burning down cities.

It's not his audience you should be concerned about. His audience pays taxes, goes to church and gives to charities.

His audience wears work boots. Something unfamiliar to many Liberals.
Yes. Rush's loyal habitual audience is about 5% of the US population, and about 23% of the US population elected Trump. Certainly enough to sway the Republican Primary and the general election.

I'm not at all sure who you're arguing with, in the rest of your post.

I'm not calling Limbaugh listeners unemployed (although I suspect many are), I'm calling them too dumb to understand his conservative cover-ups and logistical gymnastics.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Why be so nasty?
who me? the lady called me stupid. AND admitted being a listener of someone she claims the listeners are stupid!

i was certainly NOT being nasty.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:35 PM

860 posts, read 321,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm "on about" EXACTLY what I say. I'm not hoodwinking, not dog whistling, whatever.

I'm saying exactly what I'm saying.

Rush Limbaugh is an absolute genius communicator in the radio format (this TV attempts didn't go so well, but still, doesn't detract from his radio success).

He has amassed a following of not so smart people that he panders to, and makes them feel smart and included by the very fact that he is smooth and smart and is encouraging them. And he is responsible in large part for Trump's election.

That's what I'm 'on about'.
Let me guess, Clara. You think dumb people listen to Rush and watch Fox News, but smart people watch CNN and MSNBC? What a surprise.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm calling them too dumb to understand his conservative cover-ups and logistical gymnastics.
And that's the problem with people like you.

You assume 15-20 Million people are stupid and can't think for themselves.

We call them Democrats.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:39 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And that's the problem with people like you.

You assume 15-20 Million people are stupid and can't think for themselves.

We call them Democrats.

That's because they're stupid themselves and think that everybody is like them.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i would make two points.

YOU said:
He has amassed a following of not so smart people that he panders to,

YOU also said YOU are a regular listener.

Point 2: i am highly insulted at you likening my intellect to your own.
I'm not a follower. I'm a listener.

Even you recognized the difference, in your post. ;D

Old 06-04-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Let me guess, Clara. You think dumb people listen to Rush and watch Fox News, but smart people watch CNN and MSNBC? What a surprise.
I guess I did say that. I didn't mean "listeners", I meant "followers". Sorry to have been unclear.

I listen to Rush and I consider myself smart. I don't follow him, I just listen and consider what he's saying.

And no, I think anyone who uses CNN as their major news source is also dumb. CNN is NOT a good source of correct, unbiased information.

*keep guessing maybe you'll get it right*

Old 06-04-2020, 08:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
an interesting aside.

The term "Dito Rush" has become a mainstay of the program. liberals have opined that this is a regurgitation of the sycophants that hang on his every word and do whatever he tells them.

I was listening back in the day when the term came to popularity. I remember driving down the road and talking to the radio.

The term came from a caller that told Rush, that Rush said what he was thinking. next caller dito'ed the previous one. i sat in my car driving down the road saying "that's what I thought"

Ditos Rush simply means that Rush is saying what we are all thinking. You guys think Rush is telling us what to think have it backwards. Rush has 50 million people listening because Rush says what we think.

and the left is just too dumb and self absorbed to look inwardly and see the thing that reviles us.

Peace to you all and Ditos Rush!
Ah, the “ditto heads.” Now I understand!! It makes a lot of sense what you said. Limbaugh validates what his listeners think, and the listeners feel smart cause Rush agrees with them.

Actually, Trump uses a similar type maneuver. He parrots what his followers at his rallies think, and they love him. And voted for him. It’s a cult.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
It sort of depends if a listener wants the facts (CNN & MSNBC) or wants to have a “news” person (FOX News & Limbaugh) spin the facts to match their own warped ideological way of thinking. (Or someone who listens because they just want a good laugh).

Old 06-04-2020, 09:03 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Yep, look how great everything is going right now.
I guess MAGA turned into Make America like the Great depression Again.

20% unemployment is suppose to be the new number tomorrow morning. Great Depression numbers. I don't blame Trump directly for the economic collapse but it is what it is. If you take 100% credit for the good numbers you need to own the bad ones also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies