Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 04:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I thoroughly support trump supporters attending his rallies, not wearing masks, and shouting their allegiance as loud as possible. By all means, get to those rallies and show your support! He needs you, do not stay at home.
and I'm hoping more protesters get smashed in the skull by statues. I think one guy is in a coma. talk about darwinism.

Old 06-19-2020, 04:32 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
I thoroughly support trump supporters attending his rallies, not wearing masks, and shouting their allegiance as loud as possible. By all means, get to those rallies and show your support! He needs you, do not stay at home.
If wanted to travel to Vermont or Maine from Long Island, if would be required to quarantine for 14 days, but if I went to Trumps rally in Tulsa I could sit with 19,000 people for hours in an enclosed space. Does this make rational sense.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-19-2020 at 05:03 PM..

Old 06-19-2020, 04:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I'm one that thinks Confederates don't deserve to be honored at all. Tearing down Confederate statues is a recognition of that. It's not art to me, it's a piece of feces to me.

By the way, you are wrong about how I know about Juneteenth. I read about Juneteenth in a book about Texas back in the early 2000s. If this doesn't suffice for you, then it's you with the problem, not me.
actually tearing down or destroying, or vandalizing any property that is NOT YOURS is a crime..

you don't like the statue or what it represents...then petition to have to removed in a lawful way, otherwise the people doing it are just criminals

Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because no one knew what juneteenth was. including the people who are now offended. ya'll should have come up with a more snappy name for people to remember it.
And you are proud of your ignorance on the subject.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:19 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Snowflakes like Trump do get pissed off easily.
He does and THEY DO. No one fits the prototype of a SPOILED, ENTITLED, SELFISH, SNOWFLAKE more that Dim Donald Drumph.

Parents handed him money? check!

Parents got him into college? check!

Crybaby? check!

Needs to be the center of attention? check!

Thinks EVERYTHING is ABOUT HIM? check!

Loves things naughty nasty nine-year-old boys like? check!

Hates people who disagree with him? check.

Obsessed with war, parades, rallies, flags, low rent models, golden toilet bowls, avoiding actually serving in a war? CHECK!

Bully and sadist? CHECK!!!

Makes and follows HIS OWN RULES? CHECK!!!

Wastes other people's money and doesn't earn his own? CHECK!!!

Thinks work and taxes are things OTHER PEOPLE DO. check!

Thinks Fast food is fine cuisine and avoids vegetables at all costs? CHECK!

"your so vain - you probably think this MASK is about you"

Old 06-19-2020, 06:29 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because no one knew what juneteenth was. including the people who are now offended. ya'll should have come up with a more snappy name for people to remember it.
Are you proud of ignorance? I like to learn, myself.

A "snappy name"? It's not a jingle for a commercial, dude. That IS pretty "snappy". What is "snappy" to you? "Columbus Day"? AKA "Invading Rapist and Psychopath Day?" Or "Flag Day" when we venerate a piece of cloth? Just roll that one into Independence Day.

Since you don't know, no one today "invented" Juneteenth. It commemorates the END OF SLAVERY.

The holiday began to be observed in outside of Texas, by Wesley Johnson. He didn't invent it. He named it.

In 1945. Which is hardly "new".

Think of it as another Independence Day - just as important, if not more than the one on July 4th. .
And NO. It is NOT a "Black Holiday"

It's a HUMAN holiday. If you are humane and just, you will love Juneteenth.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:33 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Opps

Here's another one wishing covid on their fellow Americans. Why would you do that.

And they call Trump supporters reprehensible.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If wanted to travel to Vermont or Maine from Long Island, if would be required to quarantine for 14 days, but if I went to Trumps rally in Tulsa I could sit with 19,000 people for hours in an enclosed space. Does this make rational sense.

I sure to you it doesn't because you don't blame the Democrat who imposed the ridiculous ban on you while allowing rioting to go unabated.

So you blame the Republican because hey, that's what you do.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And you are proud of your ignorance on the subject.

You've been posting here for 11 years. Prior to this month did you ever make a single post there about this Junteenth?

<crickets>

Old 06-19-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Are you proud of ignorance? I like to learn, myself.

In 1945. Which is hardly "new".

Think of it as another Independence Day - just as important, if not more than the one on July 4th. .
And NO. It is NOT a "Black Holiday"

It's a HUMAN holiday. If you are humane and just, you will love Juneteenth.
I'll ask you the same. You've been posting here for 12 years. Did you ever make a post about "Juneteenth" anywhere on this forum during that time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies