Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trumps tweet this morning I could see this turning into the 1968 DNC convention protest where the Chicago Police and protesters got into violent confrontation. Trump is stuck in a political corner if protests turn ugly the rally will become back seat to the media covering the riot out in front.

"Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!" Trump tweeted Friday morning."
The more I read that tweet, the more I think how dare he?

How dare he bluster and weaponize the Tulsa Police department against protesters, especially considering they've pledged publicly to keep both protesters and ralliers safe?

How dare he pretend citizens don't have the right to peacefully protest, and that if they show up they will be treated harshly?

Old 06-19-2020, 11:22 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Most freedom-loving patriotic Americans are just looking forward to having the rallies back.

Most freedom-loving patriotic Americans would give a one-finger salute to a schoolyard bully who threatened "any protestors" contrary to First Amendment rights.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:22 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

How dare he bluster and weaponize the Tulsa Police department against protesters, especially considering they've pledged publicly to keep both protesters and ralliers safe?

How dare he pretend citizens don't have the right to peacefully protest, and that if they show up they will be treated harshly?
Donald is just a blowhard. A Bully. It works with some. Others just ignore his blathering.

My fear who be that some of these crackpots turn up with assault rifles and body armor "to keep the peace" and all hell breaks out with loonies, police and innocent protestors getting caught in the crossfire.

This event is beyond stoopid to begin with. Bad things are likely to happen with the fringe people who show up to worship at the alter of Donald. A little incendiary encouragement from the clown and this has all the markings of a bad day in Tulsa.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:34 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:

Be as outraged as you want it's not going to change anything Trump does. He could not care less, if it seems to benefit him in some way he will say or do it. He got this mindset from lawyer Roy Cohn and his Mafia clients, he learned their lessons early on during his New York real estate days. Never back down, never admit you were wrong, always attack, and keep attacking until your enemy is dead, or you are dead. He will go to his grave in this way, just like Gotti or Luciano or Bulger. The bizarre thing is that so many revere mobsters like these.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Be as outraged as you want it's not going to change anything Trump does. He could not care less, if it seems to benefit him is some way he will say or do it. He got this mindset from lawyer Roy Cohn and his Mafia clients, he learned their lessons early on during his New York real estate days. Never back down, never admit you were wrong, always attack, and keep attacking until your enemy is dead, or you are dead. He will go to his grave in this way, just like Gotti or Luciano or Bulger.
Um hmm. You know what would be so presidential?

If he issued a statement praising Oklahoma, as a state of truly civilized people who can disagree with each other without resorting to violence, and say Oklahoma, show the rest of the nation how it's done!

A community that can express their own beliefs without fear of violence, or without committing violence.

The American Way.

Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Old 06-19-2020, 11:45 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
I can't imagine his advisors think this is anywhere near a good idea.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...lsa-juneteenth
how is it not a good idea??

trumpo is running as a republican (even though he is a life long New York Liberal)

republican President Lincoln signed the emancipation proclamation into law

the republican led congress is who passed it, while the democrat apposed it

The Senate passed the amendment (13th) on April 8, 1864, by a vote of 38 to 6; only two Democrats voted FOR it
On January 31, 1865, the House called another vote on the amendment, with neither side being certain of the outcome. With 183 House members present, 122 would have to vote "aye" to secure passage of the resolution; however eight Democrats abstained, reducing the number to 117. Every Republican (84), Independent Republican (2) and Unconditional Unionist (16) supported the measure, as well as 14 Democrats, almost all of them lame ducks, and 3 Unionists. The amendment finally passed by a vote of 119 to 56...with all 56 against votes from the democrats

as to Oklahoma, it was just a territory back during the civil war, and remained just a territory until its statehood in 1907

so what makes you think this would be a bad idea

Old 06-19-2020, 12:13 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Moments ago, to "show her strength" and to stand in solidarity with president Donald Trump, Kayleigh McKenancy, the White House Press Secretary, just said during a press briefing that she will NOT be wearing a mask during Trump's rally.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:20 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
....never admit you were wrong, always attack, ....

roger stone, in the documentary "bring me roger stone", directly confirms that the campaign's strategy was "attack, attack, attack. never defend".

Old 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Moments ago, to "show her strength" and to stand in solidarity with president Donald Trump, Kayleigh McKenancy, the White House Press Secretary, just said during a press briefing that she will NOT be wearing a mask during Trump's rally.

Yikes, Trump's little barbies sound and act like the Manson Girls more and more every day. Pitiful.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The Associated Press just confirmed that Trump's rally will be the largest indoor event in the United States since March 12th, the last day NBA & NHL games were played.

Trump is forcing attendees to sign waivers that absolve him of any liability if you come to his rally and contract COVID19.

The level of irresponsibility and recklessness by Trump is off the charts.
But it will be quite a successful public health experiment if Tulsa area hospitals aren't full of patients as a result. It could mean soon we can go back to filled concert halls, arenas and football stadiums. Just take temps, provide masks and make disinfectant available. Mask wear optional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies