Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 07:21 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I think these test are kinda unfair to the kids.

When you ask a kid to pick the attractive doll which doll are they supposed to pick??

If a black kid picks the black doll as the attractive doll is that kid saying the white doll isn't attractive?

Exactly.

Telling the kids to pick one over the other is setting up parameters that may not otherwise exist, in an attempt to obtain a result that might otherwise not even happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 07:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Not sure what response you are looking for from most here. Most have been culturally trained to ignore these issues. Black people now have to become more insular and educate their children as much as possible outside of the mainstream American context.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:27 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
do you understand that if you say "anecdotally, we know this to be true" you cannot turn around and say "you're not allowed to provide anecdotes to show it's not always true"?

It does no good to argue whether something isn't always true. The "Doll Test" is heart-breaking - not because white kids pick white babies or black kids pick black babies - but because black kids associates bad traits with the black doll.

I would assume you've read the CNN article about "babies are biased" (paraphrasing). If not, go google it.

Still, once again, you've enumerated a problem, but not proposed any solutions. What has happened with the "doll test" since 2011/2012 ... it is important, since we're talking about an entire generation of kids under 10.
Yes..You are absolutely correct that my personal experience does not prove the WHOLE. I rarely do that and you are correct for pointing it out because I certainly would have pointed that out if another had done so. However, it goes a long way in explaining and filling the gaps in black behavior and why, for example, blacks kill each other at so much higher rates than other races in the US. Black people are harsher on black people....than they are on others. We treat others better than we treat each other, overall.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:29 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There is substantial academic criticism of this study available online. It is by no means accepted as scientific as the OP points out, nor are any conclusions to be drawn from it.
Yeah, it could be the same if the children were asked if they prefer night or day. They would choose day every time.

That being said, I've seen this video before and I think it's kinda heartbreaking. You never want to see kids who seemingly don't like themselves.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:30 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You know children, in those first few years of their lives, are able to learn a whole language just through observation. What they LEARN from the totality of their experiences and environments in their short little lives is OUTSTANDING and without bias. They just tell things as they see them and how it has been narrated to them.
which begs the question - why are black adults teaching little black kids that they're ugly, bad, or worse than white kids?

Old 06-09-2020, 07:32 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure what response you are looking for from most here. Most have been culturally trained to ignore these issues. Black people now have to become more insular and educate their children as much as possible outside of the mainstream American context.
I have been on that page.

I am all for songs and messages like this....AGAIN. To undo the damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGiKYqk0gY

I tear up every time I hear that song....after a long time in between hearing it. I miss that black America. Music these days is mostly nonsense.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:34 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
America conditions people to see black as being inferior and blacks are subject to this conditioning as much as, if not more than, anyone else.
give us 3 examples

Old 06-09-2020, 07:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Hitler youth machine did the same reprogrammed the kids
The kids that burned and looted my town last week are brain washed people Made to believe their parents And their community are the enemy
You Appear you be are part of that program
White people are afraid of black people but what you leave out is black people are afraid of black people
How does my town feel after being burned and looted? do they pick the black doll?
These are rational people
Children are rational people
Don't reprogram them stop burning and looting

Old 06-09-2020, 07:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
You know children, in those first few years of their lives, are able to learn a whole language just through observation. What they LEARN from the totality of their experiences and environments in their short little lives is OUTSTANDING and without bias. They just tell things as they see them and how it has been narrated to them.

Maybe people who see themselves ass LESS treat themselves and others like they are less....resulting in higher levels of single parent homes. It does not take a high school diploma to see how self insecurity, if not hate, can lead to failed relationships and a host of other interpersonal issues like conflict resolution. It certainly helps to explain why not only do whites see blacks negatively and treat blacks negatively in regards to discrimination and police abuse, but also why blacks themselves treat EACH OTHER negatively, which lends to much higher rates of homicide. America conditions people to see black as being inferior and blacks are subject to this conditioning as much as, if not more than, anyone else.
Last night on local NY news there was an interview with a young black woman regarding the Floyd case and protests.

She was attractive, very well spoken and obviously educated, and her response in the interview was "I feel the trauma of racism every day....I hear the stories from my grandfather how the police treated him badly and it hurts me"

That's exactly it. She "feels" the trauma of racism, whether she is actually being discriminated against or not.

How can we get past that? I wouldn't tell anyone they can't learn their history, but what good is it doing this more than capable young woman to instill "trauma" in her that she's never actually endured? Do the grandchildren of Jewish holocaust survivors feel "trauma" too?

Old 06-09-2020, 07:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yeah, it could be the same if the children were asked if they prefer night or day. They would choose day every time.

That being said, I've seen this video before and I think it's kinda heartbreaking. You never want to see kids who seemingly don't like themselves.
My feelings as well. It's very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies