Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 07:22 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
hahahaha Dolls? hahahahahaha

Children telling the truth based on their observations on how people act.

What in the world does that have to do with the sky high rate of single parenthood in the black community which is where the problem is.
I didn’t read all the responses but has anyone noticed that whenever anyone points out that one of the biggest problems in the black community is the huge amount of kids born out of wedlock and corresponding lack of fathers in the household all we get is crickets?

It’s really hard to get ahead in life when mom’s on welfare and dad’s nowhere in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 07:38 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,703,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
I didn’t read all the responses but has anyone noticed that whenever anyone points out that one of the biggest problems in the black community is the huge amount of kids born out of wedlock and corresponding lack of fathers in the household all we get is crickets?

It’s really hard to get ahead in life when mom’s on welfare and dad’s nowhere in sight.
Did you know that there has been a 6 fold increase in out of wedlock births among whites since the 60's? Given the theory of how damaging OOWLB are and how they influence poverty, crime, wealth, etc, can anyone tell me how poverty, crime, wealth, etc, in the white community has gotten worse due to the 6 fold increase in white OOWLB? Do people know that there are whole countries, in Europe, with OOWLB rates that exceed 50% without the associated problems, in degree, that OOWLB are blamed on creating in the black community?

Blaming out of wedlock births for the problems in the black community is like blaming the fact that the women was naked and on her back for her being raped when that position came from having her cloths ripped off and being forced to lay on her back. In other words, fatherless homes and higher rates of children born out of wedlock was a condition of blacks after slavery ended. Children born out of wedlock at higher rates than whites was BORN from racial oppression. In the 50's the rate was 7 or 8 times the rate of whites. Today, the rate is only 2.5 times the rate of whites. This means that since the 50's OOWLB has been increasing for whites at a faster rate than it has been for blacks. However, blacks started out with much higher rates as a result of the impact of racial oppression. The white rate is slowly creeping up on the black rate.....but no one is paying attention to that or noting any problems its causing the white community.

Out of wedlock births is simply a deflection from racism.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:45 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,692 times
So it’s all whitey’s fault? Gotcha. You’re a broken record but hey, if you want to live your life as a perpetual victim go ahead.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
So it’s all whitey’s fault? Gotcha. You’re a broken record but hey, if you want to live your life as a perpetual victim go ahead.
Someone says its sprinkling and then you seek to discredit it by going to the extreme and saying "so its a heavy down pour with thunder and lightening...huh....gotcha". You use the straw man by taking what is said to the extreme case where its obvious that its not the case. However, that is not what was said. That is your straw man to try to discredit the TRUTH of what was said.

I have NEVER claimed that all the problems that black people face were created by whites. I don't believe that and have NEVER believed that. In fact, I have never once even heard a black person make that claim...in my life. That is not to say that no one has, but certainly no one in main stream opposition to racism claims that ALL black problems are the fault of white people....so STOP LYING!!!

Old 06-10-2020, 09:14 AM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Someone says its sprinkling and then you seek to discredit it by going to the extreme and saying "so its a heavy down pour with thunder and lightening...huh....gotcha". You use the straw man by taking what is said to the extreme case where its obvious that its not the case. However, that is not what was said. That is your straw man to try to discredit the TRUTH of what was said.

I have NEVER claimed that all the problems that black people face were created by whites. I don't believe that and have NEVER believed that. In fact, I have never once even heard a black person make that claim...in my life. That is not to say that no one has, but certainly no one in main stream opposition to racism claims that ALL black problems are the fault of white people....so STOP LYING!!!

So what are some concrete suggestion which haven't been tried? It's getting harder for anybody to get ahead these days and most people have their own problems to worry about. You go on about past events and how play into today society. O.k. but time to start addressing the immediate concerns such as life isn't fair and never has been.

I'm 62 years old. Life goes by fast and it's important to have guidance when a person is young. Unfortunately, I didn't have much and thus made a lot of mistakes. I had to learn the hard way to clean up my act or continue on a downward spiral.

But that's what nobody taught me as a child or a young man. The more important helping hand you're going to get in life is at the end of your arm. A boy of twelve with no father or anyone else to provide a positive role model is at a disadvantage. The boy reaches 18 and starts making stupid and/or dangerous choices because nobody taught him better. Nobody told him why not learn a trade like say plumbing. You can make good money and be your own boss. There are plenty of options in life. You just have to find your niche.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:17 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,902,377 times
Quote:
You know children, in those first few years of their lives, are able to learn a whole language just through observation. What they LEARN from the totality of their experiences and environments in their short little lives is OUTSTANDING and without bias. They just tell things as they see them and how it has been narrated to them.

Maybe people who see themselves ass LESS treat themselves and others like they are less....resulting in higher levels of single parent homes. It does not take a high school diploma to see how self insecurity, if not hate, can lead to failed relationships and a host of other interpersonal issues like conflict resolution. It certainly helps to explain why not only do whites see blacks negatively and treat blacks negatively in regards to discrimination and police abuse, but also why blacks themselves treat EACH OTHER negatively, which lends to much higher rates of homicide. America conditions people to see black as being inferior and blacks are subject to this conditioning as much as, if not more than, anyone else.
But black is beautiful! White? Not so much...

Old 06-10-2020, 10:59 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Why don't whites ever talk about out of wedlock births being a problem in the white community?
The problems are "economic security, educational attainment and criminality". I assume you'd agree these are problems for the black community. They are society's problems (any race).

If white OOWB were having the same issues, then we might look at it as a problem. Frankly, there are folks who do have a "moral" problem with it, especially the way it's aggrandized by some celebrities. But they have greeat economic security - cadres of assistants and nannies to do the "parenting" while they're off earning money, or enough money in the bank to not work during the first months.

Do people argue that 2-parent households aren't better than single? I don't think so. It seems the argument is "can any SPH raise a child successfully?" Obviously, the real answer is yes ... but it depends primarily on the economic security of the parent.

The OOWB itself isn't the problem. It's the single-parent households (SPH). So, are white OOWB happening in unmarried couples that live together, or SFH? Are black OOWB?

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...185,13/432,431

65% of black children live in SPH.
24% of white children do.

That's a pretty stark difference.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
So what are some concrete suggestion which haven't been tried? It's getting harder for anybody to get ahead these days and most people have their own problems to worry about. You go on about past events and how play into today society. O.k. but time to start addressing the immediate concerns such as life isn't fair and never has been.

I'm 62 years old. Life goes by fast and it's important to have guidance when a person is young. Unfortunately, I didn't have much and thus made a lot of mistakes. I had to learn the hard way to clean up my act or continue on a downward spiral.

But that's what nobody taught me as a child or a young man. The more important helping hand you're going to get in life is at the end of your arm. A boy of twelve with no father or anyone else to provide a positive role model is at a disadvantage. The boy reaches 18 and starts making stupid and/or dangerous choices because nobody taught him better. Nobody told him why not learn a trade like say plumbing. You can make good money and be your own boss. There are plenty of options in life. You just have to find your niche.
That is a cop out. What you presented, in general, is the case of people. Blacks and whites, as collectives, have had radically different socioeconomic outcomes from the beginning in America...or near the beginning. Both races have and have had hard workers, smart people, lazy people, less intelligent people, irresponsible people, etc, etc. Yet, the results of the socioeconomic of race has been starkly different. What is not being accounted for is the role that racism has played against blacks....but has not played against whites.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
The problems are "economic security, educational attainment and criminality". I assume you'd agree these are problems for the black community. They are society's problems (any race).

If white OOWB were having the same issues, then we might look at it as a problem. Frankly, there are folks who do have a "moral" problem with it, especially the way it's aggrandized by some celebrities. But they have greeat economic security - cadres of assistants and nannies to do the "parenting" while they're off earning money, or enough money in the bank to not work during the first months.

Do people argue that 2-parent households aren't better than single? I don't think so. It seems the argument is "can any SPH raise a child successfully?" Obviously, the real answer is yes ... but it depends primarily on the economic security of the parent.

The OOWB itself isn't the problem. It's the single-parent households (SPH). So, are white OOWB happening in unmarried couples that live together, or SFH? Are black OOWB?

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...185,13/432,431

65% of black children live in SPH.
24% of white children do.

That's a pretty stark difference.
So change it to single parent homes. The rate of white single parent homes has risen starkly in the last 50 years. Has the poverty rate increased for whites? Has the crime rate increased for whites? Has educational attainment decreased for whites?

If you are going to argue that single parent homes causes a lot problems....forget looking at blacks and just look at whites. Show me the correlation with causation between white wealth, white income, white poverty, which education, white crime that resulted in white single parent homes having a 6 fold increase over the last 50 years?

Old 06-10-2020, 11:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
So change it to single parent homes. The rate of white single parent homes has risen starkly in the last 50 years. Has the poverty rate increased for whites? Has the crime rate increased for whites? Has educational attainment decreased for whites?
Nothing to do with any of this. It's about where the crime, lack of education, and poverty are.
And the answer is obviously children raised in a single parent home.

Quote:
If you are going to argue that single parent homes causes a lot problems....forget looking at blacks and just look at whites. Show me the correlation with causation between white wealth, white income, white poverty, which education, white crime that resulted in white single parent homes having a 6 fold increase over the last 50 years?
It doesn't matter which group you look at, those in the group who are raised in a single parent home are less educated, make less money, and commit a much, much higher rate of crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies