Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 02:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,615 posts, read 17,948,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I bet the justices hated it every time they were asked to govern for the state. Now they're being asked to govern for a city.
They've denied the lawsuit, was announced about a half hour ago.

No postponement, no social distancing and no masks enforced.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...rally/32918795

Old 06-19-2020, 02:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
I am hoping the attendance at Trump's Oklahoma rally is huge. Pack them in tight.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:15 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I am hoping the attendance at Trump's Oklahoma rally is huge. Pack them in tight.
Trump tight!!!

Old 06-19-2020, 02:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They've denied the lawsuit, was announced about a half hour ago.

No postponement, no social distancing and no masks enforced.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...rally/32918795
In addition to that the Tulsa curfew has been dropped after Trump discussed the situation with Tulsa mayor. Secret Service had requested it be lifted. Since Secret Service requested the curfew in the first place, maybe it means not as many protesters are coming to Tulsa as was feared.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 06-19-2020 at 02:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2020, 02:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Unfortunately for our nation, Donald Trump is egging for a fight. He wants his Boogaloo Boys and his LIBERATE TYPES to engage with peaceful protesters. He has also made threatening tweets about how protesters will be treated.

I hope those who have been tirelessly and courageously raising awareness of the injustice of racism and police brutality take a break tomorrow evening, because I believe, based on Trump's tweets, today, that he wants violence to erupt tomorrow night. Thank goodness his threats have served as a catalyst for the local authorities to impose a curfew.

Trump is holding his first mid-pandemic rally in a place and at a time guaranteed to make people angry and upset. He’s coming to a state fast becoming a coronavirus hotspot and putting on a rally almost certain to spread covid-19. In advance of the event, he’s ratcheting up tensions and threatening violence against peaceful protesters.

Yep, this shamefully is The President of the United States of America, that we are talking about.
Well. Listen to you......

It's you doing all the name calling and tossing out molotov cocktails and making threats before any even has taken place.

You guys demonstrate exactly that which you accuse.

I bet you didn't say one single thing about the George Floyd riots on this forum. And that says it all.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Trump tight!!!

Like a George Floyd Riot?

You guys sure have a lot of hate in your heart for your fellow Americans.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:38 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He and his cult still wonder why it is that blacks vote Dem.
#1 Reason:

Free "gib me dats".

What duh gubbamint gunna do fo me?

Old 06-19-2020, 02:48 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Donald is just a blowhard. A Bully. It works with some. Others just ignore his blathering.

My fear who be that some of these crackpots turn up with assault rifles and body armor "to keep the peace" and all hell breaks out with loonies, police and innocent protestors getting caught in the crossfire.

This event is beyond stoopid to begin with. Bad things are likely to happen with the fringe people who show up to worship at the alter of Donald. A little incendiary encouragement from the clown and this has all the markings of a bad day in Tulsa.
What makes you think he's (Trump) not counting on that? If a major brouhaha breaks out, he will be "justified" in exerting all his maximum government force to put down the "opposition forces".

Old 06-19-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
What makes you think he's (Trump) not counting on that? If a major brouhaha breaks out, he will be "justified" in exerting all his maximum government force to put down the "opposition forces".

Let's see.

• Violent extremely intolerant leftists show up to destroy a peaceful political rally through violent means.
  • According to "self professed enlightened progressives" it's Trump's fault.

Real America knows better.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:56 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.

• Violent extremely intolerant leftists show up to destroy a peaceful political rally through violent means.
  • According to "self professed enlightened progressives" it's Trump's fault.

Real America knows better.
I love how you only count Trump supporters as "Real" America. The rest of the Nation is equally important as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies