Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 10:15 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, the Confederacy ended in 1865. Why would you be repeating something about that for 2 decades?
Because we have idiots who keep insisting that slavery had nothing to do with why the South seceded, and who keep claiming that the Confederate flag is about "southern heritage".

Old 06-20-2020, 04:19 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's got about as much public appeal as a dead man, but it's somewhat likely he'll win anyway.

No one wants to vote for him. But many voters (hopefully most) will. Although the fact that most people voted for Hillary (who also, not that many people liked) last election didn't cause her to win. So we'll see.
I'm looking at this differently. Many want to vote for a decent man who respects our citizens, our country and our Constitution. That is why Joe Biden succeeded in the primaries. That is why Joe Biden has been selected by the Democratic Party VOTERS. That is why so many appalled and concerned Republicans are supporting Joe Biden. I also believe DJT comprehends this, which explains his fear of the former VP. IMHO.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-20-2020 at 04:38 AM..

Old 06-20-2020, 04:26 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A lot of Hillary voters are going Trump this time.

And that was before Democrats & their supporters started rioting, banning movies, pancake mix, and pulling down statues of George Washington. How can you so willfully support a "dead man" who supports that?
I vehemently disagree with most of what you make up Kitty, but the idea that any Hillary supporter would cast their vote for Trump is preposterous. You might want to dial back your tall tales a bit.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:35 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what I've learned in the last 12 years. Many people don't want to know better or do better. I've been saying for the last 20 years that the Confederate cause was about slavery, I've met people who would soon curse me out for saying that. I learned about the Tulsa Massacre and Black Wall Street watching television, Nickelodeon of all things. I had to wonder how many couldn't have known about the Tulsa Massacre. It was in my high school U.S. History textbook.

The last 5 years, thanks to technology, have just confirmed how ugly this world is. It's also confirmed that many things haven't changed.
That's how I learned these things also. Technology, and thru it. books that told me more about these things. And yes, these past five years have been just awful. Ugly. I have found out the truth about friends and some relations.

There was no "War of Northern Aggression". There was a very hot part of the US where rich folks did not want to pay anyone to do their work so they stole them from another continent and attempted to justify it because the bible mentions that ancient people had slaves.

These were not ancient times.

I am also horrified.

Here is what comforts me - the LOW PERCENTAGE of AMERICANS who actually voted for Trump. Less than a quarter. Keep remembering that. Less than 25%. Most Americans do not like trump.

To those who say voting the lesser of two evils is still evil, I say this.

Morality is not a black and white issue (not tye races) - it is in shades of grey and degrees. Do I LOVE Biden? No. There were several people who I liked better. Biden may be an old school party hack. However, I need to think of the SCOTUS.

Trump is an inept dolt who is probably senile and was never that smart. He's a 70 something spoiled brat who never worked for a thing in his life. Since I grew up in the NYC metropolitan area, I actually know quite a few people who know and have met Trump. Big cities can be small towns. Stuff gets around.

NYC is just a small town. It's no exception to that rule. If you come from a certain background, you probably have met someone who has met Trump or knows the Trump family. My dad met him on several occasions. He thought he was socially inappropriate, classless, and full of himself. Also sleazy. My father was a Republican. held a master's degree, and had a father who was absent and did not help either of his children. He put himself through school.

My dad was not a racist or a show-off. He hated trash and ostentation.

Relatives of mine and my father attended Trump's family's church. The first one.

He was from the same NYC Burrough as Trump and had relatives who attended The First Presbyterian Church of Jamaica Estates. Trump was confirmed there. The people at First Pres. did not like the Trump family, and especially did not like Donald. They were and are kind, low key, society folks. Actual Christians.
Donald was a handful in Sunday school. Fred Trump Jr. was reported to be kind and sensitive. His father and Donald did not like this. He did not want to join the family business. They drove him to drink and ultimately to his death.

When DJT was kicked out of the Kew Forrest School, no one at the church was at all shocked. He was expelled for bullying a student and violence towards a teacher.

My mother's family was in NY society and she was presented at the NY Cotilion. The trumps sort of wanted to be in society but did not want to play by the rules. The rules are simple. Charity comes first. The Trumps would barge into charity events to which they had not contributed. Don't crash parties. Don't brag. And for heaven's sake, do not be flashy in any way.

It would also be a good idea to refrain from KKK membership. That's important.

DJT graduated from the now-defunct New York Military Academy. This school was a favorite of members of certain NYC crime families. A place to further toughen up their already unruly sons.
The Trumps have many connections with organized crime. They also like ripping people off. Not paying their employees. This was well known.

When Mary Trump died, the Trumps had changed their church membership from Jamaica Estates First Presbyterian to Manhassett Congregational United Church of Christ. My mother had friends and a relative who attended there. So did I.

Mary Trump's memorial was held at Manhassett Congregational. A friend from HS was a member, and also a member of the Long Island Choir, a professional group of singers from a variety of denominations.

My friend at the time was about 35 lbs overweight. She had and has an angelic voice.

After the funeral, DJT, walked up to the mostly female choir and said "I'm disappointed. I paid a lot for this and there are a lot of horses, pigs, and dogs here," He then pointed them all out and assigned numbers on the "1-10" scale used to rate women by teenagers and chauvinists.

Many of the women were reduced to tears. They thought he was approaching them to thank them, or perhaps tip them as is customary.

This is Donald Trump.
Our country has come to this.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Left wing nut job Dan Rather tweeted out that if there is any violence at this rally, Trump will be responsible. Are you kidding me? How about the responsibility lying with the people who are actually being violent?

Old 06-20-2020, 06:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Because we have idiots who keep insisting that slavery had nothing to do with why the South seceded, and who keep claiming that the Confederate flag is about "southern heritage".

Slavery issue isn't a big issue with you. If it was then why are you supporting the Uncle Tom Party? The ones who backed slavery and Jim Crow?

Old 06-20-2020, 06:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
This is what I've learned in the last 12 years. Many people don't want to know better or do better. I've been saying for the last 20 years that the Confederate cause was about slavery, I've met people who would soon curse me out for saying that. I learned about the Tulsa Massacre and Black Wall Street watching television, Nickelodeon of all things. I had to wonder how many couldn't have known about the Tulsa Massacre. It was in my high school U.S. History textbook.

The last 5 years, thanks to technology, has just confirmed how ugly this world is. It's also confirmed that many things haven't changed.
Then why do you back the party of slavery and Jim Crow? The party that passed every single bigoted policy. People like you are part of the problem.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:26 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,712,210 times
I bet the big-box stores in Tulsa are all sold out of tiki-torches today...

Old 06-20-2020, 06:27 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Then why do you back the party of slavery and Jim Crow? The party that passed every single bigoted policy. People like you are part of the problem.
That party also passed the civil rights act.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:30 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That's how I learned these things also. Technology, and thru it. books that told me more about these things. And yes, these past five years have been just awful. Ugly. I have found out the truth about friends and some relations.

There was no "War of Northern Aggression". There was a very hot part of the US where rich folks did not want to pay anyone to do their work so they stole them from another continent and attempted to justify it because the bible mentions that ancient people had slaves.

These were not ancient times.

I am also horrified.

Here is what comforts me - the LOW PERCENTAGE of AMERICANS who actually voted for Trump. Less than a quarter. Keep remembering that. Less than 25%. Most Americans do not like trump.

To those who say voting the lesser of two evils is still evil, I say this.

Morality is not a black and white issue (not tye races) - it is in shades of grey and degrees. Do I LOVE Biden? No. There were several people who I liked better. Biden may be an old school party hack. However, I need to think of the SCOTUS.

Trump is an inept dolt who is probably senile and was never that smart. He's a 70 something spoiled brat who never worked for a thing in his life. Since I grew up in the NYC metropolitan area, I actually know quite a few people who know and have met Trump. Big cities can be small towns. Stuff gets around.

NYC is just a small town. It's no exception to that rule. If you come from a certain background, you probably have met someone who has met Trump or knows the Trump family. My dad met him on several occasions. He thought he was socially inappropriate, classless, and full of himself. Also sleazy. My father was a Republican. held a master's degree, and had a father who was absent and did not help either of his children. He put himself through school.

My dad was not a racist or a show-off. He hated trash and ostentation.

Relatives of mine and my father attended Trump's family's church. The first one.

He was from the same NYC Burrough as Trump and had relatives who attended The First Presbyterian Church of Jamaica Estates. Trump was confirmed there. The people at First Pres. did not like the Trump family, and especially did not like Donald. They were and are kind, low key, society folks. Actual Christians.
Donald was a handful in Sunday school. Fred Trump Jr. was reported to be kind and sensitive. His father and Donald did not like this. He did not want to join the family business. They drove him to drink and ultimately to his death.

When DJT was kicked out of the Kew Forrest School, no one at the church was at all shocked. He was expelled for bullying a student and violence towards a teacher.

My mother's family was in NY society and she was presented at the NY Cotilion. The trumps sort of wanted to be in society but did not want to play by the rules. The rules are simple. Charity comes first. The Trumps would barge into charity events to which they had not contributed. Don't crash parties. Don't brag. And for heaven's sake, do not be flashy in any way.

It would also be a good idea to refrain from KKK membership. That's important.

DJT graduated from the now-defunct New York Military Academy. This school was a favorite of members of certain NYC crime families. A place to further toughen up their already unruly sons.
The Trumps have many connections with organized crime. They also like ripping people off. Not paying their employees. This was well known.

When Mary Trump died, the Trumps had changed their church membership from Jamaica Estates First Presbyterian to Manhassett Congregational United Church of Christ. My mother had friends and a relative who attended there. So did I.

Mary Trump's memorial was held at Manhassett Congregational. A friend from HS was a member, and also a member of the Long Island Choir, a professional group of singers from a variety of denominations.

My friend at the time was about 35 lbs overweight. She had and has an angelic voice.

After the funeral, DJT, walked up to the mostly female choir and said "I'm disappointed. I paid a lot for this and there are a lot of horses, pigs, and dogs here," He then pointed them all out and assigned numbers on the "1-10" scale used to rate women by teenagers and chauvinists.

Many of the women were reduced to tears. They thought he was approaching them to thank them, or perhaps tip them as is customary.

This is Donald Trump.
Our country has come to this.
Thanks for the insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies