Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yup. I'm absolutely sure.

Biden's brain is swiss cheese. Nobody with any sense will vote to make him president.

It flabbergasts me given that the Democrats had so many other more competitive choices. Yet they forced them all out and they chucked this easily agitated 2x loser up there. But... he's Obama's boy. And it's all about the Black vote, nothing else. I don't think that strategy will work because they are driving every one else away from the Democrats.

But we've had a month of telling the Blacks they are victims, Trump's their enemy, and that Biden is their savior. Will be interesting to see how many of them fall for it again.
I think either candidate we elect in November, the vice president will have to take over their term because each presidential candidate is deteriorating at an alarming rate and won't be able to complete their term in office.

So the populace should vote for the vice president they'd like to see lead the country.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:30 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
I'll ask you the same. You've been posting here for 12 years. Did you ever make a post about "Juneteenth" anywhere on this forum during that time?
No, I did not post about it. However, I did know that it existed. How? A college "Afro-American" (that's what they called it then") History - American Studies course. I remembered the "snappy name" and the importance of the day. One of those "useless elective" courses, that made me a better informed and more compassionate person.

Twelve years ago I did NOT know that an entire city in Oklahoma known as the "Black Wall Street" for its plethora of prosperous AA owned businesses, was spitefully burned to the ground by jealous white people. I only learned that about five or six years. Did you know that? Also, a similar thing happened in Florida. Lots of looting and killing in both places. That REALLY must upset all of you "law and order types'. Peaceful, law-abiding, successful business people who's private property and lively hoods were destroyed by gangs of lazy, envious, savage thugs.

I've learned and seen quite a few other things since 2008.

I've seen an innocent man killed - his neck crushed by a monstrous thug while other men dressed in blue, impassively looked on. That is something I wish I could unsee - and undo. I've learned of a white supremacist who was welcomed into a Wednesday night prayer meeting shoot all of the kind Christian folks who invited him to study the bible with them. And I saw a man named Rodney beaten half to death on videotape by cops. And I learned that the jury somehow did not see what I saw. I heard about a teenager eating skittles in a hoodie chased down by a vigilante security guard in FL, and I saw an elderly man, viciously shoved to the ground and bleeding from the ear. Most tragically, "strange fruit" once again hangs from the trees of the United States. Or, maybe that grotesque fruit was always there.

There are many new things to learn about, it seems. With technology, they are being revealed.

The saddest thing I learned that in our country, an individual, am angry reality show host, and son of a Klansman could be elected with only a little more than 1/4 of the vote, could drive our country in reverse and off a cliff.

Did you learn anything new in those 12 years? Or, did you miss it all because you were worried about a song and a printed piece of cloth?

Yes WaldoKitty, I have learned so much in twelve years. and I think living is about learning. I am NOT ashamed about what I didn't know 12 years ago, but I am horrified by what I have seen and learned. Even so, I want to learn more.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:34 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think either candidate we elect in November, the vice president will have to take over their term because each presidential candidate is deteriorating at an alarming rate and won't be able to complete their term in office.

So the populace should vote for the vice president they'd like to see lead the country.

People don't vote for VPs. But I do think it's fascinating that Democrats, this time, are going to try that hand.

Biden won't be the one choosing the VP, IMO. That will be the Democrat swamp.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The saddest thing I learned that in our country, an individual, am angry reality show host, and son of a Klansman could be elected with only a little more than 1/4 of the vote, could drive our country in reverse and off a cliff.

Did you learn anything new in those 12 years? Or, did you miss it all because you were worried about a song and a printed piece of cloth?

Yes WaldoKitty, I have learned so much in twelve years. and I think living is about learning. I am NOT ashamed about what I didn't know 12 years ago, but I am horrified by what I have seen and learned. Even so, I want to learn more.
Did you support this woman? If so, then why the double standard?

https://twitter.com/TheresaMechele/s...49836229562368

Why are you giving Joe Biden a free pass for his racist past?

Yet you are trying to paste something on Trump who was the first to integrate his country club back in the early 80s and who has African Americans working throughout the Trump organization.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:56 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
No, I did not post about it. However, I did know that it existed. How? A college "Afro-American" (that's what they called it then") History - American Studies course. I remembered the "snappy name" and the importance of the day. One of those "useless elective" courses, that made me a better informed and more compassionate person.

Twelve years ago I did NOT know that an entire city in Oklahoma known as the "Black Wall Street" for its plethora of prosperous AA owned businesses, was spitefully burned to the ground by jealous white people. I only learned that about five or six years. Did you know that? Also, a similar thing happened in Florida. Lots of looting and killing in both places. That REALLY must upset all of you "law and order types'. Peaceful, law-abiding, successful business people who's private property and lively hoods were destroyed by gangs of lazy, envious, savage thugs.

I've learned and seen quite a few other things since 2008.

I've seen an innocent man killed - his neck crushed by a monstrous thug while other men dressed in blue, impassively looked on. That is something I wish I could unsee - and undo. I've learned of a white supremacist who was welcomed into a Wednesday night prayer meeting shoot all of the kind Christian folks who invited him to study the bible with them. And I saw a man named Rodney beaten half to death on videotape by cops. And I learned that the jury somehow did not see what I saw. I heard about a teenager eating skittles in a hoodie chased down by a vigilante security guard in FL, and I saw an elderly man, viciously shoved to the ground and bleeding from the ear. Most tragically, "strange fruit" once again hangs from the trees of the United States. Or, maybe that grotesque fruit was always there.

There are many new things to learn about, it seems. With technology, they are being revealed.

This is what I've learned in the last 12 years. Many people don't want to know better or do better. I've been saying for the last 20 years that the Confederate cause was about slavery, I've met people who would soon curse me out for saying that. I learned about the Tulsa Massacre and Black Wall Street watching television, Nickelodeon of all things. I had to wonder how many couldn't have known about the Tulsa Massacre. It was in my high school U.S. History textbook.

The last 5 years, thanks to technology, has just confirmed how ugly this world is. It's also confirmed that many things haven't changed.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
...I've been saying for the last 20 years that the Confederate cause was about slavery, .....

Dear, the Confederacy ended in 1865. Why would you be repeating something about that for 2 decades?

Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Did you support this woman? If so, then why the double standard?

https://twitter.com/TheresaMechele/s...49836229562368

Why are you giving Joe Biden a free pass for his racist past?

Yet you are trying to paste something on Trump who was the first to integrate his country club back in the early 80s and who has African Americans working throughout the Trump organization.
Waldo, I don't know much about what you posted, and knowing YOU, I would need to check the source. If I cared about Hillary Clinton, what she does and who she likes.

Since you love Trump so much, you must also know that Trump was a massive contributor to Bill Clinton's campaign and a registered Democrat and that Bill Clinton and Donald Trump socialized frequently.

For some reason, you think I am a Democrat. I am not.

I don't like Biden, either.

However, few people are as stupid and hateful as trump is. So whoever runs against him gets my vote.

The two-party system as you knew it, is dead. Both George Will and George HW Bush hate Trump. Most Americans do. Only 26% of you though a failed businessman and tin drum soldier would be a good choice as president.

You are still looking backward for definitions and answers.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The last 5 years, thanks to technology, has just confirmed how ugly this world is. It's also confirmed that many things haven't changed.
Indeed.

Who are you voting for in 2020?

Old 06-19-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:

However, few people are as stupid and hateful as trump is. So whoever runs against him gets my vote. ....
Well so far, every standard you have put forth as a reason to fail Trump. Every Democrat out there does far worse.

Are you truly being objective based on fact? Doesn't sound like it. And it's OK with me, but be honest about it. I'm hearing MSM meme but no real facts.

ANYTHING you could say about Trump, you'll find far worse from Biden. But he has a (D) by his name which I assume is the reason for the free pass. And BTW, I thank you for being civil about it. I'm not trying to fault you for what you believe. Not by any means.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Interesting article.

https://www.koco.com/article/we-come...unity/32920405
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies