Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 07:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know. Some folks find other races attractive. I know that I do. It isn't that I don't feel white women aren't attractive, many are. You show me a strong, secure, black woman and Ill show you beautiful. I think Asian women are the most feminine, I may be biased because of my wife and daughters. White women? Many are beautiful and strong and secure. I don't disqualify simply because of race. It's a package deal.

Society is great for generating stereotypes. Behind every stereotype is a grain of truth.

Helicopter mothers. What first comes to mind? Me? Asian, then white. My wife was tough with our kids, especially our daughters.

Moms who think they are their daughter's best friend? White. No maybe to it. It never goes away. You Marry a white girl and you married her mother too. LOL

Worst woman to have mad at you? Black woman. Legend has it that they can kill with a glare and only black women have that glare down pat...

I know guys that go crazy over big girls, race isn't a qualifier. The bigger the better. Im not judging, just not my taste. I also know guys that make ugly look great who think they only rate 10's. Go figure.

My point is that taste in women is just that, taste.

I literally fell for my wife within a minute of meeting her. That's the truth. 36 years later and going strong. It took a little longer for her. LOL
I am white and I prefer black men. I suppose it could be a phase due to it being a taboo when I was young so I never thought of it before. But I don't think so. What we consider more attractive can result from a multitude of things.

I dislike my own paste pallor, and it's not attractive on men either. Having nothing to do with white guilt or self loathing or anything, I mean most white people before it was considered dangerous spent so much time tanning our skin.

When my legs are next to my boyfriend's and I look at his pretty color and my paste, IDK why he likes them! At first I also marveled at how funny the contrast looks. Because I am really pale and he is really dark.

I remember as a teen, when it had been firmly implanted in my head by my father's side of the family that was a no-go, but just as firmly by my Mom's side that no one is any better or worse than anyone else, I was in a seminar that grouped us in two's and I remember being paired with a boy as dark as night, and I remember my reaction. He was beautiful. Cuter than any of the cutest boys in my school to me. I liked him immediately and was willing to bear my father's disapproval but I ended up just tongue tied.

Funny how there is a 'black is beautiful campaign' and I agree but then it's 'mental' if that is what I am attracted to.

It's more than looks too. Something about the different way they move and speak and just are. /shrug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 07:39 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Says you.
and to you she is just a low IQ, victim mentality, hustler with a PHD...lol

Old 06-10-2020, 07:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
You are wrong. A positive self-worth developed in the home at an early age is a foundation which cutting remarks or negative messaging will be hard to crack.

When I was around 5 or 6 my mother told me one day when she was driving I was good looking. She said that out of the blue while I was seated next to her in the car.

Now, I'm not sure how others saw me and I might have been laughed at a few times which I certainly didn't like.

But I never felt ugly.
Yes and no. If your self-worth is "too high" as a black person, you are called uppity and arrogant.

And while you have your own internal positive messaging, the world around you reacts to the negative messaging. And you are treated accordingly.

(This all comes from personal experiences)

Old 06-10-2020, 08:13 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes and no. If your self-worth is "too high" as a black person, you are called uppity and arrogant.

And while you have your own internal positive messaging, the world around you reacts to the negative messaging. And you are treated accordingly.

(This all comes from personal experiences)

So what? What's important is you're emotionally equipped to deal with it.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:35 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
and to you she is just a low IQ, victim mentality, hustler with a PHD...lol
And if Malcolm X had been in the audience he'd have told the woman (in private and not in front of whites in the audience),

"Well, your presentation was nice and dandy but let's talk about personal responsibility. Because until we as a people start to address our own issues. Start cleaning up our own communities... nothing is going to change. WE must address anti-social and immoral behavior before we can come together.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
And if Malcolm X had been in the audience he'd have told the woman (in private and not in front of whites in the audience),

"Well, your presentation was nice and dandy but let's talk about personal responsibility. Because until we as a people start to address our own issues. Start cleaning up our own communities... nothing is going to change. WE must address anti-social and immoral behavior before we can come together.
Yep...and if King were alive he would be a Trump supporter.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:51 PM

Netflix has a new section of films that center on black people, for those inclined to learn. I feel rather inundated with learning right now, I was looking for comedy, but I think it's cool that it's there.

It forced me to choose to look at the collection before proceeding. I think that is cool too. Hey, it says, stop for just a second and consider..........I think it's a beautiful day in America.

Another thing I love is a meme I saw that said every mother was summoned when George Floyd called for his mama, and I see a lot of real life white women exhibiting that.

They are in the streets and tearing it up on social media.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Netflix has a new section of films that center on black people, for those inclined to learn. I feel rather inundated with learning right now, I was looking for comedy, but I think it's cool that it's there.

It forced me to choose to look at the collection before proceeding. I think that is cool too. Hey, it says, stop for just a second and consider..........I think it's a beautiful day in America.

Another thing I love is a meme I saw that said every mother was summoned when George Floyd called for his mama, and I see a lot of real life white women exhibiting that.

They are in the streets and tearing it up on social media.
I didn't have that in my Netflix. Was it focused on learning or just any movie with Black people? They could just update their algorithm, and put movies with Black people higher in the list if they want to promote Black content creators.

That is actually the problem - the segregation of "Black" stories. Just because something stars Black people doesn't mean it is only relatable to Black people.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I didn't have that in my Netflix. Was it focused on learning or just any movie with Black people? They could just update their algorithm, and put movies with Black people higher in the list if they want to promote Black content creators.

That is actually the problem - the segregation of "Black" stories. Just because something stars Black people doesn't mean it is only relatable to Black people.
Learning.

Old 06-10-2020, 10:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am white and I prefer black men. I suppose it could be a phase due to it being a taboo when I was young so I never thought of it before. But I don't think so. What we consider more attractive can result from a multitude of things.

I dislike my own paste pallor, and it's not attractive on men either. Having nothing to do with white guilt or self loathing or anything, I mean most white people before it was considered dangerous spent so much time tanning our skin.

When my legs are next to my boyfriend's and I look at his pretty color and my paste, IDK why he likes them! At first I also marveled at how funny the contrast looks. Because I am really pale and he is really dark.

I remember as a teen, when it had been firmly implanted in my head by my father's side of the family that was a no-go, but just as firmly by my Mom's side that no one is any better or worse than anyone else, I was in a seminar that grouped us in two's and I remember being paired with a boy as dark as night, and I remember my reaction. He was beautiful. Cuter than any of the cutest boys in my school to me. I liked him immediately and was willing to bear my father's disapproval but I ended up just tongue tied.

Funny how there is a 'black is beautiful campaign' and I agree but then it's 'mental' if that is what I am attracted to.

It's more than looks too. Something about the different way they move and speak and just are. /shrug.
In Asia the lighter the skin the better, especially SE Asia. Just about every skin product is labeled skin whitener.

I love the cinnamon color of my wife and daughters. When my daughters tan they are dark, or as my son says, "Pops they darker than me." Like Neil Young says "I want to live with a Cinnamon Girl".

Like I said there are plenty of white girls I think are amazing and well out of my league. Then again My wife is way out of my league. My wife won me in a second. Her strength, her poise, and a killer smile. It wasn't her skin color or her race. If that were all I wanted there are plenty for hire, you don't need to invest a lifetime.

I will reveal a myth. The docile obedient Asian woman is a myth. They run their households. They are the real bosses. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies