Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 12:04 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Macy's would be closed if a president had been murdered.

You couldn't shop for 9 minutes. Boo-hoo.
Macy's would have closed, maybe, but they would close as in tell all customers to leave, post workers at the door to unlock as customers are leaving and prevent other from coming, and do a sweep of the store to ensure everyone was out.

They would not lock customers in, that is actually illegal to do in a criminal way.

Yea, 9 minute no big deal, but in memory of a guy who did a home invasion is rather ridiculous. No nine minutes for that victim?

Old 06-13-2020, 12:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
bye felicia

I won't miss ya!

Old 06-13-2020, 12:05 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
P.S. What about the lives of white people? Eh.
What about white people? There isn't much distress from white people about the unjust killing of white people, or any other people for that matter, but they can protest too. Some are.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Macy's would have closed, maybe, but they would close as in tell all customers to leave, post workers at the door to unlock as customers are leaving and prevent other from coming, and do a sweep of the store to ensure everyone was out.

They would not lock customers in, that is actually illegal to do in a criminal way.

Yea, 9 minute no big deal, but in memory of a guy who did a home invasion is rather ridiculous. No nine minutes for that victim?

Of course not! No political value to the insane left!

Old 06-13-2020, 12:07 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I won't miss ya!
I am only a shopper at Macy's, makes no difference to me

Old 06-13-2020, 12:08 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
That is a violation of not only fire code, but detaining people illegally also if preventing from leaving.

Unless there is a link, I find it hard to believe Macy's would physically lock the doors in such a manner, they can be criminally charged for such things, and fined due to safety violations.
I doubt there’s a link, but I’m telling you. When I got to the mall, the sliding doors to MACYs were closed and locked, and about a dozen customers were in the inside, waiting for the doors to open so they could get out. Don t know what else I can tell you.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
MACYs has had a problem with leftist virtual signaling for a few years now. This one was the worst. This was my first shopping outing since February, and I was looking for an hour of normalcy (not counting all the masks), and I was bopped over the head with this false narrative again.

Was it Alinsky who said that if you repeat a lie enough people will believe it? Because it sure seems to be happening with this narrative that cops are killing unarmed black men. It’s amazingly rare, considering the tens of millions of encounters they have every year.

Nya....nya....nya.....nya.....nya......hey......he y.....MACYs goodbye!

Yes, and Joseph Goebbels said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Old 06-13-2020, 12:12 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What about white people? There isn't much distress from white people about the unjust killing of white people, or any other people for that matter, but they can protest too. Some are.
But the sign said the silence was to honor the life of Floyd, and those of black people. That’s exclusionary and racist. Why is a store telling white customers that it values the lives of blacks above theirs (which is essentially what they’re doing when they say that they are only honoring black lives).

Entire thing is ridiculous. And it is likely to backfire.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It hurts the people who are serious in saying reform is needed because the constant barrage of this kind of thing is so extreme we're tired of hearing about it and have stopped caring.

Precisely! Message fatigue.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:20 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Yes, and Joseph Goebbels said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Ya'll hate FACTS
- although declined -- NOT STOPPED !!

May 7, 2018 at 6:38 p.m. GMT-4
The number of deadly police shootings of unarmed people has generally declined since 2015 even as the tally of fatal shootings by law enforcement is on pace to hit nearly 1,000 for the fourth year in a row, according to data gathered by The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ings-database/

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/2127647...rican-american

Congress enacted the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, which boosted subsidies for local and state law enforcement. The bill also required the attorney general to “acquire data about the use of excessive force by law enforcement officers” across the nation and to “publish an annual summary of the data acquired.” Congress effectively ordered the Justice Department to document how often police kill unarmed private citizens.

The Wall Street Journal noted in late 2014: “Justifiable police homicides from 35 of the 105 large agencies contacted by the Journal didn’t appear in the FBI records at all. Some agencies said they didn’t view justifiable homicides by law-enforcement officers as events that should be reported. The Fairfax County Police Department in Virginia, for example, said it didn’t consider such cases to be an 'actual offense,' and thus doesn’t report them to the FBI.”

what need to change---- the FACTS are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies