Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 03:28 PM

132 posts, read 57,092 times

Advertisements

Here's a video from another angle that appears to show he's receiving help almost immediately:
https://youtu.be/xwB-4NQ14xQ

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-75-year-old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 03:33 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,685,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
They gave him a little push and he tripped over his own feet.

That occurred only after he violated the curfew and purposely confronted the LEO's.

They "walked by him" because they were there to secure the area and disperse the crowd.

They had EMT's on the scene and they were called immediately.
You'd say anything to defend police apparently.

Credibility: 0

Old 06-06-2020, 03:36 PM

11,909 posts, read 5,884,961 times
I sent the link to another poster who asked for it but unfortunately - the video was taken down - surprise, surprise. There were people who supposedly were at the protest and said the gentleman set this up - I have yet to see the video but if there truly is a video - I'll post it for all to see.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:58 PM

132 posts, read 57,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You'd say anything to defend police apparently.

Credibility: 0
It's what I saw in the video.
It's not dependent on you agreeing.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:02 PM

20,227 posts, read 9,141,351 times
I've seen better phony falls in the movies. That was totally staged.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:05 PM

3,598 posts, read 3,108,808 times
I did not read all 15 pages of comments, but the real reason the 57 cops left the squad was that the PBA (their union) was no longer going to provide legal council to those on the special squads - per the letter the PBA chief sent to their members: “In light of this, in order to maintain the sound financial structure of the PBA it will be my opinion the PBA NOT to pay for any ERT or SWAT members legal defense related to these protests going forward."

So the PBA was leaving the cops high and dry and responsible for their own legal defense of any accusations of wrongdoing. The PBA chief was basically covering up the real reason for the resignations by instead claiming it was "solidarity" with the accused. I wouldn't hold all 57 cops to the same level as those that caused the injury, they likely did not want to be held personally liable for things they were doing under orders, or be harassed by litigation for things that they didn't do.

Right or wrong, they felt that they were only doing what they were told, and what was expected of them. And if neither the city nor union stands behind their actions, then they would rather not be in the position if they don't have to be.

Has anyone heard anything about their commander's accountability for the actions?

Old 06-06-2020, 04:13 PM

11,909 posts, read 5,884,961 times
Years ago - the guy drove his red Toyota up to the GM plant when they were striking and tried to join the strikers. He was trying to pass off literature on strikes and communism. The union protesters told him no and instead of leaving he went to all the gates and tried to join them. Finally security came out and told him he'd have to leave the property or they were calling the cops. He did leave - but for 2 weeks after the strike had ended - he'd show up to the GM lobby and declare that he wanted to talk to management as he was heading a citizens concern for the UAW and wanted to make sure management understood the union's demands.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:52 PM

10,389 posts, read 8,629,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It doesn't matter what he was saying to them. He wasn't attacking them, and their response was unjustifiably violent. We don't attack, maim, kill in this nation just because someone "said something."

Speaking of morals, you need to look into the mirror and ask yourself why you defend a Gestapo approach to law enforcement that justifies unnecessarily violently attacking peaceful protesters and then leaving them for dead on the ground. That's where the "incredibly lacking" part comes in. You would be more at home in a police state like China than a democratic republic like we have here.
Ever hear the saying " Keep your hands to yourself?"

Old 06-06-2020, 11:22 PM

3,890 posts, read 1,822,523 times
I watched a little longer clip of the incident and it looked like the national guard is who helped the man up, not a police officer.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,117,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Years ago - the guy drove his red Toyota up to the GM plant when they were striking and tried to join the strikers. He was trying to pass off literature on strikes and communism. The union protesters told him no and instead of leaving he went to all the gates and tried to join them. Finally security came out and told him he'd have to leave the property or they were calling the cops. He did leave - but for 2 weeks after the strike had ended - he'd show up to the GM lobby and declare that he wanted to talk to management as he was heading a citizens concern for the UAW and wanted to make sure management understood the union's demands.
Why am I not surprised?...this guy is a communist.

All the mobs in the streets these last couple weeks are communist sympathizers.

This old man, like the little children having their lives endangered by their parents dragging them on to freeways, are just tools in the new communist movement we are seeing right before our eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies