Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times

Advertisements

The NFL players I saw tonight weren't outraged or hurling insults at Brees -- disappointed yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 PM

13,984 posts, read 5,644,902 times
Well, if his career is RIP...it was a really good career for a little white guy from Purdue.

And hey, nothing like being cancelled for having principles. He'll be able to tell his children and grandchildren that he was exiled from polite society for having principles and exercising free speech. If he actually holds strong and doesn't self-flagellate before the alter of virtue signaling nonsense...good for him.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
This is insane. Brees is a man of the highest character.
He is in no possible way racist.
This is what he said,

So, he should be "cancelled" because he loves his country?
Yes, it is absolutely insane.

No one is safe from the thought police. I hope he doesn't back away from his comments.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:24 PM

1,781 posts, read 957,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But as many patriotic Americans support the right to kneel as a sign of protest as don't. It's debatable, subjective.

You are continually avoiding the issue that it was suggested that kneeling was a more respectful way to raise awareness...and it was a veteran who suggested it.

There have been countless vets who have spoken up and said that they support the right to kneel.......they don't see it as being unpatriotic.
I am continually avoiding the issue? Really do tell how do you know anything about what I have done in this regard?

And guess what, there have been countless vets who have spoken up that they DON’T support kneeling during the National Anthem and think it’s unpatriotic and disrespectful. Let’s go all tit for tat on this why don’t we?

Oh and by the way, no one said he doesn’t have the RIGHT to kneel. He absolutely does, you know free country and all that (thank you vets and active duty). That is NOT the issue and you know it.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
That is true from what I've read about a veteran offering that advice. BUT..does that matter if many other veterans disagree? Obviously a lot of veterans do agree with it but I guess my rant on that is just because a veteran gave him the idea doesn't automatically make it right.
Kneeling is a sign of respect in various cultures around the globe, including this one. Those who oppose it can spare the false outrage. They should stop the masquerade and just be honest about the fact that they don’t care about nor want to hear of any discrimination suffered by black people. That’s the real issue. They are of the same ilk as those that denied black vets their benefits after risking their lives for a nation that hated them. If they weren’t they wouldn’t speak as though only their relatives fought and/or died for this nation.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:28 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Let the left continue to behave like fascists. Brees is worth north of $100 million. Threats to boycott or end his career won't hurt him a bit.

I'll only be disappointed in Brees if he takes back his heartfelt and correct statement.
I hope he isn't targeted for injury by anti-American kneelers.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:30 PM

45,642 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not really. He takes a personal viewpoint of the flag that does not encompass all American. To paint it entirely as a symbol of military duty is a disservice to Americans that did not serve. He needs to widen his horizons and talk to teammates about their differing viewpoint. But he obviously has not bothered. These are guys that helped him become a multimilliomaire. It’s clear that he is dead set in his opinion and hasn’t bother recaching out to them to discuss.
So is the other side.

9,742 posts, read 4,503,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hope he isn't targeted for injury by anti-American kneelers.
Considering he plays for a team found quilts of targeting other teams quartbacks that would be quite ironic

3,618 posts, read 3,059,547 times
Drew is cool. Kap is cool. Both dudes doing their own thing. Its my belief that Kap belongs in the League.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not really. He takes a personal viewpoint of the flag that does not encompass all American. To paint it entirely as a symbol of military duty is a disservice to Americans that did not serve. He needs to widen his horizons and talk to teammates about their differing viewpoint. But he obviously has not bothered. These are guys that helped him become a multimilliomaire. It’s clear that he is dead set in his opinion and hasn’t bother recaching out to them to discuss.
He also takes a personal viewpoint of military service that does not encompass all Americans. That’s entirely disrespectful to black vets, especially those who gave their lives. Same goes for all of those who share his viewpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies